Author Topic: The Iron Maiden Thread v. The Merge of Souls  (Read 557780 times)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: The Iron Maiden Thread v. The Merge of Souls
« Reply #2135 on: January 19, 2017, 06:49:54 AM »
 :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2136 on: January 19, 2017, 07:23:48 AM »
I'm reapplying for my fan club membership now.  I am looking to go to both the NJ and Brooklyn shows.   :metal :metal

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #2137 on: January 19, 2017, 07:30:39 AM »
 :metal  With Ghost opening!!   :metal
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #2138 on: January 19, 2017, 08:06:50 AM »
Fuck yeah they're not skipping us. And with Ghost supporting that just makes it even better
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2139 on: January 19, 2017, 08:22:26 AM »
:metal  With Ghost opening!!   :metal
Yeah, that's a pleasant surprise. Not my favorite music but they're still pretty damned cool and they skipped Dallas on their last tour (technically they appeared at a festival somewhere).

Doubt I'll do any traveling this time around, already done that, but seeing a local show will be nice. They've also moved up from the local shed to a proper arena. Normally I'd disapprove, but some AC will be welcomed.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #2140 on: January 19, 2017, 08:53:45 AM »
Probably leaning towards Newark over Brooklyn, but definitely want to try and catch them during this run of thows
Photobucket sucks.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2141 on: January 19, 2017, 08:58:03 AM »
Probably leaning towards Newark over Brooklyn, but definitely want to try and catch them during this run of thows

I like how they are actually like 6 weeks apart.  Brooklyn is on a Friday and NJ is on a Wednesday.  I'm thinking I do the NJ show after work and try to get up close and the Brooklyn show I get wasted and take a seat in the back.  I've never been to Barclays so that'll be fun.

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #2142 on: January 19, 2017, 09:19:53 AM »

I like how they are actually like 6 weeks apart.  Brooklyn is on a Friday and NJ is on a Wednesday.  I'm thinking I do the NJ show after work and try to get up close and the Brooklyn show I get wasted and take a seat in the back.  I've never been to Barclays so that'll be fun.

Yeah, I appreciate them being spaced out as well. Thinking definitely Newark because it's much easier for me to get to after work, and then if I really like the setlist/show I'll spring for Brooklyn as well.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2143 on: January 19, 2017, 09:30:13 AM »
Hopefully some more Canadian dates will be added

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2144 on: January 19, 2017, 09:33:43 AM »

Yeah, I appreciate them being spaced out as well. Thinking definitely Newark because it's much easier for me to get to after work, and then if I really like the setlist/show I'll spring for Brooklyn as well.

Not to spoil anything but Steve Harris said the show will not have much changes from last years show.  I'd guess maybe there is one or two song chances, older track staples replaced with older track staples IMO if there even is any setlist change at all.

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #2145 on: January 19, 2017, 09:55:44 AM »

Not to spoil anything but Steve Harris said the show will not have much changes from last years show.  I'd guess maybe there is one or two song chances, older track staples replaced with older track staples IMO if there even is any setlist change at all.

Ah, good to know. Didn't catch any of last year's shows so I'll have to check out what the setlist looked like.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #2146 on: January 19, 2017, 10:19:16 AM »
Yup, that's how you space out the gigs so you don't kill your singer. DT take note.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #2147 on: January 19, 2017, 11:21:27 AM »
I'm reapplying for my fan club membership now.  I am looking to go to both the NJ and Brooklyn shows.   :metal :metal

Ditto! Can't believe they're playing in Nebraska!

