Author Topic: Your Concerts for 2015  (Read 8718 times)

Offline CharlesPL

Re: Your Concerts for 2015
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2015, 03:28:12 AM »
So far:

Faith No More, Cracow, Poland
DT, Katowice, Poland
DT, Prague, Czech Republic
DT, Vienna, Austria
Camel, Cracow, Poland

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2015, 03:38:19 AM »
So far , just KISS in October.     Hoping for Nightwish later in the year too.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2015, 06:07:18 AM »
January 17: Sonata Arctica
April 19: Steven Wilson (not 100% sure yet, but I'll make up my mind once I know the course schedules for school this spring)
In addition to that Sonata show I've seen Soen and CMX so far. I got a ticket to the Wilson show as well, although I recently found out that I'm having an exam the following day. :\

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2015, 06:48:38 AM »
May 1--3   RoSfest (Gettyburg PA)
May 22      Steven Wilson (Berklee - Boston)
June 21     Rush (Montreal)
Sept 10     Scorpions/Queensqryche (Boston)
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Deathless

« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2015, 07:03:07 AM »
Been saving up quite a bit with a lot of shows coming up this summer/fall.

Jake E. Lee's Red Dragon Cartel - 4/18
Corey Glover / Dug Pinnick - 5/1
Nightwish, Delain & Sabaton - 5/13
Def Leppard, Tesla & Styx - 6/30
Van Halen - 9/11

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2015, 10:48:32 AM »
I don't live anywhere near Irvine, CA, but my fiancee is a huge fan of both Hall and Oates and Mayer, so we may consider coming in from out of town for this.

https://www.facebook.com/MayerHawthorne/photos/a.84969064985.20118.64812389985/10150482073349986/?type=1&theater

Mayer has been on "Live From Daryl's House" and covered You Make My Dreams live in fact.

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2015, 11:21:09 AM »
Rush - May 20th
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2015, 11:24:09 AM »
For now it's:

20 Feb - Eluveitie
06 Mar - Sabaton
25 Apr - Epica
05 Jun - Blind Guardian
18 Sep - The Theater Equation

My list stayed the same with the only addition of Dream Theater at 3rd of July.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2015, 12:05:42 PM »
Just saw Fleetwood Mac in Nashville, TN March 18th.  Solid concert and the sound was great especially the drums.  Hard to believe that Mick Fleetwood is 67 years old.

Next up:  Rush in Atlanta May 26th.  This time I am not  going to look at the setlist.

Dream Theater - Pending and still on my bucket list
Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

Offline krands85

« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2015, 12:21:01 PM »
I saw Tides From Nebula, sleepmakeswaves and Skyharbor last week. Since upcdownc was only 2 days later, I decided to give them a miss instead of travelling through to Glasgow again. Also, I was going to buy Godspeed tickets about a week ago, but decided to hold off until I heard the new album. I've heard it now, but the tickets are all sold out.  :censored Oh well, at least I've seen them before.

At the end of April I might go and see And So I Watch You From Afar, depends on whether I'm able to hear their new album first or not - it comes out 6 days after the gig.

Then on the 8th May I'll probably go and see Alcest. Saw them last year supporting Opeth, but the sound was really crappy, so I'd like to see them sounding better and with a longer set.
Whoaaaahh, ohhh, ohhhhh. Whoaaaahh, ohhhhh, ohhhhhh. Waaah, ahhh, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaowwwwww

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2015, 12:39:48 PM »
Ok, my confirmed shows so far are...

1- Nightwish in April
2- Sreven Wilson in June
3- Slipknot in August (my bro got VIP pit passes, I plan on hanging on the outskirts, I'm a bit of a pussy like that)

Still very anxiously awaiting an Anathema announcement for Sept/Oct, seeing as they'll be in the states for PPUSA anyways.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2015, 12:45:24 PM »
Ok, my confirmed shows so far are...

1- Nightwish in April
2- Sreven Wilson in June
3- Slipknot in August (my bro got VIP pit passes, I plan on hanging on the outskirts, I'm a bit of a pussy like that)

Still very anxiously awaiting an Anathema announcement for Sept/Oct, seeing as they'll be in the states for PPUSA anyways.

