Author Topic: Dream I had about 30 anniversary Concert BluRay/DvD  (Read 6099 times)

Offline Darkstarshades

Dream I had about 30 anniversary Concert BluRay/DvD
« on: February 22, 2015, 07:17:51 PM »
Hello!
First of all, keep in mind that this is not, in anyway, a petition, I'm simply sharing a really awesome dream I had a few days ago about a Dream Theater concert being released on DvD/Bluray. A gig celebrating 30 years of Dream Theater. :hefdaddy
Now keep in mind that I LOVE SCORE, awesome, Score and BTFW are Dream Theater's best live releases ever for me.
So, what's special about this particular dream? I went something like this...
My brother and I had just bought Dream Theater's 30 year concert, which was, apparently, supporting their latest album (Whose name was not shown in the dream, or I don't remember), and it was being labeled as "Their biggest show yet" and widely considered by many as one of music's best live perfomances ever.
Without intermission, it lasted around 3 hours and 30 minutes, which is nearly 45 minutes longer than Score and around 25 minutes longer than Metropolis 2000
The show was split in three parts (as far as I remember)
Act 1, which lasted slighty more than an hour.
Dream Theater's past is visited, a large medley is played, which parts (with small instrumentals being played between each part) of one song from each of these albums: WDADU, Awake, Falling into Infinity, SDOIT and ToT
This lasted about 40 minutes, I think.
A somewhat condensed version of Pull Me Under was played, and after it finished, James said "I never really liked this song, but there it is"
Two more songs, one from ADTOE and another from Dream Theater are played, this finishes the act.
Act 2: Nowdays
James thanks the audience for their support, and says that it's been a while, then introduces the new album.
The new album is performed completely, EXCEPT FOR THE TITLE TRACK, which is another Dream Theater epic.
(Halfway through the album, the intermission takes place, then the rest continues)
The last song performed has a slighty extended instrumental section at the end which makes it deviate from the CD version. (I remember my brother and I were like This was not like this!)
For some reason, the dream switched the concert to another place (Weird dream) and, apparently, we were no longer watching the TV, we were there.
Act 3: Awesome
James appears on his own and tells the audience that an old Dream Theater member has arrived (Making everyone think it's Portnoy)
Suddenly, Another Day from IW is played, but Rudess is nowhere to be seen, instead It's Derek.
Once that finishes, Rudess pops out of nowhere with a Keytar and a section of The Dance of Eternity is played, along with a small duel between both.
John Petrucci talks to the audience, telling them that yet another old Dream Member has arrived (once again triggering fanfare)
Charlie appears, and sings something which I can't remember.
The Spirit Carries on is played, and these two disappear.
James appears and tells everyone that they have come full circle.
Octavarium is performed (skipping the lap steel/fingerboard intro entirely)
Everything goes dark and Petrucci says "The third arrives"
The Best of times begins, and when the fast part begins, the entire stage is lit, showing Mangini's drum set empty, instead, another one is right beside it, with Mike Portnoy playing along.
After it has finished, Mike Mangini joins the fray and The Shattered Fortress is played with both drummers switching sections, featuring a drum duel solo between both.
Derek returns and a Change of Seasons is performed, with MP and MM playing one section each, and Derek and Rudess playing along.
The band thanks the audience for "30 awesome years" and say a few thank notes, then, they get back to their seats.
Charlie appears again.
The new album Title track is performed with members, Labrie and Charlie singing different parts each and the others playing along.
The middle section of the song is performed with the current formation, before the rest reappear towards the last part.

Then I don't remember what but... O well, that was how it was more or less, a few things have gone obscure which I think happened, idk, but hey, I did my best haha. Anyho, there ya' go, what do you think?
Remember it was a dream, so it's not like I was aware of what was going to appear.
 :metal :metal :metal :metal
 :tup

EDIT: It looks like a lot of people are finding it hard to believe that I can remember a dream with such detail and so vivid, but let me tell you, I don't.
Most of the songs that I wrote that were played, I only remember the intros (Octavarium) or the Intro and the Ending (ACoS, which I'm guessing they were taking turns to play pieces because Mangini was playing the intro part and Portnoy was at the ending), in other ones I only remember hearing the chorus, and in other ones, I don't remember anything at all, and simply know they were played because someone inside the dream mentioned them.
I DON'T know ANYTHING about Act 2, and simply know  that the entire album was played because my brother was (in-dream) disappointed that they didn't play the epic (The tt), yet was later amazed to find out that it was played out at the end.
As for the final TT, it had no new music, it was simply a mashup of Rhapsody of Fire songs and Dark Moor (I actually tho it was weird, since it had no Dream Theater whatsoever). But hey! I'm no prodigal musician to dream non-existent music!
As for the TBOT live, It was pretty much the studio version, since live one doesn't exist xD. And I remember the chorus, the fact that Portnoy appeared as soon as the fast part began was something I added for the sake of narration.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 03:53:41 PM by Darkstarshades »
Jatruccyundessgini

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Dream I had about 30 anniversary Concert BluRay/DvD
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2015, 07:37:23 PM »
Wet Dream and Day Unite  :metal
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2015, 08:35:06 PM »
Damn, dude.  That's a very vivid dream.  I wish some of my dreams was very long concert experiences.

