Author Topic: Worst Movies  (Read 11077 times)

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Worst Movies
« Reply #140 on: August 09, 2015, 03:35:46 PM »
Eh I liked Caddyshack II - but I was like 9 or 10 when I saw it....

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #141 on: August 09, 2015, 03:36:42 PM »
Movies I hated include Freddy Got Fingered and American Pie 3.

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #142 on: August 09, 2015, 06:24:30 PM »
Whilst we're on the subject of Tarantino - Death Proof was utter shite. Complete crap from beginning to end.

I caught the last half hour (maybe 45 minutes) of that movie, but what I saw was absolutely awful. I'm not a fan of Tarantino anyway though.

I actually really liked Death Proof :P

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #143 on: August 09, 2015, 09:06:12 PM »
I actually really love halloween III

I like that one a lot too. I know it's really corny but it's actually more enjoyable for me than the rest of the series aside from the first two Halloween movies. Had it been a stand alone movie I'm sure it wouldn't get bashed as much and a lot of people wouldn't have dismissed it as easily.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #144 on: August 09, 2015, 10:09:13 PM »
Kung Pow. I remember renting it as a kid and watching the clock after the first ten minutes. It's sub-juvenile humor.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #145 on: August 10, 2015, 08:56:40 AM »
Caddyshack II
That is an awful, awful film.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #146 on: August 10, 2015, 09:58:32 AM »
following
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #147 on: August 10, 2015, 12:04:46 PM »
I'd have to say 2012 was one of the worst movies I've ever seen that was actually serious and had a huge budget.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #148 on: August 10, 2015, 12:50:05 PM »
Yeah I at least expected to enjoy 2012 on a "mindless stupid CGI fest blockbuster" level - but It didn't even provide that. It was just front to back awful.

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #149 on: August 10, 2015, 12:55:06 PM »
I really like The 5th Element... I definitely enjoy my ridiculous, over-the-top apocalypse movies, so I didn't mind 2012.

I would like to add Transporter 2 to the list of worst movies ever.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #150 on: August 10, 2015, 01:32:50 PM »
I didnt mind 2012 either. The end was cringe-worthingly cheesy, but acts 1 and 2 were enjoyable enough.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #151 on: August 10, 2015, 01:41:10 PM »
I didnt mind 2012 either. The end was cringe-worthingly cheesy, but acts 1 and 2 were enjoyable enough.

Ugh. That movie as a whole pissed me off, but that ending was especially awful.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #152 on: August 10, 2015, 01:42:56 PM »
The Fifth Element > > > > > > 2012.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #153 on: August 10, 2015, 02:47:10 PM »
Anyone ever catch The First Power with Lou Diamond Phillips?  That movie was wretched.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline mrrct

« Reply #154 on: August 10, 2015, 05:02:56 PM »
SeventhDegree listed a number of sequels that should never have been made that qualify as candidates for the worst movies ever made.  I'd like to add some:

The Crow: City of Angels (a no-budget, no-name rip off of the previous film)
The Crow: Wicked Prayer (an even less-budget, some-names flaming turd of a film)
Highlander II: The Quickening (there should have been only one!; undid much of the backstory of the first movie, with unbelievably bad special effects and hammy acting)
Highlander: The Source (a really bad episode of the TV series with an even smaller budget)
Blues Brothers 2000 (unless you like the music so much that you find the film secondary)

All of the Police Academy sequels, especially the post-Steve Guttenberg ones

The third Crow and Highlander films, although bad and unnecessary, are not nearly as bad as some of the others in their respective series.  I thought Eric Mabius was an improvement over Vincent Perez.  Highlander: The Final Dimension, was a logical continuation of the first film, forgetting the second film ever happened.  Against my better judgment I kind of like the fourth film, Highlander: Endgame, at least as a guilty pleasure.  The Source has no redeeming qualities whatsoever, unless people find the aligning planets special effect hilarious.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #155 on: August 10, 2015, 08:45:40 PM »
I'd have to say 2012 was one of the worst movies I've ever seen that was actually serious and had a huge budget.

I wouldn't say it was great, or even good, but I also didn't find it any worse than other movies of the genre. The worst part was the boyfriend dude dying and the mother just forgetting about him and hooking back up with the main dude. I'm pretty sure Hollywood scifi writers these days have no souls. :lol
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline erwinrafael

« Reply #156 on: August 10, 2015, 09:31:50 PM »
Anyone ever catch The First Power with Lou Diamond Phillips?  That movie was wretched.

I studied in a Catholic school in high school, and they made us watch that for Religion class. I now find the school's decision very funny.  :lol

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #157 on: August 11, 2015, 08:51:23 AM »

I studied in a Catholic school in high school, and they made us watch that for Religion class. I now find the school's decision very funny.  :lol
That's horrifying.

I actually watched that film with two friends in the theater on opening weekend.  We were the only three people in the theater.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #158 on: August 12, 2015, 10:06:34 AM »
Why do people dislike The Fifth Element ? I can see Chris Tucker being annoying - but that's his character... He's supposed to be.

Other than that I think it's a great movie.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #159 on: August 12, 2015, 11:33:15 AM »
Chris Tucker is a big part of it, but I found it just boring and stupid.

Offline Jaffa

• Just Jaffa
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #160 on: August 17, 2015, 11:49:44 PM »
Why do people dislike The Fifth Element ? I can see Chris Tucker being annoying - but that's his character... He's supposed to be.

That's fair.  And kudos to Chris Tucker for successfully annoying me.  But I don't think I'm being unreasonable when I say that I do not entirely enjoy the experience of being annoyed, and that I therefore did not enjoy that movie as much as I could have if Chris Tucker hadn't been so annoying in it. 
Sincerely,
Jaffa

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #161 on: August 18, 2015, 04:53:32 AM »
Not sure how to word this - but his character is annoying, yes - but I don't *get* annoyed watching - like he's in it too much or whatever.

Offline Genowyn

• That name's pretty cool, and honestly, I'd like to change mine to it.
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But Hachikuji, I've told you over and over...
« Reply #162 on: August 18, 2015, 09:49:22 AM »
Not sure how to word this - but his character is annoying, yes - but I don't *get* annoyed watching - like he's in it too much or whatever.

This. The fact that his character is so annoying doesn't really detract from the movie for me.

...my name is Araragi.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #163 on: August 18, 2015, 02:06:18 PM »

This. The fact that his character is so annoying doesn't really detract from the movie for me.
Same here.

Offline Jaffa

• Just Jaffa
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #164 on: August 19, 2015, 02:39:12 AM »
I can understand that.  I would say something similar about Jim Carey in Dumb and Dumber.  His character doesn't annoy me; instead, I am amused by how much his character annoys the other characters in the movie. 

That just isn't my experience with The Fifth Element.  Bruce Willis's reactions to Chris Tucker are mildly amusing, granted, but Chris Tucker actively gets on my nerves, and that hinders my enjoyment of the movie.  I do think it's a great movie in a lot of other ways. 
Sincerely,
Jaffa