Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v. Gadzooks!  (Read 261965 times)

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
Re: DTF Chat Thread v. Gadzooks!
« Reply #175 on: March 28, 2015, 08:01:20 PM »
Going ok. Sitting in my underwear playing World of Warcraft with Panda while I watching The Wall.

I'm in my underwear because she is sitting in the airport in Phoenix waiting for a plane. She lol technology.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #176 on: March 28, 2015, 08:01:29 PM »
Hey guys.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #177 on: March 28, 2015, 08:14:46 PM »
Yo Bloby B!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #178 on: March 28, 2015, 08:28:07 PM »
Sup Jay, Blob, and King.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #179 on: March 28, 2015, 08:34:00 PM »
Was up at 6 am and now hitting the hay.  See you chaps in the A.M.  Except for Blob.  He can't tell you when he's up. :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #180 on: March 28, 2015, 09:17:32 PM »
Have a good night King, talk to you tomorrow!

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #181 on: March 28, 2015, 11:14:20 PM »
What's up guys?

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #182 on: March 29, 2015, 06:18:04 AM »
Good morning guys!

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #183 on: March 29, 2015, 06:59:46 AM »
Morning!

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #184 on: March 29, 2015, 07:21:26 AM »
Yo
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #185 on: March 29, 2015, 07:22:32 AM »
Heeeeeellllooooooo DTF!

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #186 on: March 29, 2015, 07:55:59 AM »
What does everyone have going on this Sunday?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #187 on: March 29, 2015, 08:13:59 AM »
Downloading a new Pineapple Live album.  burning to a disk as well as adding it to I-Tunes.  Then food shopping.  Nothing fancy today.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #188 on: March 29, 2015, 01:10:32 PM »
So yesterday (well technically the day before now), I woke up at 7pm, and stayed awake until about 4pm before I couldn't stay awake any more (my chest was hurting and my heart was beating fast and my head hurt and I was getting twitches, the usual stuff). Then I woke up at 10pm and had dinner, and went back to sleep at around 11pm. It wasn't a solid sleep, but I slept until 5am. Hopefully I can stay awake through the day now.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #189 on: March 29, 2015, 01:45:39 PM »
So yesterday (well technically the day before now), I woke up at 7pm, and stayed awake until about 4pm before I couldn't stay awake any more (my chest was hurting and my heart was beating fast and my head hurt and I was getting twitches, the usual stuff). Then I woke up at 10pm and had dinner, and went back to sleep at around 11pm. It wasn't a solid sleep, but I slept until 5am. Hopefully I can stay awake through the day now.

What causes all of this? 

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #190 on: March 29, 2015, 01:51:57 PM »
No idea, but I assume general laziness mixed with shitty family genetics. I have problems with high blood pressure which might cause a lot of that. I've been to the doctor plenty of times in the past, and that's the best I've got from it. I really need to do something about it right now.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #191 on: March 29, 2015, 02:04:15 PM »
No idea, but I assume general laziness mixed with shitty family genetics. I have problems with high blood pressure which might cause a lot of that. I've been to the doctor plenty of times in the past, and that's the best I've got from it. I really need to do something about it right now.

I think you should. The older you get, the less your body will be able to withstand those symptoms before it causes others.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #192 on: March 29, 2015, 02:07:02 PM »

I think you should. The older you get, the less your body will be able to withstand those symptoms before it causes others.

I know. I'm hoping I haven't caused any major problems in the future with it. When I was younger I could do anything and feel fine. Damn old age! I can only imagine what it's like for you legit oldies. :biggrin:

My sleep has been so screwed up lately that it's been hard to even go out for a walk. I've been literally sleeping through the daylight, and I don't wake up until it's late. It's a vicious cycle.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #193 on: March 29, 2015, 02:10:55 PM »
Hey bud.  I hope you're OK.  Like I've said about myself, I need to get more physical and I've been going to the gym.  It helps relieve stress as well.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #194 on: March 29, 2015, 02:12:49 PM »
We actually have a 24/7 gym within walking distance from me, but you'll never see me at a gym. :lol
Luckily we're in autumn now, so the weather should be getting better and better for walking. I enjoyed going for daily walks last year in winter.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #195 on: March 29, 2015, 02:14:01 PM »
Just got back from a walk.  We're trying to get to spring but it's still in the 40's here.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #196 on: March 29, 2015, 02:15:59 PM »
If it was in the 40's here, you'd be melting. Damn your heathen measurements!