I finally get to call you out you Harry Potter fan boy. :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2015, 12:45:46 PM »

I'll second that  :corn
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2015, 12:48:51 PM »
Next up:  Rush -  This time I am not  going to look at the setlist.

I really want to avoid it this time as well
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2015, 12:52:45 PM »
Got tickets yesterday for 311 on the summer stage in Asbury Park, saw a concert there last summer (Offspring) and was realy cool to see a band along play outside at the Jersey Shore, 311 seems like the perfect band for it and its a Saturday night so Im pumped.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2015, 12:58:21 PM »
Got tickets yesterday for 311 on the summer stage in Asbury Park, saw a concert there last summer (Offspring) and was realy cool to see a band along play outside at the Jersey Shore, 311 seems like the perfect band for it and its a Saturday night so Im pumped.

I want to see them right next to the beach in NH.  It's on a Monday night.  Trying to persuade the wifey.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2015, 01:10:51 PM »

I want to see them right next to the beach in NH.  It's on a Monday night.  Trying to persuade the wifey.

Oh cool, I was wondering if I was the only fan of theirs on this site.  I've seen them 4 times but all within a one year span back in 2003/4.  They've released so much music since then so it'll be cool to see that.

Offline The Curious Orange

• Lord of the Night
« Reply #52 on: April 30, 2015, 09:24:20 AM »
Updated -

28 May - Fleetwood Mac
1 July - Larkin Poe
2 Oct - Spock's Beard

"And if love remains, though everything is lost,
We will pay the price, but we will not count the cost..."

Offline CharlesPL

« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2015, 09:49:33 AM »
Updated :

18th Oct Joe Satriani

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2015, 09:56:27 AM »
For now:

April 9th - Nightwish with Sabaton and Delain
April 29th - Kamelot with Dragonforce

Those two are down, added:

May 14th - Amaranthe
July 18th - 311
July 31st - Rascal Flatts

Offline OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #55 on: April 30, 2015, 01:56:09 PM »
I get to go to a few concerts a year through my work. This year I signed up for these ones. Since I have friends in high places, I was told I'll probably be going to all of them. All in either Boston or Mansfield, MA.

6/13/15 - Dave Matthews Band
6/18/15 - Third Eye Blind/Dashboard Confessional
7/24/15 - Rise Against
8/1/15 - Van Halen
8/8/15 - Switchfoot
8/18/15 - Nickelback

oh, and I also have tickets for Rush on 6/23. And I may also go to 311 in NH, unless they get a Mass date soon. Have seen them at least once every year since 2004. That ain't gonna change.

EDIT: and STYX! Forgot I have tickets to them on 7/9! Haha, gonna be a good summer!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 02:11:52 PM by OpenYourEyes311 »
I don't want MP playing with DT unless they were making a drummer change. If they let MM go and bring back MP, then fine, but no guest appearance please.
WELP.

Offline Beautiful Agony

• My hovercraft is full of eels
« Reply #56 on: April 30, 2015, 02:03:11 PM »
Rush-May 14
U2-June 24
U2-June 25

This is my first time seeing U2. So I am really excited!  ;D

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #57 on: April 30, 2015, 02:04:01 PM »
In Seattle.  Halestorm. June 9
                    Rush.    July 19
                    Symphony X.   October
                    Scorpions Queensryche.   October
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #58 on: April 30, 2015, 02:34:09 PM »

I'm not really into them but that does sound kind of perfect!

Anyway, my list has changed slightly since my last post:

Just saw Zappa Plays Zappa at the symphony hall last week- amazing! They even brought some folks from the symphony on for two songs, which was awesome.
June- Steven Wilson in Boulder (this will be especially awesome because I got the day off work and Tony will be here for it)
July- The Aristocrats, in the same tiny amazing hippy club I saw them in last time. So. Fucking. Pumped.

Also planning to see something at Red Rocks this summer (I mean, ya gotta), but not sure what yet.
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Offline Sycsa

« Reply #59 on: April 30, 2015, 02:34:58 PM »
Uriah Heep on May the 2nd and DT sometime in the summer. Looking to catch Riverside and Deep Purple.

