Author Topic: The Iron Maiden Thread v. The Merge of Souls  (Read 567046 times)

TAC, DTA and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
Re: The Iron Maiden Thread v. The Merge of Souls
« Reply #3605 on: November 14, 2018, 03:51:07 PM »
At this point I think I'm going to aim for snagging a seat secondhand for Brooklyn the day of when prices come down.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #3606 on: November 15, 2018, 09:22:50 AM »
At this point I think I'm going to aim for snagging a seat secondhand for Brooklyn the day of when prices come down.

That's exactly what my plan is. 

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #3607 on: November 15, 2018, 11:34:28 AM »
Well, I got my ticket for the LA show.  Sec 219, Row B, Seat 3.  Costs me $70.00 after fees.

That stated, in true Anguyen fashion, I found a seat in a section that was more centered in the view of the stage, after I bought the first ticket, that was the same price, so I bought that one as well.  Sec 222, Row D, Seat 13.  I'm going to have to call Ticketmaster to see if I can get any kind of refund for the first ticket.  Fingers cross to see if I get it (probably not, no worries).  If not, I guess I have to find some way to to give it to someone (not looking to get the full amount back. At least I want face value back which was $49.50).

I'm not beat about the experience though, since it was my fault for not thoroughly checking, because I get to see friken Iron Maiden, baby!!!!!

Offline As I Am

• Banned
« Reply #3608 on: November 15, 2018, 11:42:50 AM »

I'm holding out hope for a PNC Bank Arts Center show to be added for 7/30. If not, then I'll be looking for a Brooklyn ticket closer to the show.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3609 on: November 15, 2018, 11:54:19 AM »

I'm holding out hope for a PNC Bank Arts Center show to be added for 7/30. If not, then I'll be looking for a Brooklyn ticket closer to the show.

I would love that so much, but don't hold your breathe (and I'm guessing you mean the 25th, 27th, 28th, or 29th since the 30th is Philly).  I'm not sure why they wouldn't of announced that already, but I was wondering if they were going to announce a second Barclays show if the first sold out since there is so much offtime around that Barclays show.  Plus historically they do two shows in the tristate area, somewhere between NYC/Long Island/NJ.  Last tour we got 3 shows in the area.  So only doing one seems a bit odd, but the pricing was high so was wondering if that was part of the reason.

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3610 on: November 15, 2018, 01:12:42 PM »
I got my ticket for $150 4th row side of the stage.  Pretty pricey, but not  sure they will do much more touring after this so might as well see them while they are.  I've seen the last three tours and every show has been off the charts awesome.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #3611 on: November 15, 2018, 01:44:32 PM »
Well, just finished talking to a representative of the Ticketmaster call line.  He stated that they will go ahead and void my first order, retain the second order (the Sec 222 seat), and refund the money from the first order back to my card.  Will take 3-5 business days for it to show up on my bank account (which is standard).  It was a good professional call.  Good service there and helped me out there. I guess it all worked out well for me.  I can use that money to try to get tickets to the Chris Cornell tribute show in January.

The one thing I wanted them to not do for the Southern California show was play the Glen Helen Amphitheater in San Bernardino, so I'm pretty pumped for this show now.  That being said.  YES!!!!!!!  I'm going to see Fozzy and FRIKEN IRON MAIDEN!!!!!

« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 01:52:52 PM by Anguyen92 »

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #3612 on: November 15, 2018, 01:45:51 PM »
Well, just finished talking to a representative of the Ticketmaster call line.  He stated that they will go ahead and void my first order, retain the second order (the Sec 222 seat), and refund the money back to my card.  Will take 3-5 business days for it to show up on my card account (which is standard).  I guess it all worked out well for me.  I can use that money to try to get tickets to the Chris Cornell tribute show in January.

That being said.  YES!!!!!!!  I'm going to see Fozzy and FRIKEN IRON MAIDEN!!!!!

:metal :metal :metal

I am tempted to fly down for that Cornell tribute gig. Probably won't, as I already have nine shows on the calendar for 2019, but I am REALLY tempted.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #3613 on: November 15, 2018, 02:36:13 PM »
Well, just finished talking to a representative of the Ticketmaster call line.  He stated that they will go ahead and void my first order, retain the second order (the Sec 222 seat), and refund the money from the first order back to my card.  Will take 3-5 business days for it to show up on my bank account (which is standard).  It was a good professional call.  Good service there and helped me out there. I guess it all worked out well for me.  I can use that money to try to get tickets to the Chris Cornell tribute show in January.

