Author Topic: Worst Movies  (Read 11043 times)

Offline ozzy554

Re: Worst Movies
« Reply #105 on: March 27, 2015, 06:44:03 PM »
Dana Carvey's "Master of Disguise". Gets 1% on Rotten Tomatoes. Features Brent Spiner (Data from Star Trek TNG) who likely assassinated his own career with that movie.
It needs to be seen to be believed. This is a collection of Spiner's running gag through the movie:

https://youtu.be/dePPJxRXhT8

My friend and I watched it recently and we laughed quite a bit......for all the wrong reasons. Everything is so stupid and poorly done it was actually kinda funny because it was just sooooo bad. The tone is really weird too, 95% percent of the movie aimed at REALLY young children and the other 5% are weird adult orientated jokes that do not fit in at all (these were most likely added when Happy Madison got involved.) According to IMDB Jim Carrey was offered the lead role, turning it down was one of the best decisions of his career.............turtle
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #106 on: March 27, 2015, 08:01:39 PM »
Dana Carvey's "Master of Disguise". Gets 1% on Rotten Tomatoes. Features Brent Spiner (Data from Star Trek TNG) who likely assassinated his own career with that movie.
It needs to be seen to be believed. This is a collection of Spiner's running gag through the movie:

I saw Nostalgia Critic's review of it. It looks feet-scrunchingly bad. Like when something is so awful you can't help tense your feet up.

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #107 on: March 27, 2015, 08:31:10 PM »
Check out the plot description from Wikipedia:

The movie starts with Parker being re-recruited by his former employers in the CIA to save the world from an evil vegetarian who brainwashes animals to kill people. The film ends with Leonard infiltrating the vegetarian base, fending off the vegetarians with magic meat he received from a Gypsy, freeing the captive animals and flooding the base using Alka-Seltzer. He escapes by riding an ostrich on the roof of the building, with the ostrich flying him down.

Omg, I need to see that  :lol
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Offline masterthes

« Reply #108 on: March 27, 2015, 08:40:36 PM »
Masters of the Universe. If anything, it was more disappointing than bad (although it is bad), but they turned a fantasy franchise and put sci-fi elements in it. I'm just glad that this new movie looks like it's going to keep to its roots

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #109 on: March 27, 2015, 09:08:15 PM »
I used to say Natural Born Killers was the worst movie I had ever seen, but I caught some of it on cable a while back, and while much of it is over the top, senseless violence, which is the point obviously, Tommy Lee Jones' performance was great enough to where the film now has some redeeming value for me, even if much of it is still nauseating to watch.

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #110 on: March 27, 2015, 09:30:12 PM »
I was going to say The Room but over St. Pattys day weekend I saw something way worse at the hotel we were staying at. Abduction staring Taylor Lautner. It's the stupidest movie I have ever seen. The story is he is an outcast high school kid who is super rich and jacked yet can't get along with anyone. He finds a picture of a missing person on a website that he recognizes as him from a baby picture.

It's fucking terrible.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #111 on: March 28, 2015, 04:41:14 AM »
You know, I love the Sex In The City series but damn the 2 movies, especially the second one was an abomination.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #112 on: March 28, 2015, 05:17:08 AM »

Yeah, that was bad.

The 80's were the best time for awful movies.  For example, most of the films that featured Bo Derek, like Bolero or Tarzan the Ape Man (I mean, they had plenty of Bo Derek, which visually was good, but not in any other way).
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #113 on: March 28, 2015, 05:53:42 AM »
Yet Bo Derek pulled you in to watch them. :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #114 on: March 28, 2015, 06:13:39 AM »
I watched them.

I watched some of them twice.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #115 on: March 28, 2015, 06:22:22 AM »
You know, I love the Sex In The City series but damn the 2 movies, especially the second one was an abomination.

I love Mark Kermode's review of it.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #116 on: March 28, 2015, 06:26:27 AM »

The first one wasn't bad.  They Hollywood-ed it up too much, but it was still fairly enjoyable.

The second, like you said, was an abomination.  I could barely get through it.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #117 on: March 28, 2015, 09:32:00 AM »
That sounds amazing.

This. :lol I feel like I need to see this.

Masters of the Universe. If anything, it was more disappointing than bad (although it is bad), but they turned a fantasy franchise and put sci-fi elements in it. I'm just glad that this new movie looks like it's going to keep to its roots

I was disappointed watching that one back. They tried too hard to make it relateable to a generic audience instead of fully embracing the source material. Common story.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Calvin6s

« Reply #118 on: March 28, 2015, 02:00:28 PM »

LOL.  Bo Derek.  I remember the playground talk "Bo Derek is in Playboy" ... "ok, we all need to raid our Dad's stash.  First one to find it invites all the others over to their house."

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #119 on: March 30, 2015, 11:00:38 AM »

LOL.  Bo Derek.  I remember the playground talk "Bo Derek is in Playboy" ... "ok, we all need to raid our Dad's stash.  First one to find it invites all the others over to their house."
Yes indeed  :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #120 on: March 30, 2015, 11:06:11 AM »
Under the couch for me. :lol

Offline Genowyn

• That name's pretty cool, and honestly, I'd like to change mine to it.
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But Hachikuji, I've told you over and over...
« Reply #121 on: March 31, 2015, 09:35:38 PM »
Bit late to the party but I wanted to mention that I quite enjoy Fifth Element and Jacob's Ladder as well. In fact for a while Jacob's Ladder was my favorite movie (this being during I time I was really into Silent Hill [a lot of stuff in SH refers to/is inspired by Jacob's Ladder]), though it does have some bad scenes. Like the one at the party. Or the one where those ladies start singing to him for no reason.

