Author Topic: Led Zeppelin Appreciation Thread  (Read 40932 times)

Offline Anxiety35

Re: Led Zeppelin Appreciation Thread
« Reply #315 on: September 27, 2017, 01:05:47 PM »
Zep is what got me playing drums. My dad had all their albums on vinyl and they were constantly being played in the house when I was a kid. My dad was a drummer and my mom got him a new kit when I was 6. That's when I started playing. "When the Levee Breaks" was the first real rock song I could play on the drums. Not crazy technical, I know, but I still love that beat.

To say Bonham was an influence on me is an understatement.

Online Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
« Reply #316 on: September 27, 2017, 01:44:37 PM »
When The Levee Breaks has that unearthly huge drum sound.  :metal And Bonham played not bad either.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Just a decent, normal metal-head fellow
« Reply #317 on: September 27, 2017, 07:57:38 PM »
Just want to say that Wearing n Tearing, from Coda, is a TAC Top 10 Zeppelin tune.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums................or WTF.  ;D

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF's resident deceased dictator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • The changing of the worrd is inevitabre!!!
« Reply #318 on: September 27, 2017, 08:48:50 PM »
Just want to say that Wearing n Tearing, from Coda, is a TAC Top 10 Zeppelin tune.

Killer track for sure, but I could probably name 20 I'd place ahead of it.
Can you imagine some alien race comes to a large nebula they've never seen before, and it just turns out it's the Federation's dumping ground for space-smile?
And TAC can suck it  :biggrin:, this is heavy in all the right places.  :tup

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #319 on: September 29, 2017, 02:39:00 PM »
When The Levee Breaks has that unearthly huge drum sound.  :metal And Bonham played not bad either.

I have a rep at work for foot drumming to songs at my desk (we listen to Pandora on shuffle all day in the background), and When the Levee Breaks is one of the two LZ songs that I cannot not foot drum to (The Ocean being the other).  :metal

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #320 on: September 30, 2017, 02:00:29 PM »
I just listened to 2 of Robert Plant's new songs from his new solo album. Very soul filled music that reminds me Zeps early
albums.

I was really a HUGE Zep fan back in the day and loved all of the albums but IV has something about it...a quality that spoke to
millions of listeners over generations, that is maybe only rivaled by Dark Side Of The Moon in terms of being able to transport
you to a different place. It's the kind of album that needs to be in the time capsule that floats around in space so 1000 years
from now the aliens will be able to hear it.

Haven't heard a note yet, but plan on getting this. I've loved ever album he's done since 1993's Fate Of Nations and about half the songs on the albums before that.

I'm hoping the gig we want to catch in February doesn't run smack in the middle of our Marillion show.

Online sfam2112

• oops...
« Reply #321 on: September 30, 2017, 06:12:39 PM »

10 Years Gone is one of my favorite Zepp tracks...

:tup Same here. I've been getting back into Zeppelin over the past year. Physical Graffiti and Houses are my two favorite albums. I think PG may have the edge over Houses, though. The Rover, Wanton, Houses (oddly enough), Trampled, Kashmir, and Ten Years Gone, especially. Also one of my favorites to play, as well.
My music:
https://www.reverbnation.com/tommybritt

"I love to rock. I love to rock hard. I love hard rockin'! I LIKE TO ROCK!! I LOVE TO ROCK!!!!" - Colin Mochrie

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #322 on: September 30, 2017, 07:37:15 PM »

10 Years Gone is one of my favorite Zepp tracks...

:tup Same here. I've been getting back into Zeppelin over the past year. Physical Graffiti and Houses are my two favorite albums. I think PG may have the edge over Houses, though. The Rover, Wanton, Houses (oddly enough), Trampled, Kashmir, and Ten Years Gone, especially. Also one of my favorites to play, as well.

Me too. 10 years gone is my favorite track on physical graffiti
He died as he lived. With a smile on his face.

Offline SoundscapeMN

• allmediareviews
« Reply #323 on: September 30, 2017, 11:40:09 PM »
the guitar solo in 10 Years is timeless.

a recent Zeppelin  "Retrospective" done by some YouTubers, some may find entertaining.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QHNDwtvNzQ