Author Topic: History Channels "VIKINGS" - "SPOILERS"  (Read 18238 times)

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
Re: History Channels "VIKINGS" - "SPOILERS"
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2015, 10:07:36 AM »
Awesome finale to an awesome season. Although it did what Agents of Shield did last week and made me feel insulted by exposition. Twice we got the audio of the Seers past prophecies, something I would have preferred was left out. It would have been fine with the visuals alone, especially the second one.

Edit: Oh, and the shot of Bjorn raising his arms to send the raiders in was among the coolest things Vikings has ever done.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 10:16:55 AM by BlackInk »

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2015, 10:27:38 AM »
Posting this without trying to read anything.....

My freakin' DVR crapped out and didn't record any of my shows so, I guess I'll have to try and find the Finale online somewhere..... >:(
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2015, 11:40:15 AM »
Well that was interesting. I'm surprised none of them just straight up slaughtered the king and princess. I mean once that's done, what are the people of Paris going to do?

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2015, 11:47:06 AM »
Well that was interesting. I'm surprised none of them just straight up slaughtered the king and princess. I mean once that's done, what are the people of Paris going to do?

Well at first I'm pretty sure they would kill them right there and then in the church.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2015, 11:20:45 PM »
Just watched the finale. Pretty solid. I didn't buy for a second that Ragnar was dead and I thought it was pretty obvious it was a 'Trojan horse' type thing. Merely based on the fact that the whole death and circumstances was way too quick and underwhelming for that character.

The Bjorn arm raise scene was cool indeed.

For as cool as the show is they certainly do recycle storylines though. What now, is Rollo really going to consider opposing Ragnar again? I doubt it....but are we supposed to believe he's going to? I'd think it more likely he's just trying to get in on the inside....but alas....once he's in he will 'fall in love' and be torn on who to protect  :lol

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2015, 01:21:27 AM »
I actually thought the whole false death thing was well done, especially given my previous comments that led me to think they were going down another road. While Ragnar is the major player they were slowly working him out of the grand scheme, which worked in line with his own plan in the show.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2015, 04:22:59 AM »
Finally caught up after being constantly a week behind for a while. Rollo owned that second last episode. So awesome. The initial big Paris battle was epic. I was kinda hoping the kid would die, but not Rollo. Cheap fake out.
Final episode was good. I knew Ragnar wouldn't be dead, and would be pulling a trojan horse deal, with his message to Bjorn, and not showing his body. I thought it was well done though.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2015, 06:43:44 AM »
I was pleasantly surprised by the final episode. Well, done. :clap:

What I thought was the best part of Ragnar's fake death is that he got to hear the final confessions of Lagertha, Rollo, and Floki.  :biggrin:
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2015, 07:40:28 AM »

What I thought was the best part of Ragnar's fake death is that he got to hear the final confessions of Lagertha, Rollo, and Floki.  :biggrin:

Yeah, that was interesting. Really Flokie is the only one who dissed him IMO.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2015, 08:12:34 AM »
I think he salvaged it a bit at the end with the 'I love you with all my heart' thing.

And hey, even if the plan failed, hearing that from Lagertha would still be worth it. ;)

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2015, 07:24:53 AM »
Nice to see "Lagertha" pop up in Person of Interest - still kicking ass hundreds of years later  :tup
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2015, 07:39:35 AM »
"Lagertha" pop up

She 'pops up' many things.....

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2015, 07:41:03 AM »
"Lagertha" pop up

She 'pops up' many things.....

She's definitely a "person of interest" to me.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2015, 08:07:20 AM »
You're vewy nawty boyz.

...and I agree 100%  :tup
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2015, 11:34:04 AM »
Lagertha is all well and good but Judith is where it's at!
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #50 on: May 11, 2015, 08:37:08 PM »
Lagertha is all well and good but Judith is where it's at!

She's an absolute cutie.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2016, 05:14:43 PM »
Let the season 4 hype commence!!

