Author Topic: Vocaloid?  (Read 949 times)

Offline Systematic-

Vocaloid?
« on: March 01, 2015, 04:07:58 PM »
Don't kill me please... please *hides in closet* I just want to see if anyone here likes Vocaloid... I'm also a noob here too, so forgive me if I did anything wrong, master.    :hefdaddy

P.S.: If you think all Vocaloid is bad, it isn't really. Like, it's your opinion whether Miku sounds good or not, but there are over 50 vocaloids... Miku just ended up being popular, even though plenty of vocaloids are just as good-if not better at singing than her.

Don't kill me  :-[ Any forums I go on I end up getting mauled to death on XD.

Moderators: Do whatever you have to do with this post. I've had a lot of bad experiences on forums,and I really just want to not get in trouble and again, not get mauled to death.  :-X

:rollin Rin and Len v4 is coming out in the fall of 2015 for any vocaloid fans who see this  XD
Welcome
I like vocaloid, anime, writing, politics, history, math, science, art, music, rock, electronic, animals, plants, reading, drawing, and more shit.

Don't maul me -cries-

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
Re: Vocaloid?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2015, 04:21:51 PM »
OK this is amazing. I've been hearing a lot about Vocaloid recently, but I honestly don't understand what it is. Perhaps you can help me out. Is it a music genre? A band? I know it's Japanese, but beyond that I'm completely lost.

Offline Systematic-

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2015, 04:41:04 PM »
Vocaloid is a voice synthesizer. Plenty exist, but Vocaloid is very professional and very popular among many people, music producers or not.

Vocaloid is not only Japanese, and English, Spanish, Chinese, Korean, and even a vocaloid which can sing in multiple languages are on sale.

Here's a video better explaining it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hszBO8Su7k

My personal favorite vocaloid is probably Ia or Yukari, Don't get let down because of Miku's voice if you don't like it, Vocaloid is a really cool concept to get into!
Welcome
I like vocaloid, anime, writing, politics, history, math, science, art, music, rock, electronic, animals, plants, reading, drawing, and more shit.

Don't maul me -cries-

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 09:34:57 PM »
Ah, cool, thanks for that video. That actually clears a lot of things up. I think the reason most people tend to get confused about it because people refer to "vocaloid" like it's a genre, but really it's just an instrument, and it seems like the quality of it would just depend on how the people writing the songs use it.

Anyway I'm not very well versed in this stuff yet, but Rolling Girl is a great song.

Offline Genowyn

• That name's pretty cool, and honestly, I'd like to change mine to it.
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But Hachikuji, I've told you over and over...
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2015, 10:27:41 PM »
Not familiar with a lot of Vocaloid music... I know Supercell used to use a vocaloid (Like for Black Rock Shooter which is a great song) but other than that I just know covers.

...my name is Araragi.

Offline carl320

• The Knight of Cups
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2016, 02:46:57 PM »
Bumping from oblivion after doing a search.

Listening to Lamento by Okame-P.  I like a few vocaloid albums.  One cool thing about them is that it's not really a genre.  One can produce poppy Miku albums, or release a death metal Luka album.  If I'm not mistaken you can get the program and program your own melodies and words.  I'm not sure if there are any for English, though I have heard an English Miku song when she was on the Letterman show.
In high school my buddies and I built a Van Der Graaf generator.  You know, to get girls.