Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v. Gadzooks!  (Read 261734 times)

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
Re: DTF Chat Thread v. Gadzooks!
« Reply #140 on: March 27, 2015, 11:26:49 AM »
Same. Kinda.

Spent the first 2 hours of the shift dealing with shit. We had a lot go on last night and the night team actually handled it all very well. Even so, I still had to take a report for something that may or may not have been related to the chaos from last night, and then clean up their reports... and then relay all the info out to the higher ups. I am just now getting started on my normal in office daily busy work.

Well... I started my busy work and then got distracted by DTF...
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #141 on: March 27, 2015, 11:51:41 AM »
I am officially on autopilot for just over 3 more hours.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #142 on: March 27, 2015, 11:59:16 AM »
Oh I forgot that it's Friday for you normal folk
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #143 on: March 27, 2015, 12:02:47 PM »
Just had a shower, shave, and some dinner. It is officially weekend!
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #144 on: March 27, 2015, 12:04:20 PM »
:getoffmylawn:

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #145 on: March 27, 2015, 12:31:43 PM »
Tonight is Wednesday for me.  Hump Day on a Friday seems more fitting. 

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #146 on: March 27, 2015, 12:58:12 PM »
I was off yesterday. Next day off is Monday.

Next month my week gets all fucked up. I used to be able to pick any days off to compensate for the fact that I HAVE to be here Fri-Sun. Well... do to staffing issues (more like the night crew can't get their shit together and do their job) my supervisor is picking up another night shift on Mondays. Meaning I HAVE to be here Fri - Mon. And then I am being told I HAVE to be off on Thursdays.  So I get to pick between Tues / Thurs or  Wed - Thurs off.

I'd like to go back to having Fridays off like I did last year but that will never happen. If I complain I just get told I'm lucking that I am not getting put on nights. Which I am lucky for. My supervisor is taking that hit for me. Still... throw me a bone.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #147 on: March 27, 2015, 02:25:53 PM »
I am home and the wife and I are going for some food and beer.  Weekend has arrived!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #148 on: March 27, 2015, 02:34:33 PM »
 :metal
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #149 on: March 27, 2015, 09:10:23 PM »
Evening guys, day off turned out to be a busy day indeed. How is everyone doing?

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #150 on: March 27, 2015, 10:28:41 PM »
What's up guys?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #151 on: March 28, 2015, 04:34:06 AM »
Morning
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #152 on: March 28, 2015, 04:38:33 AM »
Morning, king

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #153 on: March 28, 2015, 04:42:13 AM »
Howdy Hef.  The wife is still asleep.  I should make coffee but I might drink it all on her if I did.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #154 on: March 28, 2015, 04:44:53 AM »
Howdy Hef.  The wife is still asleep.  I should make coffee but I might drink it all on her if I did.
I understand.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #155 on: March 28, 2015, 04:46:48 AM »
Morning

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #156 on: March 28, 2015, 04:51:13 AM »
Morning John.  So every year our families favorite ice cream shop opens and we go down together with the old man for some ice cream.  Today is the day.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #157 on: March 28, 2015, 04:54:49 AM »
That does sound nice.    :D

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #158 on: March 28, 2015, 04:57:03 AM »
We've gone here for over 25 years and my dad gets the same damn ice cream every time!  Chocolate marshmallow.  There's 50 flavors ever changing. I don't get it! :lol

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #159 on: March 28, 2015, 04:58:57 AM »
That does sound like it would be pretty good.  Chocolate marshmallow. 

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #160 on: March 28, 2015, 05:00:41 AM »
Sure it is, just not 25 years running. :lol

I love it now that my nephew goes.  so cute to see young children eating ice cream.  It's all over the place, full of enjoyment.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #161 on: March 28, 2015, 05:05:14 AM »
That is what it's all about. 

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #162 on: March 28, 2015, 05:10:25 AM »
That's awesome.

There is an ice cream place here that is seasonal as well.  They will be opening up next weekend, and my youngest daughter is already talking about.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #163 on: March 28, 2015, 05:20:53 AM »
I love that.  We as a family go opening day every day.  It's a great way to connect.  With my Dad's MS and his memory going, it's a moment we try to absorb with him declining.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #164 on: March 28, 2015, 05:40:00 AM »
That's great that you have something like that.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #165 on: March 28, 2015, 05:50:51 AM »
We try to be involved with him.  I feel guilty sometimes because we live 45 minutes away compared to my brother which is 7.  We do that to ourselves.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #166 on: March 28, 2015, 06:12:07 AM »
It is what it is.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #167 on: March 28, 2015, 07:18:19 AM »
Morning guys.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #168 on: March 28, 2015, 08:09:54 AM »
Hey Jay!

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #169 on: March 28, 2015, 09:43:37 AM »
how goes?

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #170 on: March 28, 2015, 09:44:43 AM »
I promised myself I would stop drinking my pains away but I lied to myself again.  I'm drinking some Post Road Pumpkin Ale...mighty tasty. 

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #171 on: March 28, 2015, 12:45:37 PM »
Just limit yourself John.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #172 on: March 28, 2015, 01:20:46 PM »
So I have my first sinus infection. It fucking sucks. I went to the doctors and got some antibiotics and steroids.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #173 on: March 28, 2015, 01:29:29 PM »
So I have my first sinus infection. It fucking sucks. I went to the doctors and got some antibiotics and steroids.

It does.  My wife gets them so much.  She might have to get surgery for a deviated septum.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #174 on: March 28, 2015, 07:53:25 PM »
I honestly didn't think it would be that miserable but it is, the pain is nuts. Sorry to hear that about your wife, hopefully she does find something that will help her.

How is it going folks?