Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v. Gadzooks!  (Read 261979 times)

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Re: DTF Chat Thread v. Gadzooks!
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2015, 10:26:37 AM »
That's fucking creepy as hell
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2015, 10:36:19 AM »
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2015, 10:38:22 AM »
Who makes a doll with that face? :lol
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2015, 10:45:11 AM »
Godammit stop
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2015, 10:47:50 AM »
:rollin

If only I had an extra $70 to shell out on that doll...

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2015, 01:26:19 PM »
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2015, 06:28:25 AM »
Good morning guys!

Our first rain of the month just started, it's nice for a change.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2015, 06:42:05 AM »
Morning Reaper. What's up?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2015, 07:11:52 AM »
Hey hey!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2015, 07:19:31 AM »
Here comes trouble.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2015, 07:20:47 AM »
That line demands a theme song.  I deserve a theme song.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2015, 07:25:26 AM »
Nothing much just the typical Monday, don't really want to be at work.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2015, 07:27:39 AM »
Oh hi

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2015, 07:39:11 AM »
Morning Reap!  Morning Hef!

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2015, 08:04:23 AM »
Morning Reap!  Morning Hef!
Buenos dias

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2015, 08:08:42 AM »
How's the Monday battle going? Good here.  Busy but controllable.  Sprained something in my foot last week at the gym.  Can't tell you how but it's been throbbing of late.  No swelling though.

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2015, 08:10:39 AM »
My Monday battle is uneventful. No class today but I have a test tomorrow so I should study. I can also work on my roulette

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2015, 08:23:45 AM »
Want to get all my ducks in a row with my back u so when I go to RoSfest May 1st, eveything is all set.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2015, 08:28:41 AM »
Maintaining.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2015, 08:29:17 AM »
So guys I have a situation.

My girlfriend and I are thinking of picking up and moving to Charlotte, NC sometime in May. I'm tired at my work and the way things are going with owners I'm getting piled on with more and more responsibility with the same pay (I'm one dude managing 5 properties, one of which is a 31 room hotel). I'm miserable and I'm always on call 6 days a week from 9am-9pm.

We'd be storing our stuff in a storage unit and going to Charlotte for 4 months. My girlfriend has a travel nursing job she can have there but I would be unemployed aside from my day trading I do from home. I would still like to get some part time work to keep me busy but I'm afraid of taking a leap like that. I know if I don't leave though I'll be getting more miserable with each passing day.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2015, 08:46:03 AM »
That's tough.

All I know is that Charlotte is a pretty cool area, and there are jobs to be had there.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2015, 08:51:02 AM »
I have a degree in Computer Engineering that I never did anything with plus I have 4 years of property management as well as hotel management, I'd be happy with just a part time job making $2k a month.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2015, 09:40:24 AM »
Maintaining.

Yes sir!

So guys I have a situation.

My girlfriend and I are thinking of picking up and moving to Charlotte, NC sometime in May. I'm tired at my work and the way things are going with owners I'm getting piled on with more and more responsibility with the same pay (I'm one dude managing 5 properties, one of which is a 31 room hotel). I'm miserable and I'm always on call 6 days a week from 9am-9pm.

We'd be storing our stuff in a storage unit and going to Charlotte for 4 months. My girlfriend has a travel nursing job she can have there but I would be unemployed aside from my day trading I do from home. I would still like to get some part time work to keep me busy but I'm afraid of taking a leap like that. I know if I don't leave though I'll be getting more miserable with each passing day.

You should have no roblem getting a job in the big city.  If it makes you and your girlfriend happy, do it!

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2015, 10:07:14 AM »
Thanks King, it's kind of a dead end here and I feel like I'll always regret hanging around.

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #60 on: March 23, 2015, 10:12:23 AM »
I'm only 19 so I feel like my real world experience is lacking compared to others, but my goal in life is just to be happy. If what you are doing now doesn't make you happy, then don't stay. Plus, a change of scenery is always nice. Oh, and I've been to Charlotte a few times for ACC Championship games and I love it up there. It's nice.

But all in all, I don't think you should keep going with something if you think you can be happier elsewhere.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #61 on: March 23, 2015, 10:16:07 AM »
Thanks King, it's kind of a dead end here and I feel like I'll always regret hanging around.

Work is work but if you are not happy, change it.  i would never add responsibility with the right pay for that employee.  Happy worker is a good worker.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #62 on: March 23, 2015, 10:50:04 AM »
I've pretty much already decided to do it. I guess I'm just afraid to leave my comfort zone but I'm 28 with no kids or anything like that so if I do it, I'll do it now.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #63 on: March 23, 2015, 11:02:16 AM »
Now would be the time, yes.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #64 on: March 23, 2015, 11:27:07 AM »
I would love to travel for work but I would have a hard time relocating myself if it was far from my family.  If you have no ties where you live in FLA, do it now!

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #65 on: March 23, 2015, 12:01:09 PM »
Oh Pep Boys... How I hate them so.

The check engine light comes on in Panda's PT Cruiser. I pull the code using the ignition trick (switch on to off to on 3 times and the code pulls up on the dash. Cool.)

I get the code. P0551. Code literally says faulty power steering pressure switch.  I read up on forums and how anyone with a bit of mechanical experience (more than I have) can fix it. The part is like $35. She takes it to Pep Boys and they wanna charge almost $200 in labor alone.

I call my uncle... who is a mechanic... and he says bring him the part and he'll change it out for $25 cash.

FUCK YOU PEP BOYS.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #66 on: March 23, 2015, 12:17:01 PM »
That's sweet Jay, don't be afraid to get your hands dirty either. There are so many resources online.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #67 on: March 23, 2015, 12:38:45 PM »
I drove an 88 Olds Cutlass till it died a few months ago. I was never afraid to sit and tinker and try to diagnose / fix small problems. I won't do it with her car though. If I fuck up my car... It wasn't an issue. Hers though.... I don't feel like risking that.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #68 on: March 23, 2015, 02:19:20 PM »
Oh Pep Boys... How I hate them so.

The check engine light comes on in Panda's PT Cruiser. I pull the code using the ignition trick (switch on to off to on 3 times and the code pulls up on the dash. Cool.)

I get the code. P0551. Code literally says faulty power steering pressure switch.  I read up on forums and how anyone with a bit of mechanical experience (more than I have) can fix it. The part is like $35. She takes it to Pep Boys and they wanna charge almost $200 in labor alone.

I call my uncle... who is a mechanic... and he says bring him the part and he'll change it out for $25 cash.

FUCK YOU PEP BOYS.

That's the norm Jay.  My cousin told me that some cars have headlights that take 2 hours to install since you have to take the side panel of the car and much more off.  We need to blame these damn engineers that make it impossible to work on your own car.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #69 on: March 23, 2015, 02:20:27 PM »
According to my uncle it's only half an hour's worth of work :lol

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"