Author Topic: Looking for good quality bootlegs  (Read 4305 times)

Offline wizard of Thought

Looking for good quality bootlegs
« on: January 18, 2015, 03:27:50 AM »
I`m looking for full album performances of Train of Thought or Octavarium.
I`ve already found some dates:

1/16/2004 Manchester, England (full album performance of ToT, seems to be blocked by MP though)
1/17/2006 Tokyo, Japan (full album performance of Octavarium)

If you have any bootlegs of these shows (or others with songs of these albums), could anyone please upload some of them.

BTW: I`m new, so I cannot really trade any bootlegs, because I almost have none.  :smiley:

Offline Gyovanne

Re: Looking for good quality bootlegs
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2015, 08:33:36 AM »
Hi buddy,

Do not be sad for not having any bootleg Dream Theater, if you like, download this file and be happy:

https://kickass.so/mega-collection-of-dream-theater-bootlegs-in-lossless-t4659084.html

Calvin6s

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2015, 09:39:32 AM »
At 100gb and 1 seeder, I'm not sure he'd ever complete the download.  Good torrent though.

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2015, 10:05:22 AM »
Hi buddy,

Do not be sad for not having any bootleg Dream Theater, if you like, download this file and be happy:

https://kickass.so/mega-collection-of-dream-theater-bootlegs-in-lossless-t4659084.html

Thanks for the link, but 100 gb is too much data for me to download, because my internet is pretty slow. Also I already downloaded a few bootlegs while browsing through the forums by now.

EDIT: Is there a possibility I can only download single bootlegs from this torrent? I am pretty interested in some of those, but I don`t want to download 100 gb of data.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 08:05:21 AM by wizard of Thought »

Offline wantija

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2015, 09:24:47 PM »
Hi buddy,

Thanks for the link, but 100 gb is too much data for me to download, because my internet is pretty slow. Also I already downloaded a few bootlegs while browsing through the forums by now.

EDIT: Is there a possibility I can only download single bootlegs from this torrent? I am pretty interested in some of those, but I don`t want to download 100 gb of data.

Yep, when you open the torrent file it'll ask you where you want the files downloaded and what folder/files you want to download. There should be a check box next to each individual folder.

Happy torrenting!

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2015, 02:10:38 AM »
Thanks! Starting to download now  :metal

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2015, 06:56:19 AM »
Yep, when you open the torrent file it'll ask you where you want the files downloaded and what folder/files you want to download. There should be a check box next to each individual folder.
This is true - I had forgotten about this detail. Even with my connection, I was able to download 8 boots that I needed from that torrent over night and now I'll seed them for a while.

One other thing to note about that torrent - even if you want everything, you don't need every single bootleg listed, because there are several bootlegs of the same show. For instance, I think there's 3 or 4 different versions of the Aug. 21, 2007 Boston show. So unless you need the absolute best sound quality (and are willing to download multiple versions of the same show), it's good to go thru to pick and choose what you want.
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Calvin6s

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2015, 07:10:07 AM »
Time for all DTF'ers to connect to this torrent and make it better for everybody.

Nothing is an official release, right?

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2015, 07:26:23 AM »
Do you have to register with them?

I used Kickass a couple years ago before it disappeared.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2015, 07:30:31 AM »
Do you have to register with them?

I used Kickass a couple years ago before it disappeared.
I never registered, so it doesn't appear you need to.
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2015, 10:58:34 AM »
Time for all DTF'ers to connect to this torrent and make it better for everybody.

Nothing is an official release, right?

Haven`t found one yet. Enjoying the Tokyo 17/01/2006 show for 3 days now, the performance is so good  ;D
BTW: I`m currently doing some artwork for this bootleg, because I couldn`t find anyone on the torrent/online. I`ll upload it as soon as I am finished.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 03:22:58 PM by wizard of Thought »

Offline James Mypetgiress

• Call me Dani. I have grown to hate this username.
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2015, 05:47:02 AM »
FYI, i am. Been seeding for a few months now :)

Offline Gyovanne

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2015, 09:14:07 PM »
I'm glad that this torrent has been of help to some of you.  :tup

Calvin6s

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2015, 12:49:31 AM »
I'm glad that this torrent has been of help to some of you.  :tup

If this is your torrent, excellent work.  If you just pointed us to it, thank you.

And thanks to James Mypetgiress for the seeding.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2015, 09:06:17 AM »
Some really great boots in that torrent.

« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2015, 09:28:33 AM »
Can anyone recommend me some bootlegs of the torrent (especially ToT/Octavarium era), I still don`t come along with this huge mass of bootlegs.

Offline James Mypetgiress

• Call me Dani. I have grown to hate this username.
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2015, 02:03:55 PM »
Can anyone recommend me some bootlegs of the torrent (especially ToT/Octavarium era), I still don`t come along with this huge mass of bootlegs.
There are lots in that mass of bootlegs. Lots of boots from that era are good. I can recommend most of them from that era, as far as setlists go. None of them that I own have outstanding quality, though