The one thing I wanted them to not do for the Southern California show was play the Glen Helen Amphitheater in San Bernardino, so I'm pretty pumped for this show now.  That being said.  YES!!!!!!!  I'm going to see Fozzy and FRIKEN IRON MAIDEN!!!!!
It's pretty cool that TM canceled your order. I wouldn't have expected that.

Is the objection to Glenn Helen parking? Too far out in the Styx? The show I saw there was an odd duck, but aside from parking I thought it was a decent enough venue (if not more than a little lawless, which suits me fine).
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #3614 on: November 15, 2018, 03:01:31 PM »
It's too far from where I'm driving.  It's a 75 minute drive to San Bernardino compared to a 45 minute drive to the USC area.  Plus, it's in September, I presume it is going to be very warm and I wouldn't want to be standing in that weather for hours.  Despite this being a new location, I think Banc of California Stadium looks to be suitable for Maiden.  22,000 people capacity.  It's a soccer (football) venue.  Larger than the Forum and way larger than the FivePoint Amphitheater in Irvine (which would have been even a better place for Maiden to do a show for me, but it's too small for them) and not larger than a NFL-sized or baseball stadium (which would have been even more terrible for viewing purposes). 

I think pg1067 mentioned it, but I guess the only potential downside when it comes to travel and parking is that since it is a Saturday, we just hope that USC will not be playing a game at the same day right next door to the Maiden show.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #3615 on: November 15, 2018, 04:29:36 PM »
It's too far from where I'm driving.  It's a 75 minute drive to San Bernardino compared to a 45 minute drive to the USC area.  Plus, it's in September, I presume it is going to be very warm and I wouldn't want to be standing in that weather for hours.  Despite this being a new location, I think Banc of California Stadium looks to be suitable for Maiden.  22,000 people capacity.  It's a soccer (football) venue.  Larger than the Forum and way larger than the FivePoint Amphitheater in Irvine (which would have been even a better place for Maiden to do a show for me, but it's too small for them) and not larger than a NFL-sized or baseball stadium (which would have been even more terrible for viewing purposes). 

I think pg1067 mentioned it, but I guess the only potential downside when it comes to travel and parking is that since it is a Saturday, we just hope that USC will not be playing a game at the same day right next door to the Maiden show.

Parking at Glen Helen sucks.  The location sucks.  I mean, once you're there, it's not much different than any outdoor venue.  I think the last time I was there was when DT opened for Maiden in I guess it would have been 2010.  The show itself was good, but everything else sucked, and it would take a lot to get me out there.

I would like to know how much area will be devoted to the "pit."  In other words, if one had front row in the floor seat area, how far back would that really be.  Buying a ticket for an event a full ten months from now seems really odd.

And yeah, if USC has a game the same day, the area will be a mess, but I think I'm likely to take the Expo Line (Metro) either way.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #3616 on: November 15, 2018, 04:34:23 PM »

Parking at Glen Helen sucks.  The location sucks.  I mean, once you're there, it's not much different than any outdoor venue.  I think the last time I was there was when DT opened for Maiden in I guess it would have been 2010.  The show itself was good, but everything else sucked, and it would take a lot to get me out there.

I would like to know how much area will be devoted to the "pit."  In other words, if one had front row in the floor seat area, how far back would that really be.  Buying a ticket for an event a full ten months from now seems really odd.

And yeah, if USC has a game the same day, the area will be a mess, but I think I'm likely to take the Expo Line (Metro) either way.
My trip to Glenn Helen was an adventure, and the parking just added to that.

In Dallas the first proper row is J, and there are normally an AA and BB at the front, so you're 12 rows back.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline pg1067

« Reply #3617 on: November 15, 2018, 04:41:16 PM »
In Dallas the first proper row is J, and there are normally an AA and BB at the front, so you're 12 rows back.