Vikings: Brother Against Brother Teaser

Less than a month left, can't wait!
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2016, 05:24:34 PM »
Let the season 4 hype commence!!

Vikings: Brother Against Brother Teaser

Less than a month left, can't wait!

I love this show....it's been awesome. But I'm leery of another Rolo vs Ragnar story line. They did this already. Maybe they keep them enemies this time, but....ugh. I'm sure it'll be great...like I said I love the show and they've done a great job thus far...but, I feared the way last season ended they'd do this.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2016, 02:43:30 PM »
So season 4 has started and is off to a strong start.

While I am also disappointed that Rollo is turning against Ragnar again, I enjoyed the first episode. Rollo killing his own people was disappointing, but it worked as a scene and it was an effective moment.

Last night's episode I liked even more. Some really great stuff there, especially the tower siege over in Wessex.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #54 on: February 27, 2016, 09:35:28 AM »
This show is so good. I'm surprised it's not more commonly talked about or 'well known'. These battle scenes they do are incredible, even the 'small' ones like the tower siege or the first episode this season when Rollo wiped out Ragnar's remaining army. Very well done, authentic feeling battles.

Trying to picture the 'end game' for the show though. Despite the show being great....great action....there's only so much they can do with this story, especially if they try to stick to what actual history has said about it all.

Offline Nihil-Morari

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Check out the Zappa Discography thread!
« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2016, 01:34:46 PM »
This show is so good. I'm surprised it's not more commonly talked about or 'well known'. These battle scenes they do are incredible, even the 'small' ones like the tower siege or the first episode this season when Rollo wiped out Ragnar's remaining army. Very well done, authentic feeling battles.

Trying to picture the 'end game' for the show though. Despite the show being great....great action....there's only so much they can do with this story, especially if they try to stick to what actual history has said about it all.

I for one don't know the actual history behind this, so it's interesting to see England in this series as well. I'm wondering where they go with that. Tiny point of criticism has to do with that too. Parts of the second episode switched between Ragnar, Paris, Essex, The Tower thing, Bjorn and Floki running away, and then there's the Lagertha storyline that didn't even feature in this episode. Sometimes I think it's all too much.
The FZ Discography Thread! https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=44650.0
Nihil-Morari is generally considered the resident Zappa person.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #56 on: March 02, 2016, 02:01:22 PM »
I for one don't know the actual history behind this, so it's interesting to see England in this series as well. I'm wondering where they go with that. Tiny point of criticism has to do with that too. Parts of the second episode switched between Ragnar, Paris, Essex, The Tower thing, Bjorn and Floki running away, and then there's the Lagertha storyline that didn't even feature in this episode. Sometimes I think it's all too much.

I know what you're saying....but, one of the strong points of this show is it progresses the story rapidly. There is rarely a 'lull' in anything, no 'filler' episodes at all.

Offline Nihil-Morari

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #57 on: March 02, 2016, 02:14:23 PM »

I know what you're saying....but, one of the strong points of this show is it progresses the story rapidly. There is rarely a 'lull' in anything, no 'filler' episodes at all.
Yeah, you've got a point there. Anyway, I'm more and more leaning towards re-watching the first three series, just to get reacquainted with all the characters, and then binge watch series 4 afterwards.
The FZ Discography Thread! https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=44650.0

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #58 on: March 03, 2016, 09:10:59 AM »
I read some of that critisism too, but I don't agree with it actually. Certain people's stories being left out one week isn't unusual for the shows I watch.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #59 on: March 03, 2016, 12:03:57 PM »
and then there's the Lagertha storyline

i wish that storyline would include a swim suit shoot....or some sort of 'sweat lodge' where she had to be hardly dressed :zydar:

Offline Nihil-Morari

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #60 on: March 03, 2016, 12:29:25 PM »
and then there's the Lagertha storyline

i wish that storyline would include a swim suit shoot....or some sort of 'sweat lodge' where she had to be hardly dressed :zydar:

Or a threesome with a monk... oh wait :angel:

Yeah both her and Judith are very good looking. But Lagertha wins the Vikings-hotness-award.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #61 on: March 18, 2016, 07:57:36 AM »
Lagertha  :metal   Man she is something, I'm sure she had that all planned out. Just Brutal. Curious as to if she knew he tried to have Bjorn killed or if she was really just gonna kill him the whole time?

