Author Topic: Evermind's Top 50 list v. #1 "Did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?"  (Read 47904 times)

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
If you weren't on TAC's Christmas card list already, you are now  ;D   I'm a huge fan of 3-4 tracks on this but I do skip a few.  The best tracks are brilliant though  :tup
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
5 stars

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
Terrific album!

I love, in the song Invisible, where he sings, "I've just become, obscene." Not quite Ian Gillan level of clever, but I still think it's quite funny.
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
If you weren't on TAC's Christmas card list already, you are now  ;D

Is it a good thing or a bad thing?  :lol

Terrific album!

I love, in the song Invisible, where he sings, "I've just become, obscene." Not quite Ian Gillan level of clever, but I still think it's quite funny.

Unless I'm very much mistaken or didn't get the joke or the pun, I always thought it was "unseen", not "obscene", at least in the studio version. Though perhaps I'm missing something, feel free to correct me then!
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
Haven't listened to Dio yet, so don't have any comments on this - OK the cover art is amazing.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Haven't listened to Dio yet,
WHAT??

If you weren't on TAC's Christmas card list already, you are now  ;D

Is it a good thing or a bad thing?  :lol

A good thing of course!

Awesome album, Holy Diver. Seriously one of the best albums these ears have ever heard.

I actually have the Seventh Wonder on my iPod, but it has yet to really grab me,.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
Dio \m/

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
I had The Scarecrow on my first Top 50 list :) haven't listened to it for quite a while, I'll put it on tomorrow!
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
Booooooooooooooooooooooooom...............

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Haven't listened to Dio yet,
WHAT??

Yeah, I agree with TAC. What the hell?

And, well, as they say, third time's a charm, so here's the third and actually the last time (that's right, no In Absentia, Deadwing or FOABP on this list) Steven Wilson makes his another obligatory appearance on my list with what I consider his best album up to date. I even made some of my friends listen to SW because of this, and they were not disappointed, so, well, this album is full of win.

The Raven That Refused To Sing (And Other Stories)
Steven Wilson
Genre: progressive rock

It’s fascinating how Porcupine Tree as a band was pretty consistent with nearly all the releases, but Steven Wilson’s solo albums progressively improved in the quality. I mean, Insurgentes was alright, Grace for Drowning was, uhm, graceful, and Raven is just mindblowing. Not an “inventing a lot of new things for the genre” mindblowing, but from the compositional and songwriting standpoint. No filler, not too long, a good portion of wind instruments, every song is focused and at the same time every member of the band gets his moments to shine. The music ranges from complex and fast to simple and evocative, most sections have their purpose and even prolonged instrumental phases are captivating.

Here’s another moment when everyone knows everything about this album and Wilson solo project, but anyway. After Porcupine Tree was put on hiatus in 2011ish, Steven focused on his solo career, releasing Grace for Drowning and touring in support for it, and then writing and releasing Raven in 2013. Along with Steven Wilson providing, as usual, vocals, mellotron, guitars and such stuff, there was Guthrie Govan on lead guitar, Marco Minnemann on drums, Nick Beggs on bass, Adam Holzman on keys including piano and Hammond, and Theo Travis on sax and flute.

While Raven is not a concept album, every track on it is basically a ghost story, dealing with dead people and other otherworldly stuff. Ghosts, alcoholics, watchmakers, all this stuff can be found on Raven, and obviously even from the description one can gather that this album isn’t happy at all. Like every other SW album. Duh. Well, anyway, I like how each song tells its own story and they all are tied together in this ghost concept. Now, the production and mix are of course as pristine as you can expect from Steven, so I won’t even talk about this. The songs are mostly done is 70s progressive style, but with some small modern twist I can’t explain, they just feel fresh and right. While there are rocking, fast-paced tunes like bass-driven Luminol or action-packed The Holy Drinker, there is also Drive Home, a heartfelt ballad filled with stellar guitar-work; diverse The Watchmaker with a total bliss in a form of the first three minutes containing touching Steven’s vocals and amazing duet of flute and acoustic guitar; and of course, don’t forget about the totally stripped down title track which is just an uncontrollable flow of such emotions as grief and sorrow.

While I like some Porcupine Tree work, I can’t help but admit I much rather prefer Steven continuing his own solo career, because if his next album would be even better than Raven, I might pass out because of too much awesomeness coming my way. Right in the post office when I’ll be receiving the record, y’all. Seriously though, I can’t wait what this man will pull out of his sleeve next, because it will be a really tough job topping the Raven in my book.