Not that the maps on TM/LN are to scale, but the "pit" area in the LA arena looks like it's about the same size as the non-"pit" "floor" area.  If that's right, then row 1 of the area with actual seats will be a lot further back than 12 rows.  The pit area in the map for the Dallas venue looks a lot smaller.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline As I Am

• Banned
« Reply #3618 on: November 15, 2018, 05:30:18 PM »

I'm holding out hope for a PNC Bank Arts Center show to be added for 7/28. If not, then I'll be looking for a Brooklyn ticket closer to the show.

I would love that so much, but don't hold your breathe.  I'm not sure why they wouldn't of announced that already,

I know peeps at LN who have info on PNC and I was told many times before that PNC shows are "held back" for sale, when other shows in the area are just on sale recently. So far, only one show has been announced for PNC, so like I said, fingers crossed. If not, I'll have to hit Barclays (which I hate).

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3619 on: November 15, 2018, 07:04:24 PM »

I'm holding out hope for a PNC Bank Arts Center show to be added for 7/28. If not, then I'll be looking for a Brooklyn ticket closer to the show.

I would love that so much, but don't hold your breathe.  I'm not sure why they wouldn't of announced that already,

I know peeps at LN who have info on PNC and I was told many times before that PNC shows are "held back" for sale, when other shows in the area are just on sale recently. So far, only one show has been announced for PNC, so like I said, fingers crossed. If not, I'll have to hit Barclays (which I hate).

Interesting.  PNC is in my backyard (almost literally) so that's my prefered venue by far.  This would be super awesome, so now you are getting my hopes up a bit.  I hope it happens.  I got my ticket to Barclays and would have gone regardless so that doesn't change anything, but I'd be a bit annoyed if I could only afford one ticket and bought it for Brooklyn instead of my own turf

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #3620 on: November 23, 2018, 06:45:06 AM »
Does anybody know if the new digipack remasters have a booklet?

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3621 on: December 20, 2018, 05:46:25 PM »
I got a christmas card, I didn't believe those were hand signed though.  I hung mine on my fridge with the rest of my christmas cards, but I have no idea what happened to it.

You sure? Maybe I got lucky and they hand-signed some? Mine appeared to totally be, with Sharpie.

I'm definitely not sure and now I'm starting to wonder if I severly overlooked that  :lol  I might have just assumed there's no way IM signed these.  And I really hope I didn't throw mine out (although I know it was cool enough even if not signed that I wouldn't of thrown it out, but I'm not home to start searching for it).

Now you have me doubting myself.  :lol But I swear my wife looked at it and said it was hand-signed too. I will find it this weekend and solve the mystery.

Anyway, regardless, I didn't find 48.60 to be that much in order to get what I received. I want to make sure I am at the show, and I like the fluff they send in the mail. It makes it worth it to me. Other peoples' mileage is gonna vary.

Wanted to bump this because I came home today to my Christmas Card.  So here it is, it looks legit but they really write these notes for everyone?

I got my fan club welcome pack including the last magazine plus a separate pack with this and the newest mag all today.  I signed up after the tour announcement when we were talking about this here.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #3622 on: December 21, 2018, 01:04:52 AM »
Well, in true Christmas spirit, just believe that it's true!  ;D

And on the Flight 666 DVD they show Bruce signing a lot of stuff so it's not unconceivable that it's a "day at the office" for them when they show up and sign these cards.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
« Reply #3623 on: December 21, 2018, 03:28:12 AM »
What does Bruce want for christmas? "trait loett"?  ???
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3624 on: December 21, 2018, 03:34:27 AM »

I guess he's refering to the song "All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth"  ;D
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3625 on: December 21, 2018, 04:44:40 AM »
Some classy signatures there.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
« Reply #3626 on: December 21, 2018, 08:47:41 AM »

I guess he's refering to the song "All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth"  ;D

Yeah, that could be. Didn't know there was a song like that.  :biggrin:
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #3627 on: December 21, 2018, 08:52:55 AM »
I got a christmas card, I didn't believe those were hand signed though.  I hung mine on my fridge with the rest of my christmas cards, but I have no idea what happened to it.

You sure? Maybe I got lucky and they hand-signed some? Mine appeared to totally be, with Sharpie.

I'm definitely not sure and now I'm starting to wonder if I severly overlooked that  :lol  I might have just assumed there's no way IM signed these.  And I really hope I didn't throw mine out (although I know it was cool enough even if not signed that I wouldn't of thrown it out, but I'm not home to start searching for it).

