Author Topic: It's amazing to be back and ...  (Read 1325 times)

Offline Satrucci

• Progrexican Member
It's amazing to be back and ...
« on: March 15, 2015, 03:21:54 PM »
Well... It's been a while since I last posted anything con the board. I'm married now and hace one 3-year-old boy who has been growing listening to Dream Theater con my car whenever we go out. I'm still an avid DT fan. I liked ADTOE & DT12, but not as much as SFAM or I&W. And I'm still impressed (I know I shouldn't be surprised), about the thrashing of the la test 2 albums involving MM. I think he was the best choice for DT. I also think there's something missing in the music the guys are creating. Any thoughts?
Why most of us, computer freaks, like progressive music?

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
Re: It's amazing to be back and ...
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2015, 03:25:48 PM »
With the last CD, JP said they were specifically attempting to write shorter concise songs instead of making every song a marathon.  Personally, I think they just need to write what they feel.  Write what makes them happy. They're virtuosos, every one of them.  Show it.  Experiment and don't be afraid to push the envelope like that did with Images and Words and Metropolis 2.

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2015, 04:52:47 PM »
Nothing missing to me. I like their newer stuff just as much as their older stuff if not more! I feel they just keep getting better and better and keep moving forward writing incredible music.. DT12 is my fav album, and looking forward to hearing their next...  :metal.    Btw, welcome back to the board!
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline Onno

• Well, it's just entertainment, folks!
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2015, 05:36:58 AM »
Personally, I think they just need to write what they feel.  Write what makes them happy. They're virtuosos, every one of them.  Show it.  Experiment and don't be afraid to push the envelope like that did with Images and Words and Metropolis 2.
You're spot on here. I fully agree with you.