But ohhh yes that hospital scene, the subway scene, shaky heads galore. Love it.

...my name is Araragi.

Offline SeventhDegree

• of Inner Turbulence
« Reply #122 on: August 06, 2015, 08:56:53 PM »
"National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation Part 2: Cousin Eddie's Island Adventure". 

This is the most godawful movie ever made.  80 minutes of my life wasted that I'll never get back.

Other sequels that never should've been made:

"Star Trek V: The Final Frontier"
"Basic Instinct II"
"Caddyshack II"
"Cannonball Run II"
"Men In Black II"
"Meatballs Part 2 (and 3 & 4)"
"Children Of The Corn II" (as well as III, IV, etc.)
"Book Of Shadows: Blair Witch 2"
"Smokey & The Bandit Part III"
"Poltergeist III"
"Halloween III: Season of The Witch"
"Alien 3"
"Alien Ressurection"

"I'm tired of Facebook, tired of my failing health
I'm tired of everyone, and that includes myself."
----------Steven Wilson, 2017

Offline ozzy554

« Reply #123 on: August 06, 2015, 10:12:49 PM »
I actually really love halloween III
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
« Reply #124 on: August 07, 2015, 01:50:32 AM »
And Alien3 is far from being great but much much much better than Alien Resurrection.

And this thread isn't complete without naming the two Matrix sequels.

And, also I'm probably alone with this but: Kill Bill (both volumes) are just very bad with no redeemable quality.
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #125 on: August 07, 2015, 02:08:41 AM »
Whilst we're on the subject of Tarantino - Death Proof was utter shite. Complete crap from beginning to end.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #126 on: August 07, 2015, 02:20:54 AM »
Whilst we're on the subject of Tarantino - Death Proof was utter shite. Complete crap from beginning to end.

I caught the last half hour (maybe 45 minutes) of that movie, but what I saw was absolutely awful. I'm not a fan of Tarantino anyway though.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #127 on: August 07, 2015, 03:34:23 AM »
And Alien3 is far from being great but much much much better than Alien Resurrection.

And this thread isn't complete without naming the two Matrix sequels.

And, also I'm probably alone with this but: Kill Bill (both volumes) are just very bad with no redeemable quality.

I love both Matrix sequels and think both Kill Bill novies are great. So I don't approve of this.

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #128 on: August 07, 2015, 04:28:30 AM »
This has probably been mentioned atleast a hundred times, but the first thing that popped into my mind was that Super Mario Bros. movie.  :tdwn
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Online faizoff

« Reply #129 on: August 07, 2015, 05:10:26 AM »
This has probably been mentioned atleast a hundred times, but the first thing that popped into my mind was that Super Mario Bros. movie.  :tdwn

You aren't the only one
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online kaos2900

« Reply #130 on: August 07, 2015, 10:24:51 AM »
Battlefield Earth

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #131 on: August 07, 2015, 12:10:19 PM »
Battlefield Earth

I love the Red Letter Media review of that. It looks SO bad.

Offline ozzy554

« Reply #132 on: August 07, 2015, 12:50:58 PM »
joe dirt 2. I didn't like the first one either but this one was just so much worse.
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #133 on: August 08, 2015, 01:24:23 AM »
joe dirt 2. I didn't like the first one either but this one was just so much worse.

I wasn't even aware there was a Joe Dirt 2. I didn't mind the first one, but it's been quite a while since I've seen it.

Offline ozzy554

« Reply #134 on: August 08, 2015, 08:40:07 AM »

I wasn't even aware there was a Joe Dirt 2. I didn't mind the first one, but it's been quite a while since I've seen it.

Even better than straight to dvd, joe dirt 2 was released straight to crackle
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Online Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #135 on: August 09, 2015, 01:20:08 AM »
Battlefield Earth

Before you even learned how to SPELL your name... I was being trained, to CONQUER GALAXIES!

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #136 on: August 09, 2015, 01:27:29 AM »

Even better than straight to dvd, joe dirt 2 was released straight to crackle

I've never even heard of crackle whatever that is, so I guess that says it all. :lol

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #137 on: August 09, 2015, 02:35:22 AM »

My friend and I watched it recently and we laughed quite a bit......for all the wrong reasons. Everything is so stupid and poorly done it was actually kinda funny because it was just sooooo bad. The tone is really weird too, 95% percent of the movie aimed at REALLY young children and the other 5% are weird adult orientated jokes that do not fit in at all (these were most likely added when Happy Madison got involved.) According to IMDB Jim Carrey was offered the lead role, turning it down was one of the best decisions of his career.............turtle

I laughed at this movie when i saw it a long time ago.  Dana has some great lines when he's in disguise but its ultimately pretty shit.  His Pacino impersonation is crack up.  "do you got a slappadaballs?!" :lol haha yeh.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #138 on: August 09, 2015, 01:12:49 PM »
Battlefield Earth

Before you even learned how to SPELL your name... I was being trained, to CONQUER GALAXIES!

Then he gets his hand shot off and doesn't even react.

And DUTCH ANGLES EVEYRHWHERRRREEEEEEEEEE

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #139 on: August 09, 2015, 03:10:35 PM »
Caddyshack II

It's so bad, that even Chevy Chase only did a cameo.