Author Topic: 2015-07-19 - Pistoia Blues Festival - Pistoia, ITALY ROLL CALL & REVIEWS  (Read 5371 times)

Offline orphaeusest

For the Pistoia Blues Festival, the show starts at 21:00. Who will be attending?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 04:01:57 PM by Weymolith »

Offline mirko_metal_88

Re: 2015-07-19 - Pistoia Blues Festival - Pistoia, ITALY
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 05:12:04 AM »
I'll be there if it will be the only italian show....but i hope for a Milan gig :D

Offline Octavarious

• Scenes from a Mesmerism
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 04:03:56 PM »
I'll be there if it will be the only italian show....but i hope for a Milan Rome gig :D
:metal
From Rome, with love.

Offline orphaeusest

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2015, 02:05:33 AM »
I really think this is the only Italian show. Anyway, I will buy the ticket this weekend. Hope to see you all Italian fans in July!

Offline Eldomm

• Metropolis chemist
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2015, 05:37:34 AM »
I really think this is the only Italian show. Anyway, I will buy the ticket this weekend. Hope to see you all Italian fans in July!

As for the summer shows, I agree. But later I believe there will be a proper European tour including Milan and Rome...  ;)

Offline orphaeusest

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2015, 02:38:26 AM »

As for the summer shows, I agree. But later I believe there will be a proper European tour including Milan and Rome...  ;)

Oh, yes. The tour in support of the upcoming album will be at the beginning of 2016. They told us ;).

Meanwhile, Pistoia is a really amazing city. Here you are the square where they will play.

Offline Deathless

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2015, 09:43:06 AM »
It should be a great show! Queensryche will also be playing.  :metal

Offline orphaeusest

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2015, 03:12:54 AM »
It should be a great show! Queensryche will also be playing.  :metal

And also Vision Divine! I knew them in 2004 in Florence when DT played for that evening. There isn't Michele Luppi any longer, but Vision Divine is one of the best Italian metal bands that we have.

Offline Octavarious

Cannot wait for it, had to pass the Roman one...
But won't miss that one.
From Rome, with love.

Offline Octavarious

Ready to leave tomorrow...
Looking forward for an amazing show...
From Rome, with love.

Offline Octavarious

Came back today after working in Tuscany today (coupled pleasure with work).
A very good show, with sime oustanding peaks - I would say from About to crash on.
First half saw James in troubles for the first few songs, then gettin better, and a couple of mistakes from Mike which I didn't expect as were on apparently easy pieces (maybe he was too relaxed): in one of them (was it TSCO?) Jordan gave him a look like "???. Everything alright??."
Before About to crash, in a short piano improvisation Jordan played some notes of the Italian national  anthem. :rollin he stopped when people began to sing...the band looked great as a whole but not as great as they were last year when they were 99,99% flawless starting with James.
Great audience, the place was almost full and it's medium to big sized, not sure if they sold all tickets or almost.
They loved the gig and public participation to the show, but I didn't see incredible scenes of mass hysteria like last year in Rome with Mike moved to tears...
James confirmed album coming out in the beginning of 2016 (didn't mention a month, should be anyway 1st quarter).
He also said that during a world tour they will come back to Italy for sure. So both nothing new or unexpected.
Setlist - the regular one. They were bit late so were hurried to do BTV with a 15 seconds pause in order to respect curfew.
I definitely prefer them on a "night with" as they seem to do this festival tour for very good reasons (money and 30th aniversary) but that's pretty it...
Vote 8 out of 10 anyway.
From Rome, with love.

Offline CharlesPL