Favourite tracks: Luminol, Drive Home, The Watchmaker, The Raven that Refused to Sing

Offline mikemangioy

• do feel free to spool through.
This album is so awesome. Luminol is such a groovy beast, The Holy Drinker is packed with good riffs and organ goodness and I love The Watchmaker's change of mood towards the end of the song. That's one fucking creepy outro. And the title-track  :heart :heart

..Grace For Drowning is better tho :neverusethis:
Because Mike is better than Mike

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni

I've been considering Grace For Drowning for this list, but on the subsequent listens I've found out I love Raider II and Deform to Form a Star, and the other songs were just, well, alright. I guess the length is too much for me, while I admit the material is strong, I just can't stomach it in one go. That's where Raven tops it.

Offline mikemangioy

I've been considering Grace For Drowning for this list, but on the subsequent listens I've found out I love Raider II and Deform to Form a Star, and the other songs were just, well, alright. I guess the length is too much for me, while I admit the material is strong, I just can't stomach it in one go. That's where Raven tops it.

Yeah, I agree. I'd never listen to GFD in one go, maybe if I'm in the mood yes, but Raven flows really nicely.

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
I only just heard my first song from this album the other day (after watching your link to Storm Corrosion actually), the live version of The Raven... it was fantastic.  I must check out the rest of this album.  Also, what a killer band.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
 :corn
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni

I'm not a big fan of 80's metal, so I know very little, but will surely give that Dio album a spin.

About The Raven... I really like the first two tracks and the closer one. The rest are ok for me, not bad at all, but not that great either.

Offline ThatOneGuy2112

Dio  :metal

I've really grown distant from a lot of '80's metal, but Dio is among those that I'll probably always love.

And The Raven is an excellent choice, no doubt. :tup

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Now there will be a few repeats in a row (I've warned you guys), but as it's the weekend and I'm at home, we'll make it three updates a day and get to the next exciting stuff in no time. I'm not saying the repeats isn't exciting stuff, by the way, we can compare the albums or something while we're at it.

Dio is among those that I'll probably always love.

That I can agree with.

I'd take Epica over it, but Karma is a fantastic album.

Damn right.

Epica
Kamelot
Genre: power metal

I said before Karma was kind of a pinnacle for full-blown power metal Kamelot, and I stand by these words, because Epica is where the band pretty much started to add progressive elements into their music with tremendous success. There is plenty of power metal still, but it’s totally not the same. Only two years had passed between those two albums, and the difference is quite visible.

Well, since the band’s lineup stayed the same, let’s discuss the albums’ distinctions instead. First and probably the most important thing, Epica is a concept album (so obviously it’s higher in my list, duh). Epica is the beginning of a two-part story about Ariel, the man who’s seeking for the answers about the meaning of life and other such deep things, based on Goethe’s Faust. Epica is much more ambitious than Karma, and the tracks are mostly more bombastic with certain exceptions, the progressive elements are toned down in favour of power metal things. Epica has those small interludes in between tracks, which provide the atmosphere and set the mood for the songs following them.

What’s really awesome about Epica is that the album flows impeccably and the story actually makes sense and can be followed without any booklet or outside explanation. I’ve always regarded Kamelot as one of the power metal bands that are capable of writing sensible lyrics without any dragons or magic, and in this story it’s obvious. They’ve managed to put this striving for secrets of the human nature, life, death and the whole world into words, and this poetry is incredible. When all the events unfold, the writing gets even tighter. I’m writing this because Silverthorn’s (the latest Kamelot album with Tommy Karevik on vocals) concept actually didn’t make sense at all until I read the whole story in an additional book in a boxset. Not a way to go, guys. Back to Epica, the story is a bit overdramatized I think, especially in a part where Helena kills herself when Ariel tells her love means nothing to him and he wants to pursue his quest further. I mean, well, I get it, it’s love and all that, but to make suicide drowning in the river because of that? And if I recall correctly, she never told him she had a child from him? Well maybe if you told him, he would’ve stayed. Way to go, Helena, just drown yourself and your child in the river. Obviously there wouldn’t be such an emotional tension otherwise and this entire struggle for Ariel in the next part wouldn’t take place, but still, that was stupid in my opinion.

Another thing that bugs me is the whole Mephisto appearance. So he tells Ariel he can provide him with all the answers, whatever he wants, and then Mephisto’s like, hey, let’s organize a feast man! And Ariel is like, alright, yeah, a feast! Always a good thing to do before setting on a journey for my, like, whole life to look for answers I’m not sure where to look. Better do a feast before it. Actually I’m not sure how he even bought this whole thing. I mean, the archangel descends to you from the sky and offers you a deal. I would’ve thought I went nuts because of too much work or too much DTFing. Or maybe this is some kind of prank like your friends or colleagues poured too much whiskey in your drink. Well, anyway, this is me nitpicking on the whole thing, because otherwise I really love this concept, the story and the way it’s conveyed in music. The band did a great job on this record. If you liked Karma, definitely check it out, and if you didn’t check out Karma, better try this, because it’s really more mature and beautiful.