Offline Darkstarshades

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2015, 08:46:36 PM »
Damn, dude.  That's a very vivid dream.  I wish some of my dreams was very long concert experiences.
Actually, the "memories" (Like the entire album was played and that) came into my mind well into the dream, I never actually heard any of the album songs, that act simply skipped, and something told me that the album was played completely, maybe my mind did create the "songs", its just that I don't remember it.

*Also, the fact that I know the Title Track was performed last came from an in-dream discussion with my brother about that very same concert, I never got to hear that title track (Because it does not exist!). And also, I remember I simply heard the chorus "I'll always remember... Those were the best of times", and the Repenteance/Root of all Evil section of The Shattered fortress, which is why I added them to what was "played"
I think something else was played with Portnoy/Mangini, but can't tell what, just remember seeing them
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 08:54:23 PM by Darkstarshades »
Jatruccyundessgini

Offline The Presence of Frenemies

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2015, 09:52:40 PM »
Man, I wish TBOT live was in my dreams.
Yeah, I have no idea what the cakeless person in that analogy is meant to be eating. If he's got some sort of cake substitute, it should really have been worked into the narrative at some point. As it stands, the options are:

• Hoard a cake just to stare blankly into its doughy edifice.
  • Make futile chewing motions with your mouth while starving to death.

Offline YtseJamittaja

• Yub Nub
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2015, 11:51:58 PM »
If MP ever do a one-of-a-kind show with them, they really should do a drum battle with MM! That would be so cool!
Do you even whahíbrido pickingant?

M Y  L A S T. F M  P R O F I L E

Offline fischermasamune

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2015, 12:40:51 AM »
If MP ever do a one-of-a-kind show with them, they really should do a drum battle with MM! That would be so cool!

Even better would be the subsequent fanboy battle!

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2015, 01:34:08 AM »

Even better would be the subsequent fanboy battle!

" Proof that MP is the better drummer and should never have been fired by JP. Flying Colours & Transatlantic Proves that MP had all the prog chops in the band and since he was fired - DT have churned out the same album twice which are both

exact copies of previous albums!!!!!! #MpWarrior "

Offline YtseJamittaja

• Yub Nub
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2015, 02:02:47 AM »
Haha lol. I meant they could do that in the good spirit, first battle and then give hugs and play together.  :angel:
Do you even whahíbrido pickingant?

M Y  L A S T. F M  P R O F I L E

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2015, 05:24:01 AM »
Sorry but, I find it hard to believe that anyone could have a dream that vivid and are able to recite it step by step, but I've never been a big dreamer so I may have no idea what I'm on about.

I like how Another Day starts and the guest is Derek.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Darkstarshades

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2015, 03:45:46 PM »
Sorry but, I find it hard to believe that anyone could have a dream that vivid and are able to recite it step by step, but I've never been a big dreamer so I may have no idea what I'm on about.

I like how Another Day starts and the guest is Derek.
As I previously said, I only "know" these pieces played, yet don't actually remember hearing any of these.
Most of it was filled with things I "think" happened, for example, I don't remember anything of Act 2, yet I know that the entire album EXCEPT for de TT was played because my Bro was Qqing about it missing.
I only remember choruses, and I got no idea of which was the Falling into infinity song played at the medley, yet I remember seeing the FII cover.
As for the last song, the title track, It was pretty much a weird mix of Rhapsody songs, really, I'm not some kind of prodigal musician to dream non-existent pieces.
Jatruccyundessgini

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2015, 02:23:42 PM »
If Another Day and The Best Of Times were both played at a DT show, I would be VERY disappointed.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Darkstarshades

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2015, 05:32:08 PM »
If Another Day and The Best Of Times were both played at a DT show, I would be VERY disappointed.
One parent at a time, I guess.
I didn't control that, for example, I don't remember anything from Systematic Chaos being played xD
Jatruccyundessgini

Offline chaossystem

• We're on to your agenda, the dead-end road to nowhere.
  • Chapters unfinished, fading
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2015, 07:48:59 PM »
I wonder why your dream didn't include a guest appearance by Kevin Moore.

The best part of it was Octavarium being played without that UNBEARABLY INTERMINABLE intro!

I wish I could dream an "edit" like THAT!
I can't stop the world from turning around, or the pull of the moon on the tide, but I don't believe that we're in this alone, I believe we're along for the ride...

Offline Darkstarshades

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2015, 07:50:54 PM »

The best part of it was Octavarium being played without that UNBEARABLY INTERMINABLE intro!

Lol, if they were to play all that just like in my dream, then you would only hear random intros, names, nothing at all and ocassionally some solos and choruses. Most of it was stiched together by me for the sake of narrative.
Jatruccyundessgini

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2015, 07:51:10 PM »

Right, because what a DT show needs is more wankery. :lol :biggrin:

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2015, 08:16:43 PM »

intro is awesome.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2015, 03:40:32 PM »
Cool topic!  Funny I had a dream last night I went to a DT concert and had 2nd row seats centered. I had a friend with me and she was a DT fan too and we were soo stoked!! Right before the show started, this really hot brunette came up out of nowhere and whispered into my ear that she wanted me to go home with her after the show (like that would ever happen) and the gal with me asked what was that all about. I told her and she said that sounds like fun, can I join? Lol, I said sure but the brunette disappeared and the show started and the band sounded killer, but just a few seconds into the first song the concert was over. She (my friend) told me I had too much to drink and blacked out and I missed the whole show. Nothing ever came about of our post show plans either,  too good to be true. I woke up this morning next to my wife feeling guilty, MY BAD, and a little hungover because I DID drink last night.. :facepalm:  Dreams are so bizarre. I guess we're putting the Dream into Dream Theater...ha!!!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 03:45:57 PM by Architeuthis »
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2015, 03:55:49 PM »
I have dreamed a few times that I am at a DT show, and they ask me to sit in on drums because the drummer isn't there, and I'm sitting on the drum throne going, "crap, I can barely keep a basic 4/4 beat in a straightforward song.  How am I going to do this?"
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2015, 06:27:37 PM »
That would be quite the predicament. Lol
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2015, 02:04:48 PM »
:lol  I don't know why I never have that same dream, but instead get called up to sing--something I actually could do competently.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2015, 03:02:37 PM »
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Octavarious

• Scenes from a Mesmerism
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2015, 02:31:44 PM »
Having Kevin back...
Not even in anyone's wildest dream!  ;)
From Rome, with love.

Offline paulstfu

« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2015, 07:52:31 PM »
Freaking awesome Dream!!  :hefdaddy

I also had a very similar dream at the end of 2013. It was so amazing that I had to write it down and then post it on a website. If you speak (Or read) spanish, take a look: https://www.taringa.net/comunidades/dreamlatinoamerica/8289579/Sonando-con-el-teatro-y-su-30-aniversario.html

Well. The 30th anniversary concert was set to be an Score 2.0 with the Symphonic theater of Dreams (Pretty cool and with big chances to happen).
Act 1: The show begins with a video of the history of DT, longer than the score intro. Then they play some classic songs and after the 5th song, the Symphonic Theater of Dreams comes to action, playing the songs of the tribute album, along with some other that had never been played with an orchestra. The last song finishes and JLB says "We still have many surprises for you. See ya in 15!". Lights slightly turn down.

Act 2: Lights off. No one knows what's happening, because some minutes pass in silence. Jordan plays a smooth, sad and short piano solo with the lights still off. Then, a clock ticking and Jordan playing a familiar melody. A ray of light appears above Jordan, while he plays the intro of The Best of times. Petrucci goes near him and plays his acoustic part. When the song comes to the "happy" part, the stage is fully revealed: MIKE PORTNOY ON DRUMS!! The venue is about to fall, everyone goes insane, crying and praising the lord. History has been made. With Portnoy on drums, the band finally plays the 12 step suite in its entirety and A Change of Seasons for the first time in almost 12 years. Portnoy leaves, Mangini returns and they play Stream of Consciousness and The Count of Tuscany with orchestra. Lights turn off again and Space Dye Vest is played... But Jordan isn't there: IT'S KEVIN!. When Kevin finishes, Portnoy Joins again to end the evening with Metropolis ala WDADR.

That was the dream I had back on 2013.

PD: If you speak spanish, you'll read on the link that I was doing kind of a "prediction" of the songs they were going to play on the last tour and I wrote about the possibilities of The best of Times, The Shattered Fortress and Space Dye Vest to be played... I still can't believe I was right with TSF and SDV.  :hefdaddy
Standing on the Wetbacks of angels (?)

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2015, 08:55:16 AM »
:lol  I don't know why I never have that same dream, but instead get called up to sing--something I actually could do competently.

I guess I spoke too soon.  I actually did have this dream last night.  ...except that instead of Dream Theater, I was called to fill in on lead vocals for Lynch Mob.  :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2015, 11:51:30 AM »
Don't tell your wife. :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2015, 12:15:56 PM »
Good call, if I told her it would become a reality nightmare! :-0

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2015, 12:17:51 PM »
Good call,  If I told her it would become a reality nightmare.  :-0

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2015, 12:22:16 PM »
Dohh,  double post. Sorry!

Offline took_the_time11

« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2015, 02:20:55 PM »
That was indeed a vivid dream. I bet that was the best dream ever. Hopefully it was a psychic dream
I know the Aries Code & I enjoy the right to date.

Offline comment

• Custom Title
  • What’s on your mind Facebook?
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2015, 11:09:20 AM »
I had a dream I could afford the Dream Theater Pint Glass their promoting for their 30th (Twitter). For $45 I'd expect it to be made from Spaceshuttle material  ;D

Great dream dude!  Happy 30th DT!
Signature

Offline took_the_time11

« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2015, 09:14:19 AM »
Are they still selling the Dream Theater dream catchers? They were like 300 dollars. That's obviously a lot and I reallybwant one.
I know the Aries Code & I enjoy the right to date.

Offline James Mypetgiress

• Call me Dani. I have grown to hate this username.
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2015, 10:24:55 AM »