Given the history of Ragnar always being one step ahead of everyone and seemingly knowing well...everything...I'm wondering if he's on to the new Kings plot to try and overthrow him? He has to be? But, Ragnar looks to be hooked on the Chinese drug, doesn't he? Him admitting the passion was gone is never a good sign for anyone when the drive isn't there....even worse if your life literally depends on it.

Oh and......the show has been re-upped for a 5th Season  :metal

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #62 on: March 20, 2016, 03:30:17 AM »
Well, the other king basically announced to Ragnar's whole court that he wanted to be king of all Norway, so yeah he probably knows. But the also seems to have some genuine respect for Ragnar and all the things he has achieved. I'm excited to see where this goes.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #63 on: March 27, 2016, 06:41:10 AM »
Damn that was a pretty epic ending to the last episode. Seeing Ragnar's and Bjorn's reaction was great. We have some interesting episodes ahead!  :metal

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #64 on: March 27, 2016, 08:13:27 AM »
Yeah, Bjorn was ticked....Ragnar was mad but I think he expected it. In seasons past when there was either a plot out against Ragnar or something going on where he appeared not to know....he always 'knew' and was just playing possum. I'm curious as to if it's different this time being that he's hooked on drugs? The other King is out to get him, Floki is clearly ticked at him and Ragnar "seems" to have lost control a bit. Not being able to read the sun dial and the previews suggest he can't lead any longer? Wonder if it's all a ploy or if he indeed has lost it a tad...

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #65 on: April 08, 2016, 07:49:00 PM »
I'm wondering how much longer the show has and that has nothing to do with quality but Ragnar's store arc is taking a dramatic downturn. Without knowing his history (although I accidentally found out where he died recently) I can't see his spiral really dragging out much longer. Think they'll wrap up after next season or are we not that far into the Ragnar storyline? Anyone that knows history can just give a yes or no as I do not want details. I'm thinking the Wessex obsession the show has will payoff at some point especially since they decided not to shelve that story this season.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #66 on: April 09, 2016, 08:47:47 AM »
I'm wondering how much longer the show has and that has nothing to do with quality but Ragnar's store arc is taking a dramatic downturn. Without knowing his history (although I accidentally found out where he died recently) I can't see his spiral really dragging out much longer. Think they'll wrap up after next season or are we not that far into the Ragnar storyline? Anyone that knows history can just give a yes or no as I do not want details. I'm thinking the Wessex obsession the show has will payoff at some point especially since they decided not to shelve that story this season.

I won't spoil the history....but it's not as 'glamorous' as the show has detailed it to be. Ragnar was a thug Viking who died in a way that you'd think a dude running around trying to take others people's stuff would.

I've not seen the last two episodes yet....gonna watch them both tonight but I do agree that Ragnar's arc this season has been a tad 'boring' and predictable.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #67 on: April 09, 2016, 09:20:56 AM »
I'm thinking the Wessex obsession the show has will payoff at some point especially since they decided not to shelve that story this season.

I really like the Wessex stuff, so I hope they don't scrap that.

Online kaos2900

« Reply #68 on: April 11, 2016, 06:42:15 AM »
Just watched the first episode. Seems interesting but I'm not sold yet.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #69 on: April 11, 2016, 08:10:28 AM »
Just watched the first episode. Seems interesting but I'm not sold yet.

First episode of Season 1? If so, I would highly recommend sticking with it. It's a very good show.