Author Topic: Youtube supports 360 degree videos. Move your phone around while you watch.  (Read 863 times)

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IaYJZ2Usdk

Of course, needs to be a smartphone with an accelerometer/gyroscope.

Edit: Only enabled on Android at this time.
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
Also works in Chrome like standard old VR since the mid 90s, luckily. It's a lot more fun with animation though. I'd love to make a vid like this myself, but the rendering for 360 degrees would be crazy.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
Oh that was cool! Do they mean Chrome as in the webbrowser? Because it pretty much sucks on desktop, the look button is blocked by the black bar that pops ups everytime you move the mouse. Works great on my S4 though.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
Oh that was cool! Do they mean Chrome as in the webbrowser? Because it pretty much sucks on desktop, the look button is blocked by the black bar that pops ups everytime you move the mouse. Works great on my S4 though.

Yes, Chrome the desktop browser. Worked fine for me by just clicking and dragging on the picture, just like any other panoramic viewer.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member

Yes, Chrome the desktop browser. Worked fine for me by just clicking and dragging on the picture, just like any other panoramic viewer.
Oh i'm stupid.  :facepalm:
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls