Author Topic: The Song Roulette Tracker Thread 3.0 - v. Betting on red just this once  (Read 290865 times)

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Nice, I've got everything ready.

Don't forget about my bonus though! :biggrin:
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
I'd love to play in that one ;)

Offline Buddyhunter1

• Professional Mellotron Spotter
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
I'm up right after mikemangloy and both Lolzeez and Elite are in their final rounds sooo, anyone want to sign up in advance?
BUDDYHUNTER | Debut Demo Out Now! FREE DOWNLOAD: https://buddyhunter.bandcamp.com/
RYM: https://rateyourmusic.com/~buddyhunter1

Offline senecadawg2

I want to defend my crown, but I should also warn you that it might sometimes take me a couple days to send because my wifi is not the best right now. If that's not a problem with you than sign me up!
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline Buddyhunter1

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
That's fine. It'll be nice to have you back. :)
Hopefully you didn't use up all your good submissions last time. :lol
BUDDYHUNTER | Debut Demo Out Now! FREE DOWNLOAD: https://buddyhunter.bandcamp.com/

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
I'd like to join as well, before all the spots are taken minutes after you make the post :lol .

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni

If you need participants sign me in
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline mikemangioy

• do feel free to spool through.
Just a matter of someone finishing their roulette and mine starts! Be prepared.
Because Mike is better than Mike

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
Feel free to get your thread started and get people signing up. Elite's final round results (should) be up any time now, no reason you have to wait until after that.

Offline mikemangioy

Feel free to get your thread started and get people signing up. Elite's final round results (should) be up any time now, no reason you have to wait until after that.

Oh ok then. Thread coming your way in the next few hours.

Offline mikemangioy

Offline Buddyhunter1

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
Should I get my thread started sometime around now?

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
Elite and Lolzeez are both in their final round and (hopefully :lol) very close to finishing off. If you want to start up your thread early like Mike did, that's cool.

Offline Buddyhunter1

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
Alright, I'll do that soon. I was thinking about starting Round 1 after Elite posts his final results and Lolzeez gets all of his submissions for his final round, which both should happen around the same time. Let me know if I should wait longer.

edit: Thread here - https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=43933.0
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 11:41:01 AM by Buddyhunter1 »

Offline Buddyhunter1

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
Got all my participants. May I begin Round 1 now or should I wait?

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
You have a thread and some contestants, so what the fuck.

Offline mikemangioy

You have a pen and some paper, so what the fuck.

FTFY

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Still keep me on the list... but I'll go when Bolsters and TAC are finished their roulettes.  I want to participate in theirs, but don't want to host one while playing at the same time.  So, to Shadow/Tom/DoC... I'm gonna bud in front of one or more of you when the time comes.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
Still keep me on the list... but I'll go when Bolsters and TAC are finished their roulettes.  I want to participate in theirs, but don't want to host one while playing at the same time.  So, to Shadow/Tom/DoC... I'm gonna bud in front of one or more of you when the time comes.
I've been thinking for a while myself that it'd be weird if you chose to slot in around my roulette and we were both running and participating in each others' roulettes at the same time. :lol

I might have to double check with your Last.fm since it's been several months, but otherwise I've already got my ducks in a row for yours.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
I've been thinking for a while myself that it'd be weird if you chose to slot in around my roulette and we were both running and participating in each others' roulettes at the same time. :lol

I might have to double check with your Last.fm since it's been several months, but otherwise I've already got my ducks in a row for yours.

Yeah... I've done that once before - participate while hosting - and it gets difficult to try and listen/judge your own roulette while trying to listen and find songs to submit for the one you're playing in.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Looks like we may be wrapping up a few or all of the current roulette's soon.  Taking a quick peak, GoD hasn't posted or logged in for almost 2 months.  Guessing he can go on the 'maybe later' list, unless you want to PM him, Bolsters.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I should start gathering victims then?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
I should start gathering victims then?

No, I should.

:burns:

Though technically, Bolster's is ahead of you.  I think 425 and Mangioy are in their final round though... and BuddyHunter will soon be there.  So, whatever.

Let's get it on.

:bringiton:

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
Looks like we may be wrapping up a few or all of the current roulette's soon.  Taking a quick peak, GoD hasn't posted or logged in for almost 2 months.  Guessing he can go on the 'maybe later' list, unless you want to PM him, Bolsters.
Yeah, I'll give him a chance. Pretty sure you can get email notifications of PM receipt, for all we know this Gentleman has that set up. But if he hasn't responded within a day or so of the start of his turn (which will likely be the case), TAC has the greenlight.

I was going to wait a few more days for the currently running guys to get further into their final rounds before I started my own thread, but I might as well get started myself tomorrow. :o

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Yeah, no harm in starting the thread and gathering participants.  Personally, I think it makes sense when the current organizers have received all of their songs for the final round... that's when the next batch can officially start.  When all that is pending is a final result post, that's essentially the end of the roulette for the participants.

Just my $.02... which is only worth $0.015 USD these days.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
Yeah, no harm in starting the thread and gathering participants.  Personally, I think it makes sense when the current organizers have received all of their songs for the final round... that's when the next batch can officially start.  When all that is pending is a final result post, that's essentially the end of the roulette for the participants.

Just my $.02... which is only worth $0.015 USD these days.
It's worth about $.0210411 here, apparently.

Offline 425

Yeah, I'll give him a chance. Pretty sure you can get email notifications of PM receipt, for all we know this Gentleman has that set up. But if he hasn't responded within a day or so of the start of his turn (which will likely be the case), TAC has the greenlight.

I was going to wait a few more days for the currently running guys to get further into their final rounds before I started my own thread, but I might as well get started myself tomorrow. :o

Yeah, I have email notifications of PMs. It's helped me keep track of who has sent for my roulette yet.

I started my final round last night. Right now 4/10 participants have sent.
And if spirit's a sign,
Then it's only a matter of time

Offline Jarlaxle

Can I sign up for a roulette? I have a very limited selection of music, though I am open to suggestions and more variety, I just don't have the time or money to do so.

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
Re: The Song Roulette Tracker Thread 3.0 - v. Betting on red just this once
« Reply #63 on: August 05, 2015, 12:08:32 AM »
I know I just recently finished my first roulette, but can I be added to the waiting list for a V 2.0? Waiting list doesn't seem that long so I might as well sign up now while I have the chance.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #64 on: August 05, 2015, 12:32:11 AM »
Yeah, not as many people are signing up immediately after finishing their roulettes as usual I think, which is why the waiting list is looking a bit shorter.

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #65 on: August 05, 2015, 12:33:29 AM »

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #66 on: August 10, 2015, 03:35:56 PM »
Please remove me from the waiting list. Thanks.

Offline Tom Bombadil

• We Do Not Sow
« Reply #67 on: August 10, 2015, 04:18:51 PM »
Would you be able to bump me down one or two on the list? I'd prefer to start in the September/October range.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #68 on: August 10, 2015, 09:33:51 PM »
Please remove me from the waiting list. Thanks.
Alright, you're off.

Would you be able to bump me down one or two on the list? I'd prefer to start in the September/October range.
What we usually do is, if it comes to someone's turn and they aren't ready at the time, they are kept at the top of the list for a while. You then have the option of slotting in infront of anyone when you are ready. It's better than moving people down the list because they still may not be ready when their turn comes up again; doing it this way, it's your turn whenever you want it to be.

Since you're supposed to be the next person up, I've moved you to that position.

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #69 on: August 11, 2015, 05:40:04 AM »
I'd like to sign up for a roulette, seems like fun, could you place me on the waiting list?
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.