Author Topic: The UFO Thread  (Read 4426 times)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Just a decent, normal metal-head fellow
Re: The UFO Thread
« Reply #210 on: July 25, 2017, 11:03:31 AM »
TAC, check that out.  It's really good.   Mellow, but good.    If I recall, Temple Of The Dog did a Mad Season song when I saw them in MSG.

I just did. It's ok. Would much rather hear Phil Mogg on it.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums................or WTF.  ;D

Offline njfirefighter

• Roadstomadness.com
    • Roadstomadness.com
« Reply #211 on: September 27, 2017, 03:03:26 PM »
Saw UFO and Saxon last night in Philly at the TLA, Awesome show. Saxon was great Biff hasn't lost any of his vocal power after all these years, it was the first time I ever saw Saxon and they delivered. pretty enthusiastic crowd for their set, which was great to see. Most of the crowd definitely did not want to miss these guys and it was apparent.

Both front men displayed some great stage banter and English humor, especially Phil Mogg from UFO. Blistering set of hits from UFO and they killed it. Sounded great. Awesome show, crowd was into the UFO set from the opening note and they got more and more into it with each song. Was really great to see and the band looked very receptive to the crowd reaction and seemed to really be having a great time.

If you get the chance, I don't know how many shows are left on this North American run, but do yourself a favor and go see this one!  :metal   

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #212 on: October 01, 2017, 08:27:49 AM »
Went to the show in Worcester, but left before UFO..long story...babysitter, long ride home, etc..

As much as I love UFO and Phil Mogg, I lived.  I really wanted to Saxon. Last time I saw them was 1988. I'll post pics in the Hard Rock thread today.

Anyone check out their cover album, The Salentino Cuts? I must say I was not excited for this. Why on earth would UFO do this, I have no idea. Do we really need cover versions of Break On Through? It's My Life?

The only tracks I really enjoyed were Paper In Fire and Too Rolling Stoned.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #213 on: October 01, 2017, 10:30:06 AM »
Went to the show in Worcester, but left before UFO..long story...babysitter, long ride home, etc..

As much as I love UFO and Phil Mogg, I lived.  I really wanted to Saxon. Last time I saw them was 1988. I'll post pics in the Hard Rock thread today.

Anyone check out their cover album, The Salentino Cuts? I must say I was not excited for this. Why on earth would UFO do this, I have no idea. Do we really need cover versions of Break On Through? It's My Life?

The only tracks I really enjoyed were Paper In Fire and Too Rolling Stoned.

I played some of it on Spotify yesterday. If not for Vinnie Moore I wouldn't have bothered. It was how you would expect and with a fairly bland batch of old standards it's not very exciting. Enjoyed Vinnie tjough.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #214 on: October 01, 2017, 10:31:23 AM »
Even after all this time, this still seems like an odd band for Vinnie to be in.