Offline Mladen

« Reply #2148 on: January 19, 2017, 11:31:39 AM »
Great package. Lucky Americans.  :tup

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2149 on: January 19, 2017, 11:50:08 AM »

For a big US tour they'd be more likely to dump one or two of the new songs. Tears of a Clown would be the likely candidate. Maybe replace that with one from the Final Frontier tour we never really got. Maybe they drop Red/Black and add two old songs. In any case it's already a pretty good setlist, so short of dropping Hallowed I don't see them mucking it up too much.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2150 on: January 19, 2017, 12:10:43 PM »

For a big US tour they'd be more likely to dump one or two of the new songs. Tears of a Clown would be the likely candidate. Maybe replace that with one from the Final Frontier tour we never really got. Maybe they drop Red/Black and add two old songs. In any case it's already a pretty good setlist, so short of dropping Hallowed I don't see them mucking it up too much.

My guess is they take out Blood Blothers and replace it with Run to the Hills.  Maybe move Wasted Years before it.  America loves the classics more than the new stuff, but I am not so sure they remove BoS songs since that's what they are touring. 

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2151 on: January 19, 2017, 12:50:36 PM »
What's the "Show" like?  Is it pared back like that shed tour from a couple years ago (the only real prop was Bruce's big flag, and no that's not a euphemism) or is it more of a spectacle?   Also, for me, coming from Hartford, CT, should I go to Mansfield (an hour) which is also a shed, or Brooklyn (an hour and a half plus, but it's an arena, I think)?

I saw Sabbath at Mansfield and it was awesome (third row center) but other than the screen in back, the staging was very vanilla.  If it's a full-blown extravaganza I might ask my daughter if she wants to go.  She loves that shit. 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2152 on: January 19, 2017, 12:53:45 PM »
Barclays in Brooklyn is an arena, built a few years ago for the Nets.  I've never been, but I've heard it's nice.

As for the show, there's lots of pyros and Eddie.  Nothing crazy, but I thought it was their best stage show of any of their previous tours. 

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #2153 on: January 19, 2017, 12:58:27 PM »

My guess is they take out Blood Blothers and replace it with Run to the Hills.  Maybe move Wasted Years before it.  America loves the classics more than the new stuff, but I am not so sure they remove BoS songs since that's what they are touring. 

Yeah, I checked out their setlist from the MSG show last year and was surprised Run to the Hills wasn't on there. To me that, Number of the Beast, and Hollowed be thy Name were the big three I figured they'd always keep in their setlists.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
« Reply #2154 on: January 19, 2017, 01:12:35 PM »
Planning to be there. Not a fan of Ghost, but can't wait to see the Book of Souls tunes live!
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2155 on: January 19, 2017, 01:17:27 PM »
What's the "Show" like?  Is it pared back like that shed tour from a couple years ago (the only real prop was Bruce's big flag, and no that's not a euphemism) or is it more of a spectacle?   Also, for me, coming from Hartford, CT, should I go to Mansfield (an hour) which is also a shed, or Brooklyn (an hour and a half plus, but it's an arena, I think)?

I saw Sabbath at Mansfield and it was awesome (third row center) but other than the screen in back, the staging was very vanilla.  If it's a full-blown extravaganza I might ask my daughter if she wants to go.  She loves that shit.
It's a real good show. The devil they've been touring with the last few years is awesome. It's a pretty big stage. A fair amount of fire. Great show opening (best they've done, in fact).

As for where to see it, I'd go wherever the better crowd is likely to be. If the floor at Barclays is sold GA, then that would be my first choice. I got to see first hand how much of a difference a good, energetic crowd makes, and GA is a big factor in that.
E.F. Benson

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2156 on: January 19, 2017, 01:19:18 PM »

Yeah, but touring the new material in America has never been important to them. They did their BoS tour, and I think this will be slightly more greatest hits, though not by much. Add to that, Tears never went over all that well anyway.
E.F. Benson

Online countoftuscany42

« Reply #2157 on: January 19, 2017, 01:22:46 PM »
Looks like I'll get to catch Maiden a third time this album cycle! First New York, then Wacken, now San Bernadino  :metal

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2158 on: January 19, 2017, 01:34:07 PM »
Yea, EB you got a totally valid point.  I really liked Tears though, I hope they keep it.  I just overall don't think there will be a big change, at most 2 songs IMO.