Today is supposed to be 25C/77F, but very rainy, so we'll see.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #197 on: March 29, 2015, 02:19:25 PM »
Fine.  I googled it.  5.55 Celsius. :lol

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #198 on: March 29, 2015, 02:23:13 PM »
You didn't need to tell me, I can mostly convert in my head. The rest of the world is smart enough to deal with you cavemen. :biggrin:

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #199 on: March 29, 2015, 03:05:49 PM »
I would like to point out many of your stubborn ways but my hands would cramp typing them out.  :lol

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #200 on: March 29, 2015, 03:08:39 PM »

I know. I'm hoping I haven't caused any major problems in the future with it. When I was younger I could do anything and feel fine. Damn old age! I can only imagine what it's like for you legit oldies. :biggrin:

My sleep has been so screwed up lately that it's been hard to even go out for a walk. I've been literally sleeping through the daylight, and I don't wake up until it's late. It's a vicious cycle.

I've felt like that lately, also.  It's because I haven't eaten since moving out on my own.  I have other issues going on, too, but it's definitely not healthy when you're sleeping the day away.  I only do it because I work at night but even that has notorious healthy ramifications if done for too long. I'm looking forward to going back to days in May. 

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #201 on: March 29, 2015, 03:13:22 PM »
I would like to point out many of your stubborn ways but my hands would cramp typing them out.  :lol

Me stubborn?

Damn right!

I've felt like that lately, also.  It's because I haven't eaten since moving out on my own.  I have other issues going on, too, but it's definitely not healthy when you're sleeping the day away.  I only do it because I work at night but even that has notorious healthy ramifications if done for too long. I'm looking forward to going back to days in May. 

On the plus side, I enjoy the current hours you're around in the chat thread. :tup

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #202 on: March 29, 2015, 03:21:56 PM »
And proud of it Blob!

I worked 6 years of third shift. It was hard on my wife whe I was not there at night. We were newlyweds

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #203 on: March 29, 2015, 03:24:00 PM »
Sounds especially tough given the timing. Lucky you got through it, because nobody else would take you. :neverusethis:

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #204 on: March 29, 2015, 03:29:49 PM »

On the plus side, I enjoy the current hours you're around in the chat thread. :tup

Same here!   Though I do remember the first time you and I had a lengthy conversation was because my daughter was awake all night and I stayed on DTF basically just to pass the time. 

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #205 on: March 29, 2015, 03:53:39 PM »
DTF - passing time since 2007.

Wrestlemania today, and if the rain holds off maybe I'll go for a walk. Who knows, maybe I'll even get some work done. :lol

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #206 on: March 29, 2015, 03:57:55 PM »
DTF - passing time since 2007.

Wrestlemania today, and if the rain holds off maybe I'll go for a walk. Who knows, maybe I'll even get some work done. :lol

Alright, who is taking bets here? 

10:1 Blob gets work done.
100:1  He goes for a walk. 

Anyone else in?   ;)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #207 on: March 29, 2015, 03:59:57 PM »
Sounds especially tough given the timing. Lucky you got through it, because nobody else would take you. :neverusethis:

A gagillion to one nothing gets done.

I've got something special since we've been together almost 24 years. :zydar:

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #208 on: March 29, 2015, 04:00:07 PM »
:lol I think the chances are higher that I'll go for a walk than getting work done, so maybe swap those.

Plus you'll get no proof I've done either, even if I did.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #209 on: March 29, 2015, 04:04:56 PM »
I'll bet a gold pressed latnium.