Disclaimer: for the most satisfying experience you should listen to the whole album

Favourite tracks: Center of the Universe, Farewell, On the Coldest Winter Night, Lost and Damned, The Mourning After, III Ways to Epica

It’s funny, I’ve just realized I didn’t say anything about music. Well, there are some incredible highlights for me, like the solo in The Mourning After speeding up, or Roy and Mary Youngblood interactions in Center of the Universe and III Ways to Epica; but the best thing is definitely the recurring vocal melody in the beginning and the end of the record:

Why did God make me feel there is more to be answered?
Maybe God cannot remedy our souls if he tried…

Why did God take away the one thing I wanted?
Maybe God is a melody we all serenade…

The way these lines are so different and so alike and the way they reflect Ariel’s point of view in two different moments of the story is so well done.

Offline mikemangioy

Got confused there for a second  :lol I was like "wait is this a kamelot album named epica or an epica album named kamelot or a collab or something?"  :rollin

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Got confused there for a second  :lol I was like "wait is this a kamelot album named epica or an epica album named kamelot or a collab or something?"  :rollin

I might very well be mistaken, but I think Epica (the band) actually was named after this album. Becuase this album is just awesome. (I feel I've said this before.)

Anyway, as I promised, onward with the next update! The best Judas Priest album for me right here.

Sad Wings Of Destiny
Judas Priest
Genre: heavy metal

Here comes that section of list when some artist repeats are inevitable, and here goes another one, Judas Priest this time. If my first pick was probably the most controversial thing yet, this is somewhat more of established classic in people’s books, or at least I think so. The musicians were young and bold back then, and Rob Halford’s voice was much more convincing in the high-pitched screams department.

Funny enough, the only difference in the lineup between this album and Nostradamus is the drummer, on Sad Wings of Destiny drums are played by Alan Moore. Also, note that 32 years have passed between the albums. In any other case this would’ve been called something like “incredibly consistent lineup”, but we all know it, in fact, wasn’t. Anyway, Sad Wings of Destiny is musically different too. This album is nearly half as long as Nostradamus, but it defined Priest sound just fine back then. Heavy riffs, daring vocals, all this trademark stuff.

What I really like in Sad Wings of Destiny is that the album is diverse enough to stay interesting, but at the same time it’s really all the same style and sound. Be it the straightforward tracks like a bit funky The Ripper (or, if you like, Jack the Knife) or Genocide, a bit awkward tracks like Epitaph or Tyrant, you can totally tell this is Judas Priest. And of course there are two absolute classics here; one is just freaking awesome and the other is my favourite Priest song. The first is eight minutes long beast called Victim of Changes, featuring pretty standard middle paced verses in the first half followed by staccato driven bridge, flowing through guitar solo into a mellow acoustic section, and then Rob goes wild and insane with this trademark shriek of his. This moment never fails to give me chills. And the best Priest song ever is, in my opinion, Dreamer Deceiver (probably because I love ballads more than anything); it is absolutely gorgeous. The way how it builds up from slow, quiet passages to more strong, confident sections and then into this crazy “We are lost above” moment is magnificent. And don’t even get me started at all this guitar solo in the end. It’s truly brilliant.

Now, while I quite like what the band are doing today (hence Nostradamus in my list), I’m sure the band can’t pull another outstanding classic like Dreamer Deceiver or even Victim of Changes, and frankly, I’m totally fine with that. The guys aren’t that young anymore, Rob can’t do those screams, it’s all fine, I will always have this CD on my shelf to listen to. But I just wanted to say I’m glad that band carries on and releases those albums and does the tours and all that; that means I can see them live again; that means they actually enjoy what they are doing and, I’ll say this once again, that’s what truly important. 

Favourite tracks: Victim of Changes, The Ripper, Dreamer Deceiver, Prelude + Tyrant

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
Dreamer Deceiver is my #2 Priest song. It's glorious.
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni

Amazing album. Major upgrade from Rocka Rolla

I agree that Dreamer Deceiver is a glorious song; might just be Priests most underrated tune.

Victim of Changes is pure epic. I always enjoy the live versions more though.

This is the album that people starting taking notice of the power of Robs vocals

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
Great album and choice :tup
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Evermind's Top 50 list v. #25 "Seven eyes to be blind forever in time"
« Reply #198 on: January 17, 2015, 01:24:26 PM »

Which one is #1?

Amazing album. Major upgrade from Rocka Rolla

Great album and choice :tup

Thank you guys, great to see some love for this Priest record. I thought it was underrated a bit, but apparently it's not.

As I promised, we keep skimming through the updates right here. Remember how I told you how my kin is different in some ways there will be at least one band with three albums on the list? Well, here it comes, and instead of hard-rockish appearance in #32 and #31, this one is a pure power metal album, sheer brilliance right here. Yes, I'm a big fan of Avantasia. No, Sacul, I don't care they're cheese in a nutshell. Here we go.

The Metal Opera
Avantasia
Genre: power metal

And yet another repeat comes. This is the third and last time Avantasia appears in the list, for their debut album is an absolute masterpiece and the best thing they’ve ever created, thus it simply can’t be left out of this list. This album is classic conceptual power metal to the bone: fast, driving, epic and pretentious as hell, exactly how I like it. This is nothing like The Scarecrow or The Mystery of Time, even more mindblowing instead. I wonder, could Tobias imagine how great this thing will turn out to be when he started writing it? Because I’m looking at the remaining albums in my list and there are only four or five pure power metal records left higher than this one, so it’s basically a huge, outstanding achievement in the genre.

The lineup for The Metal Opera (note that I’m only talking about Part One here) was drastically different from post-2008 Avantasia albums. The singers cast included Tobias Sammet himself as the main protagonist; Michael Kiske, who was credited as Ernie in the booklet because he claimed he doesn’t sing metal anymore and didn’t want people to know he appears on this album (nice try, Michael); David DeFeis with his very random yet fitting vocal delivery; also there were Kai Hansen, Andre Matos, Oliver Hartmann, Rob Rock, Ralf Zdiarstek and Sharon den Adel. Tobias later admitted he thought he wouldn’t be able to find a capable female singer so he reduced Anna’s (the only female character in the story) parts to a minimum and regretted it immediately when he heard Sharon singing them. Oh, and also there is Timo Tolkki who did a spoken part on the last track, but since he nearly ripped off the name and the logo of the band with his Avalon (the music is total shit, don’t try it), I don’t even know why I mentioned him here. So, those were the singers, and the other cast were Henjo Richter on guitars, Markus Grosskopf on bass, Alex Holzwarth on drums, and a few guest musicians I’m too lazy to look about because this is already taking too long to write.

So well, how does this album sounds? There are quite a few songs with Tobias and Michael, as they are the main characters, so if you ever heard each one of them singing, you probably can imagine; lots of high notes, double bass and wonderful vocal melodies overall, with awesome guitar solos by Henjo. Basically the very start of Reach Out for the Light should give you an idea. It’s fascinating how every time they play it live and Michael appears with this first high note the crowd goes nuts. Well, including me. :lol Also, there is that Michael’s part in the end of Farewell, and there is actually a story behind it; when Tobias asked him to sing on the album, Kiske asked not to make him sing the extreme high-pitched vocal passages in return. So when Tobi was recording the guide vocals for Farewell for him he just shrieked and squealed those last few phrases as high as he could, intending it to be a joke; and he was quite astounded when that was exactly what Michael sung and sent him back. :lol

Alright, now I’m just skimming through all those songs, and I wanted to say that despite two best Avantasia songs aren’t on this album, I’m struggling to find anything that climactic as this epic conclusion in The Tower starting after the spoken part with “I realize…”. No other moment from the whole Avantasia material can compare with that, in my opinion. Wrapping this one up, I would add there are a lot of great albums from Avantasia (the only one I think is average is Angel of Babylon); a few masterpieces even, but if I had to pick one, ultimately best Avantasia album (and I kinda have to do it in this very list), it would be The Metal Opera. It’s a must have for any power metal fan.

Disclaimer: for the most satisfying experience you should listen to the whole album

Favourite tracks: Prelude + Reach Out for the Light, Serpents in Paradise, Farewell, Sign of the Cross, The Tower

And if you really like it, you may as well buy the gold edition, a hardback book with both the first and the second part of the opera. There are lyrics in the booklet, Tobias’ thoughts about the songs and the whole plot and interview with Tobi as of 2008 where he talks about all the vocalists participated and other things.

It’s funny how I own all the studio Avantasia albums and they’re all not jewel case packed, haha. And since I’m a fan of digipacks, this makes me happy.

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
« Reply #199 on: January 17, 2015, 03:03:55 PM »
Fuck yes. Awesome album, though I (again :P) definitely wouldn't put it over The Scarecrow.  And I actually have the same double-book for The Metal Opera, and it's pretty awesome, despite my general distaste for digipacks/books.

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #200 on: January 17, 2015, 04:00:16 PM »

Which one is #1?

Beyond the Realms of Death. Another ballad, heh.

Also The Metal Opera is good but I wouldn't put it over The Scarecrow.
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #201 on: January 17, 2015, 04:13:37 PM »

Which one is #1?

Beyond the Realms of Death. Another ballad, heh.

Yeah, right, that's the one with the killer solo.

And I actually have the same double-book for The Metal Opera, and it's pretty awesome, despite my general distaste for digipacks/books.

Well, I love digipacks/digibooks, but this one is even more awesome because it actually contains some bonus material, namely interviews and Tobi's thoughts, and I love the design making it look like some old book. Clearly some effort was put into it.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #202 on: January 17, 2015, 04:27:21 PM »
 :corn

Offline mikemangioy

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #204 on: January 18, 2015, 03:51:23 AM »
This is the third and last time Avantasia appears in the list, for their debut album is an absolute masterpiece and the best thing they’ve ever created

Absolutely agree.

This, please Sad Wings, and Kamelot's best album?  You are my hero.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Evermind's Top 50 list v. #24 "There's a picture worth a thousand words"
« Reply #205 on: January 18, 2015, 04:47:22 AM »
This, please Sad Wings, and Kamelot's best album?  You are my hero.

Well, maybe that's just a bit over the top, don't you think?  :lol

Now that we're done with obligatory Steven Wilson's appearances, let's move on to the obligatory Dream Theater appearance(s?), shall we? That won't take long, as we're still at three updates a day schedule, so it should be just fine.

Images And Words
Dream Theater
Genre: progressive metal

Here comes one of the shortest write-ups in this thread! The next record is a classic too, and perhaps appears in most of those lists here. It’s pretty much expected, after all, we’re on Dream Theater forum (no shit!), so here it comes. While it’s written “progressive metal” in the genre, it has a lot of things quite unusual. Like sax in Another Day. In fact, it’s the warmest and most inviting Dream Theater record, it just has something hopeful, comforting in it, and these attributes, obviously along with high-class musicianship and songwriting, they just force you to listen to Images and Words again and again.

Dream Theater is a progressive metal band, and, well, I’m pretty sure we can skip this part.

Well, what can I say? Except Under the Glass Moon (I’m not fond of this one), this record is perfect. From the famous hit that is Pull Me Under through such contrasting tunes as the ballad with sax appearance, this weird tune with constant tempo changes called Take the Time, and that monumental yet quite short by band’s standards epic without any verses called Metropolis pt. 1, to masterful combination of emotions and progressive goodness offered by the sequence of Wait for Sleep and Learning to Live, this album is gold. Huh, Wikipedia says it’s actually gold in USA. Great!

In fact, I’ve got quite a weird ranking for Images in Words songs in my Top 50 DT songs list; for example, Another Day is my favourite song on I&W with Wait for Sleep coming close second. But either way, Images and Words is a classic. There’s nothing else needs to be said, so now we can discuss how I omitted Take the Time and Surrounded from favourite tracks section.

Favourite tracks: Pull Me Under, Another Day, Metropolis – Part I: The Miracle and the Sleeper, Wait for Sleep, Learning to Live

I’m not sure if I’m allowed to include Youtube links for Dream Theater songs, so I decided I won’t do that. Everyone heard them anyway.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #206 on: January 18, 2015, 04:50:55 AM »
23 albums better than Images and Words?  They better be bloody good  ;D Legendary album and by far my favourite from DT and made #2 in my all time list (although that was limited to one album per artist).  Still - close enough to my favourite album ever.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #207 on: January 18, 2015, 04:53:15 AM »
This is one of the best top 50 lists I've seen.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #208 on: January 18, 2015, 04:57:52 AM »
  Wolfie's gunna start sending you love letters soon  :heart   ;D   

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #209 on: January 18, 2015, 04:58:35 AM »
23 albums better than Images and Words?  They better be bloody good  ;D

Well, in my opinion, they're bloody good, but I can't guarantee you will agree with me. Actually, I can guarantee you won't.  :biggrin:

But really, it all comes down to how much I enjoy the albums. It all depends on my mood of course, but in this case, there are 23 albums I probably enjoy more. I don't know, #23 and #24 can (and probably should) be swapped around, but #22 and #21, they are bloody damn good and I definitely would put them above I&W. I guess you'll have to wait and see.

This is one of the best top 50 lists I've seen.

Since our tastes seem quite alike, I hope you'll join my upcoming roulette when it's time then.

Wolfie's gunna start sending you love letters soon  :heart

It seems so.  :rollin