Also, +1 on the intro, I also thought that was their best intro.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2159 on: January 19, 2017, 02:32:59 PM »
Tears didn't work that well for me when I saw them.  It was better than I expected, but I think could be easily replaced.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #2160 on: January 19, 2017, 03:56:20 PM »
Huh, I did not know that for the Toronto venue, they changed the name from Molson Amphitheatre to Budweiser Stage.  I bet there are some Canadians that are not happy with the name change going from a beloved Canadian beer name to an American beer name.

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #2161 on: January 20, 2017, 12:17:55 AM »
Catch this show if you can. Saw them this summer. Great show, pyro, fantastic backdrops and lighting. And it's Maiden, off course!  :metal
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #2162 on: January 20, 2017, 05:22:05 AM »
Tears didn't work that well for me when I saw them.  It was better than I expected, but I think could be easily replaced.

This.  It's still one of the weakest on the album to me.  Live it just brought the energy to halt I felt. 

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2163 on: January 20, 2017, 07:52:10 AM »

It's a real good show. The devil they've been touring with the last few years is awesome. It's a pretty big stage. A fair amount of fire. Great show opening (best they've done, in fact).

As for where to see it, I'd go wherever the better crowd is likely to be. If the floor at Barclays is sold GA, then that would be my first choice. I got to see first hand how much of a difference a good, energetic crowd makes, and GA is a big factor in that.

I don't know if I want GA, though.   I'm afraid I'll lose my shit and try to jump up on stage and hug Dave Murray.  :) 

I've loved Maiden since I saw them open for Priest in '82, and to this day, Murray and Dickenson are two of my favorite musicians ever.   EVER. 

Seriously, though, good point.  Mansfield could be either way (I've seen shows that have a "pit" - Jane's Addiction - and some that don't - Sabbath); I don't know about the Barclays.  How do you know?  See what the tickets are?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2164 on: January 20, 2017, 07:55:26 AM »

I don't know if I want GA, though.   I'm afraid I'll lose my shit and try to jump up on stage and hug Dave Murray.  :) 

I've loved Maiden since I saw them open for Priest in '82, and to this day, Murray and Dickenson are two of my favorite musicians ever.   EVER. 

Seriously, though, good point.  Mansfield could be either way (I've seen shows that have a "pit" - Jane's Addiction - and some that don't - Sabbath); I don't know about the Barclays.  How do you know?  See what the tickets are?

You can check ticketmaster, but I already checked Brooklyn and it has a GA floor.  What bums me though is that it is one big floor pit, not two  with one closer and one further back like IM have done in the past. 

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2165 on: January 20, 2017, 08:27:01 AM »
I may do that.  I'll be by myself, and I don't have to be leaning on the rail, I just want to be within ten, twelve feet of Murray.   I'm hatching a plan here. 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2166 on: January 20, 2017, 08:40:30 AM »
I may do that.  I'll be by myself, and I don't have to be leaning on the rail, I just want to be within ten, twelve feet of Murray.   I'm hatching a plan here.

Having done this many times in the past, and hoping to again, just make sure you get there early.  You'll be beat by the fan club members who win first to the barrier and then anyone else who gets there before you.  Typically an hour before doors I'd be able to get about 5-10ft away from the barrier. 

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2167 on: January 20, 2017, 03:03:06 PM »
   I'm afraid I'll lose my shit and try to jump up on stage and hug Dave Murray.  :) 

Not sure if you saw my pics in the Top 5 Shows thread. I was right in front of Dave at The Ritz show.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2168 on: January 21, 2017, 08:23:23 PM »
Jannick Gers turns 60 today. Damn!

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2169 on: January 22, 2017, 03:56:06 AM »
Jannick Gers turns 60 today. Damn!

Wow.  happy B'Day to Janick.  What a legend to be performing the way he does at that age and staying so fit.  I know he cops some shit, but I find it hard to see the band without him, I really like the guy and his songwriting.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.