Author Topic: Pro Wrestling Thread  (Read 205286 times)

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Pro Wrestling Thread
« Reply #3010 on: December 02, 2023, 12:29:57 PM »
In that interview Ric Flair said the same thing that he has said 1000's upon 1000's of times.  It's his gimmick and in the 70's and 80's, all the wrestling fans including women, loved every second of his promos.  It's truly amazing what offends people nowadays.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #3011 on: December 02, 2023, 12:43:22 PM »
I think it's a combination of the fact that inviting women that age up to your hotel room is a little bit creepier in your 70s than your 30s or 40s, but more importantly I think it's the more widespread knowledge of him committing sexual assault on the plane ride from hell.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #3012 on: December 02, 2023, 12:45:43 PM »
I think it's a combination of the fact that inviting women that age up to your hotel room is a little bit creepier in your 70s than your 30s or 40s, but more importantly I think it's the more widespread knowledge of him committing sexual assault on the plane ride from hell.

Thank you.

It is still puzzling how he got a pass from nearly everyone for that, and I think he has been programmed to think that he can just say and do whatever he wants and get away with it, because, let's face it, he has always gotten away with it.  They have a word for guys like that.   

Offline abydos

• DT.net
« Reply #3013 on: December 05, 2023, 02:46:31 AM »
Why is he a creep for wanting to be with women 18-28?  That seems perfectly logical to me.

He didn't invite minors, after all.  Nothing illegal or negative about it.

I don't have a problem with it.    *shrugs*

Same. And it appears that DiCaprio is following in his footsteps.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #3015 on: January 25, 2024, 12:45:20 PM »
So there are reports out there on Vince being accused of some pretty heinous gross actions.  The description is not looking pretty.  Sometimes, when you read stuff like this, you think, "How the f*** does this guy get away with this unscathed and still owns the company?"
« Last Edit: January 25, 2024, 04:07:32 PM by Anguyen92 »

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #3016 on: January 25, 2024, 03:05:13 PM »
Wow... allegedly, that man is a depraved POS.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #3017 on: January 25, 2024, 05:07:52 PM »
Yeah, Vince McMahon can fuck right off, I'm so glad he's not running things anymore and I can't wait for the company to wash their hands of him for good. Brock Lesnar can fuck off with him, I hope I never see him on WWE TV again. This definitely dampers my excitement for driving to Tampa to go to the Royal Rumble in person on Saturday.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline ZKX-2099

• The Drifting Drifter
« Reply #3018 on: January 26, 2024, 04:41:28 AM »
Lots of past storylines sure take on a new light now...

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #3019 on: January 26, 2024, 05:13:17 AM »
WWE moving to Netflix next year - including all the PPV's.  Interesting...

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #3020 on: January 26, 2024, 02:49:16 PM »
I haven't kept up with Seth Rollins this week, I wonder what the plan is for him now that he is legit injured. CM punk still winning?

I am REALLY excited for the Rumble.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3021 on: January 26, 2024, 09:49:41 PM »
I'm at the point now where I am no longer surprised in the slightest whenever I hear something scandalous about a celebrity. I might be caught off guard, but I am never shocked. Especially with Vince, everything I've ever heard about him stopped fazing me 20 years ago. That changed today.

Early during the alleged May 2020 threesome, “McMahon immediately directed Ms. Grant to lay down on her back in a supplicating position. While straddling over her, McMahon defecated on Ms. Grant’s head. McMahon left to shower off, but he instructed Ms. Grant to remain in place, with excrement in her hair, and to continue performing for his friend. While Ms. Grant requested protection, none was offered. McMahon and Physical Therapist actively continued with the threesome and directed Ms. Grant’s sexual performance for around an hour and a half while she was left covered in feces.”

"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3022 on: January 29, 2024, 04:26:50 PM »
I'm at the point now where I am no longer surprised in the slightest whenever I hear something scandalous about a celebrity. I might be caught off guard, but I am never shocked. Especially with Vince, everything I've ever heard about him stopped fazing me 20 years ago. That changed today.

Early during the alleged May 2020 threesome, “McMahon immediately directed Ms. Grant to lay down on her back in a supplicating position. While straddling over her, McMahon defecated on Ms. Grant’s head. McMahon left to shower off, but he instructed Ms. Grant to remain in place, with excrement in her hair, and to continue performing for his friend. While Ms. Grant requested protection, none was offered. McMahon and Physical Therapist actively continued with the threesome and directed Ms. Grant’s sexual performance for around an hour and a half while she was left covered in feces.”

This is absolutely ridiculous.

I'm not surprised like you said that there's allegations, and even really bad allegations, against Vince.  The guys basically a criminal in my mind and has been. But yeah, the shit story is just a different level of insanity.  It's almost like he treated his real life like WWE, and well, there's lots of evidence to support that. 

I don't really follow WWE, but I have to wonder what people like his family and Triple H have to say.  I've also have to believe a lot more people were probably complicit in his actions. 

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
« Reply #3023 on: January 29, 2024, 04:40:57 PM »

Well, it can't be said that Vince never gave a shit.

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3024 on: January 30, 2024, 05:00:07 PM »
For those who want a history to how terrible Vince there is a great six-part behind the bastards series:

https://pca.st/episode/def7a331-5d43-49c7-91df-f6ed4d7ddbf3

Offline twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #3025 on: February 24, 2024, 03:14:08 AM »
Anyone else watching Elimination Chamber right now?

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #3026 on: February 24, 2024, 11:25:54 AM »
5am is way too fucking early :lol

But the results were predictable, I read comments that it was a good show overall, so I will try to watch it.

Also, if they don't put Cody over Roman...that will be fucking stupid.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3027 on: February 25, 2024, 08:00:05 AM »
It was a good show but yes very predictable

Offline twosuitsluke

« Reply #3028 on: February 25, 2024, 11:19:10 AM »
5am is way too fucking early :lol

But the results were predictable, I read comments that it was a good show overall, so I will try to watch it.

Also, if they don't put Cody over Roman...that will be fucking stupid.

Well, it was 10am for me so I took full advantage as usually PPVs are at 1am everytime here.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #3029 on: February 25, 2024, 11:30:09 AM »
Yeah, it's tough for people not in the US usually.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3030 on: February 27, 2024, 08:16:01 PM »
Ole Anderson died. Even as a kid I knew it was all "fake" but part of me still believed to my core that they really broke Dusty's arm. Their feuds with the Four Horsemen would have with Dusty Rhodes and the Rock n Roll Express were legendary.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3031 on: February 28, 2024, 06:23:57 AM »
Yeah, I saw that yesterday about Ole Anderson.

It was fake and everything, but he was really a tough old asshole, not doubt about.  One of the real ones.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline twosuitsluke

« Reply #3032 on: April 01, 2024, 10:12:45 AM »
Who else is massively hyped for WrestleMania this year? I'm going to watch both night's live, and I can't wait!

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3033 on: April 01, 2024, 11:47:04 AM »
Who else is massively hyped for WrestleMania this year? I'm going to watch both night's live, and I can't wait!
I wouldn't say MASSIVELY hyped, but I am more hyped than normal.  I don't watch RAW or Smackdown normally, but my kid and I attended RAW a week or two ago and that was hella fun, so we may tune for WM.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #3034 on: April 01, 2024, 12:59:32 PM »

Me! So excited

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #3035 on: April 01, 2024, 06:16:28 PM »
I'm very much looking forward to Wrestlemania weekend (don't sleep on NXT Stand & Deliver on Saturday)! The build and the card for this year have been nothing short of epic, it should be a great two days of wrestling.

I wouldn't say MASSIVELY hyped, but I am more hyped than normal.  I don't watch RAW or Smackdown normally, but my kid and I attended RAW a week or two ago and that was hella fun, so we may tune for WM.

Definitely jealous you got to see that Creeds tag match live, one of my favorites from recently.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3036 on: April 02, 2024, 07:53:42 AM »
Definitely jealous you got to see that Creeds tag match live, one of my favorites from recently.
That was 10 pounds of fun in a five pound bag.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #3037 on: April 03, 2024, 02:18:07 PM »
It's so obvious that Cody wins it Sunday, which means it won't happen...or will it? They got me hooked.

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #3038 on: April 07, 2024, 09:31:18 PM »
Well, night one of Wrestlemania was good, but night two was fucking great. So many good matches and so many stories with satisfying conclusions. Can't wait for Raw tomorrow :hat
Photobucket sucks.

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #3039 on: April 07, 2024, 10:19:49 PM »
So in terms of the 10, 20, 30, 40 edition of Wrestlemania, how does 40 rank compared to those 3 other ones?  It seems like when it gets to that X0 mark, it feels like it's one of the more better versions.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3040 on: April 08, 2024, 06:16:00 AM »
Night 2 was much better than Night 1.  That main event was spectacular.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3041 on: April 08, 2024, 08:58:02 AM »
We enjoyed both nights.  First WM I've watched in years.  Loved it.

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #3042 on: April 08, 2024, 02:52:18 PM »
So in terms of the 10, 20, 30, 40 edition of Wrestlemania, how does 40 rank compared to those 3 other ones?  It seems like when it gets to that X0 mark, it feels like it's one of the more better versions.

I'd have to review the cards and maybe rewatch some of them, but 40 was very very good. Some really high highs and no bad matches across two nights.

Night 2 was much better than Night 1.  That main event was spectacular.

The main was great, and a few of the matches just got into a higher gear than most of the night 1 matches were able to hit.

We enjoyed both nights.  First WM I've watched in years.  Loved it.

Raw tonight should be a lot of fun as well. The Raw after Mania has kinda become its own thing, a lot of the diehards who travel to attend WM will go to Raw as well and since so many stories reach their conclusion over the weekend there are some surprise debuts/returns etc... to kick off new stores.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #3043 on: April 08, 2024, 07:01:13 PM »
Great weekend, Cody ended the story. It was a glorious match.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3044 on: April 13, 2024, 08:36:31 PM »
I've watched quite a few cell phone recordings of the final minutes of Cody-Reigns. After Seth gets knocked out and The Rock is in the middle of the ring, every single person is all "Stone Cold is coming out! That glass is gonna shatter! Gimme a Hell Yeah!..." they are so amped up, they know for certain Austin is coming out. And then the gong hits, and everyone is "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!" I love how everyone can still lose their mind seeing Taker.