Now you have me doubting myself.  :lol But I swear my wife looked at it and said it was hand-signed too. I will find it this weekend and solve the mystery.

Anyway, regardless, I didn't find 48.60 to be that much in order to get what I received. I want to make sure I am at the show, and I like the fluff they send in the mail. It makes it worth it to me. Other peoples' mileage is gonna vary.

Wanted to bump this because I came home today to my Christmas Card.  So here it is, it looks legit but they really write these notes for everyone?

I got my fan club welcome pack including the last magazine plus a separate pack with this and the newest mag all today.  I signed up after the tour announcement when we were talking about this here.

Man I hope I still get mine. I signed up after the last tour and later noticed that for fan club mailings my account was still set at my old address. Hopefully it will show up today.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3628 on: December 21, 2018, 09:01:41 AM »

Yup, that's what it says. 

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3629 on: December 25, 2018, 08:33:36 AM »
The Lovely Mrs TAC bought me tickets for Christmas for Maiden next summer. :metal
The seats are ass, but at least I'm going!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3630 on: December 25, 2018, 09:08:14 AM »
The Lovely Mrs TAC bought me tickets for Christmas for Maiden next summer. :metal
The seats are ass, but at least I'm going!

Awesome gift  :metal :metal

Online MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #3631 on: January 02, 2019, 04:53:44 PM »
Pretty damn cool! :metal

Four-fifths of the original IRON MAIDEN lineup reunited for the first time in 42 years this past weekend.

Bassist Steve Harris, who formed IRON MAIDEN on Christmas day in 1975, was photographed with the band's very first singer, Paul Mario Day, and guitarists Dave Sullivan and Terry Rance. Missing from the photo op was drummer Ron "Rebel" Matthews.

"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3632 on: January 02, 2019, 05:08:13 PM »
That's pretty cool  :metal

Offline jammindude

« Reply #3633 on: January 02, 2019, 05:21:26 PM »
 Did this lineup ever record anything at all? Even a cassette tape off of a boom box in Steve‘s basement?
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3634 on: January 03, 2019, 04:11:06 AM »
Did this lineup ever record anything at all? Even a cassette tape off of a boom box in Steve‘s basement?

There were so many early lineups within the first few years before they even got to a recording point I think.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Art

« Reply #3635 on: January 03, 2019, 04:31:00 AM »
Listening to a lot of Final Frontier this week, what a great record. I've always kind of dismissed it, maybe because i don't like Satellite 15, or maybe the artwork. But every song from Final Frontier to The Talisman is, at least, pretty good, with some real awesome tunes like Coming Home, Starblind, Isle of Avalon and, of course, The Talisman. I'm not so hot on the last two songs, but, anyway, this is a strong album!

Reunion-era Maiden is so underrated...

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3636 on: January 03, 2019, 05:43:10 AM »
Listening to a lot of Final Frontier this week, what a great record. I've always kind of dismissed it, maybe because i don't like Satellite 15, or maybe the artwork. But every song from Final Frontier to The Talisman is, at least, pretty good, with some real awesome tunes like Coming Home, Starblind, Isle of Avalon and, of course, The Talisman. I'm not so hot on the last two songs, but, anyway, this is a strong album!

Reunion-era Maiden is so underrated...

I think The Final Frontier is amazing. I put it on the level of AMOLAD. I think it's every bit as good musically, and a bit lighter shaded.

The Talisman cracked my Maiden Top 10. And Coming Home is incredible. I like S-15 for what it is. Quite different. I just wish it was its own track and not connected to the title track.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Art

« Reply #3637 on: January 03, 2019, 06:11:03 AM »

I like S-15 for what it is. Quite different. I just wish it was its own track and not connected to the title track.

Yeah, i agree they should've made it two separated tracks.

Online DTA

« Reply #3638 on: January 03, 2019, 06:29:01 AM »
TFF is excellent. I can't honestly find a bad moment and Where The Wild Wind Blows is probably my favorite of their 10+ minute songs. The consistency of their reunion output is pretty impressive.

Offline Mladen

« Reply #3639 on: January 03, 2019, 06:53:05 AM »
I love that photo with the original members. Fantastic.