Author Topic: DT For the first time on WACKEN OPEN AIR 2015  (Read 4526 times)

Offline TheCountOfNYC

Re: DT For the first time on WACKEN OPEN AIR 2015
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, 05:04:49 AM »
This is awesome for them. To be a part of one of the biggest metal festivals in the world is huge.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Online Mladen

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 05:22:47 AM »
Nice, summer European leg. Always good to know.  ;D

Offline Art

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2015, 05:46:32 AM »
Cool!

They should play ToT in its entirety  :lol

Offline Sycsa

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2015, 05:55:42 AM »
Also the concerts of the band can be described as unique without a doubt: Every concert at every tour gets its own set list. This means there will never be two shows with the same set list in one region!

Sycsa is perhaps the most brilliant and insightful man I have ever encountered.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2015, 06:04:20 AM »
Awesome!   :metal

:lol That's some outdated info they got there unless they're changing things up.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2015, 06:51:23 AM »
They mentioned 30th anniversary.  Interesting.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2015, 07:02:22 AM »
I couldn't help but get the impression that the writer of that blurb had no idea who DT are, and just pieced stuff together from what he saw after a YouTube search.
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2015, 07:28:03 AM »
I think you are right.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2015, 08:23:17 AM »
Shouldn't the last line say "Get ready for a hit and a bunch of other cool songs from 30 years of band history"?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2015, 09:35:08 AM »
Weird how they explicitly say they will play new material as well.  I mean one would assume that since they would have likely completed the album by then and maybe already have a single released, but just seems weird for a festival to be stating that.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2015, 09:38:18 AM »
Weird how they explicitly say they will play new material as well.  I mean one would assume that since they would have likely completed the album by then and maybe already have a single released, but just seems weird for a festival to be stating that.

Why's that? It seems like a selling point to me to state they will play new material, for those that may have seen them last tour.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2015, 09:47:57 AM »

Why's that? It seems like a selling point to me to state they will play new material, for those that may have seen them last tour.

Because they havent even gone into the studio yet.  Like I said it is assumed but I cant see how it is confirmed yet as who knows if DT run into produciton issues or anything that prevents them being ready by the summer to play new tunes.  I dont expect that and the past ahs shown that DT will play the new single during the summer tour, but just seems weird to announce it so early.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2015, 09:58:13 AM »
Other than the fact that DT is playing, I would not assume that ANYTHING in that release is accurate.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2015, 10:07:26 AM »

Because they havent even gone into the studio yet.  Like I said it is assumed but I cant see how it is confirmed yet as who knows if DT run into produciton issues or anything that prevents them being ready by the summer to play new tunes.  I dont expect that and the past ahs shown that DT will play the new single during the summer tour, but just seems weird to announce it so early.

Well, to be fair, not having recorded new material doesn't necessarily mean they don't have new material in the works that could show up in that set, I guess.  Granted, DT isn't the kind of band that would likely be able to write songs on the road, like an average band might.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2015, 10:08:33 AM »
^Yeah, but a festival promoter wouldn't know that.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2015, 10:12:25 AM »
Well, they did know about their tutorial videos about their musical skills, so anything is possible.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2015, 10:14:25 AM »
I agree the promoter doesn't know crap, but on the other hand I firmly believe that DT would not sign on to do a festival at that time, and not fully plan to have a single ready by that time to play. And if they do plan to have something ready by that time, they will.
It would be very unlike them to go out and do a show without having the new album in the can.

In short, I don't put any stock in the promoters, but knowing DT, I'd put faith in them playing a new song.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2015, 10:50:06 AM »
Well, they did know about their tutorial videos about their musical skills, so anything is possible.

Okay, well back up a second because we are not understanding each other.  It is one thing for a promoter to get some staffer to do some quick Google/Wikipedia research and come up with some things.  It is something completely different for a promoter to know about the band's future plans that the band has not released to anyone (and probably doesn't know themselves yet).

I can virtually guarantee that if I emailed John right now and asked him if he knew what they planned to play at Wacken, the response would be "I have no idea.  We haven't thought that far ahead."

And no, I'm not going to email John and ask him that.  :biggrin:

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2015, 10:57:11 AM »
DO IT

DO IT
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus

Offline The Presence of Frenemies

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2015, 11:05:29 AM »
I can virtually guarantee that if I emailed John right now and asked him if he knew what they planned to play at Wacken, the response would be "I have no idea.  We haven't thought that far ahead."

And no, I'm not going to email John and ask him that.  :biggrin:

To be fair, "What are you going to play at Wacken?" isn't the same question as "Are you planning on playing something from the upcoming album at Wacken?" The latter is much more plausible for John to have an answer to at this point in the cycle. It's not like he has to know the title of the song, what other songs are played, etc. He just has to know whether a) the band will have songs to play at that point and b) if they want to show them to the public at that point.
Yeah, I have no idea what the cakeless person in that analogy is meant to be eating. If he's got some sort of cake substitute, it should really have been worked into the narrative at some point. As it stands, the options are:

• Hoard a cake just to stare blankly into its doughy edifice.
  • Make futile chewing motions with your mouth while starving to death.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2015, 11:29:28 AM »
And there is about a 99% chance that the promoter has no idea what the answer to either of those questions is, even if John might (speculating) have a vague notion this far in advance.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2015, 11:34:29 AM »
bosk1....

The Parade

EDIT: Hmph.  Apparently that doesn't work so well on a light background.  Oh well...

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2015, 11:41:08 AM »
^ teh river

Offline mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2015, 11:55:56 AM »
Instead of going oversees again, stay home and tour the regions of the south east and parts of the south west that were missed on the last tours.

Bitter in the South :|
Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2015, 12:38:37 PM »
I agree the promoter doesn't know crap, but on the other hand I firmly believe that DT would not sign on to do a festival at that time, and not fully plan to have a single ready by that time to play. And if they do plan to have something ready by that time, they will.
It would be very unlike them to go out and do a show without having the new album in the can.

In short, I don't put any stock in the promoters, but knowing DT, I'd put faith in them playing a new song.

I would defninitely agree that they are likely planning that, but that doesnt mean that it will happen (wayy to far out) and it doesnt give the promoter the right to promote that which is the whole reason why I said that statement was weird.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2015, 01:46:17 PM »
Is that a new picture of the band? It's the best promo pic I've seen of them with MM in the band. Wait... JP's beard is relatively short. What's he looking like these days?
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2015, 01:52:01 PM »
It's a promo pic for DT12. I recall seeing it around the time of The Enemy Inside.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2015, 01:52:42 PM »
Is that a new picture of the band? It's the best promo pic I've seen of them with MM in the band. Wait... JP's beard is relatively short. What's he looking like these days?
It's not new. I recall it a couple of years ago. I distinctly remember the jacket that MM is wearing. It caught my attention the first time around.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Zydar!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Bertielee

• RIP, Dad (1935-2017)
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2015, 01:55:23 PM »

No, it's one of the promo shots for DT 12 if I remember it well. As far as how he looks nowadays, just think of Zakk Wylde.

B.Lee

Damn! Ninja'd ny TAC!
"Life is divided into two sets of people : people who have lost and people who haven't yet." George Michael

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2015, 01:57:08 PM »
:lol
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2015, 04:08:10 PM »
Nice.  I hope there's a live stream or proshot of this.  Wacken does that, right?

Offline daykrush

« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2015, 07:07:20 PM »
I just wet my pants, DT also plays the Bang Your Head festival in Germany, and a friend of mine is playing there to with his band ( Jason Bittner from Flotsam and Jetsam ).
1 + 1 = meeting them again without buying a meet and greet.....let the summer begin... :yarr :metal