Sycsa is perhaps the most brilliant and insightful man I have ever encountered.

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #60 on: April 30, 2015, 04:38:32 PM »
So far...

Tomorrow night in LA - Nightwish / Sabaton / Delain

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #61 on: April 30, 2015, 06:25:12 PM »
RoSfest tomorrow  night!  3 days of awesomeness.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #62 on: April 30, 2015, 06:34:07 PM »
Steven wilson in May

Deftones/incubus in August

Offline PuffyPat

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #63 on: April 30, 2015, 11:50:29 PM »
so far:

Diarrhea Planet (THEY FUCKING SLAYED)
Rx Bandits // A Great Big Pile of Leaves (a great time w/ great friends)

to come (hopefully):

Diamond Youth // Rozwell Kid // Soda Bomb
A Great Big Pile of Leaves (again)
JEFF the Brotherhood (fav band of all time)
Death Grips
Titus Andronicus (at some point)
prog sucks
Even if you're not serious, I'm going to pretend you are and use this as proof that not all heroes wear capes.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #64 on: May 01, 2015, 03:24:13 AM »
So far I've seen Kayo Dot/Botanist and Steven Wilson, both were great. I'm seeing Swans in 2 weeks, and I couldn't be more excited. They're a top5 band for me, and seeing them live means I can cross them off my list. (Sadly 2 of my top5 bands are bands I will never get to see live)

Apart from that I haven't really planned anything more, but I will probably see BTBAM in October. I don't have the highest hopes for their new album, but hopefully they surprise me. And either way, the tickets are fairly cheap and they are great live. Other than that, I missed out on seeing Tallest Man on Earth for the 4th time (tickets were expensive and sold out), but I'm not too saddened by it. More concerts will probably pop up.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #65 on: May 01, 2015, 09:34:12 AM »
So far I went to see In This Moment at the Wellmont Theatre in Montclair, NJ on April 18th. On May 15th I'm going to see Halestorm and The Pretty Reckless at the Stone Pony Summer Stage in Asbury Park, NJ. Hopefully I'll be going to see Shinedown at the Beacon Theatre in New York, NY on July 24th. This year isn't a big year for going to shows for me since my three favorite bands (Metallica, Dream Theater, Avenged Sevenfold) aren't playing any local venues.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #66 on: May 01, 2015, 10:03:09 AM »
So far I went to see In This Moment at the Wellmont Theatre in Montclair, NJ on April 18th. On May 15th I'm going to see Halestorm and The Pretty Reckless at the Stone Pony Summer Stage in Asbury Park, NJ. Hopefully I'll be going to see Shinedown at the Beacon Theatre in New York, NY on July 24th. This year isn't a big year for going to shows for me since my three favorite bands (Metallica, Dream Theater, Avenged Sevenfold) aren't playing any local venues.

Oh nice, the stone pony summer stage is pretty cool if the weather is nice!

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #67 on: May 01, 2015, 10:34:40 AM »

Yeah I went to see Shinedown there a couple of years ago. It was hot as hell (although not as hot as Orion Festival was in Atlantic City the year prior) but it was great. I tend to like smaller to medium sized venues for a show. My favorite place to see a concert is Starland Ballroom.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #68 on: May 01, 2015, 01:15:27 PM »

Yeah I went to see Shinedown there a couple of years ago. It was hot as hell (although not as hot as Orion Festival was in Atlantic City the year prior) but it was great. I tend to like smaller to medium sized venues for a show. My favorite place to see a concert is Starland Ballroom.

Oh nice, I plan on seeing Kamelot there in the fall!  I didnt add that to my list of concerts on this thread since I havent purchased tickets yet.

Offline The Curious Orange

• Lord of the Night
« Reply #69 on: May 18, 2015, 08:28:07 AM »
Updated -

28 May - Fleetwood Mac
1 July - Larkin Poe
2 Oct - Spock's Beard
19 Dec - Nightwish
"And if love remains, though everything is lost,
We will pay the price, but we will not count the cost..."