Author Topic: DT For the first time on WACKEN OPEN AIR 2015  (Read 4527 times)

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
Re: DT For the first time on WACKEN OPEN AIR 2015
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2015, 08:17:44 PM »
I agree the promoter doesn't know crap, but on the other hand I firmly believe that DT would not sign on to do a festival at that time, and not fully plan to have a single ready by that time to play. And if they do plan to have something ready by that time, they will.
It would be very unlike them to go out and do a show without having the new album in the can.

In short, I don't put any stock in the promoters, but knowing DT, I'd put faith in them playing a new song.

I would defninitely agree that they are likely planning that, but that doesnt mean that it will happen (wayy to far out) and it doesnt give the promoter the right to promote that which is the whole reason why I said that statement was weird.

As I said, I believe that if DT plan to have music ready by then, they will. They work on a strict schedule these days of putting out albums and touring, so there's not really any room to miss their deadlines.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Octavarious

• Scenes from a Mesmerism
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2015, 04:29:04 PM »
Apart from Wacken (on 31st of July), which is in the South West corner of Germany so very close to both French and Swiss border, they announced 2 other dates in German festivals.
Ballenstedt (More or less between Magdeburg and Halle) on the 11th of July. Rock Harz festival.
Balingen (between Stuttgart and Swiss border, so almost same area as Wacken) on the 18th of July. Bang your head festival
Further more, one date in Barcelona on the 23rd of same month. Rock Fest.
Source: their own website through a FB post. I double checked now, looks they posted wrong dates in the beginning...
So, yes, touring Europe throughout July (for the moment)... I am pretty sure about some Italian dates too, let's wait and see.
From Rome, with love.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2015, 04:48:28 PM »
Just to clarify, does Wacken do live streams and proshots?  If there is a live stream, I wouldn't mind watching a DT show at an open-air environment at the confines at my own house.

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2015, 03:24:53 AM »
Just to clarify, does Wacken do live streams and proshots?  If there is a live stream, I wouldn't mind watching a DT show at an open-air environment at the confines at my own house.
Yes, at least some performances have been streamed every year.

Offline McNugg

• Lurker Extraordinaire
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2015, 03:28:48 AM »
Yea, the headlining bands are usually livestream and broadcast on one of the German Broadcasting stations (Can't remember which one).  If DT don't get a livestream, i'de be VERY surprised if they aren't proshot and the footage broadcast at a later date on tv and eventually to the Youtubes somewhere.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2015, 02:08:29 AM »
I love Wacken with DT.