Author Topic: Dimeadozen Freeloader days  (Read 7740 times)

Offline Setlist Scotty

Dimeadozen Freeloader days
« on: December 24, 2014, 01:11:07 PM »
Hey everyone

just a head's up - happened to notice this on the front page of Dimeadozen:
We'll have freeloader days during this year's holiday season from December 24, 00:00 GMT, to January 2, 00:00 GMT. Have a wonderful holiday season and happy downloading!

So if you're looking for bootlegs or your share ratio is down, now's the time to get on there! If your ratio is really low, you might consider downloading stuff that's just been uploaded (even if you don't want it yourself) so that you can increase your share ratio. The amount you download doesn't change, but the amount you upload does.
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: Dimeadozen Freeloader days
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2014, 11:02:31 AM »
Thanks for the heads up Scott!!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2016, 01:17:58 PM »
Bump. Just a head's up for those of you bootleg collectors out there that dimeadozen is having freeloader days again, from Dec 25, 00:00 GMT, to Jan 1, 2017, 00:00 GMT.
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline pcs90

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2016, 03:03:00 PM »
Awesome! Thank you!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2016, 03:09:03 PM »
Thanks for the reminder Scott. I've been holding off on a few shows.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2017, 01:00:51 PM »
Just another reminder that the annual freeloader days on dimeadozen is almost upon us! So if you're ratio is bad, now's the time to bump it up and get some great shows in the process!

We'll have freeloader days from Dec 24, 2017 00:00 UTC, until Jan 1, 2018 00:00 UTC. Have fun!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2017, 08:52:38 PM »
Hell yes, Scott! :metal

Grabbed a half dozen Alice Cooper shows I didn't have today.

Speaking of ratio, after losing share ratio steadily over the last few years, we just switched from Verizon Fios back to Xfinity which has much better internet. I've been slowly rebuilding my share.

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2018, 07:05:49 AM »
Here's your annual reminder about freeloader days on dimeadozen:

We'll have freeloader days from Dec 24, 00:00 UTC, until Jan 1, 00:00 UTC. Have fun!

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2019, 01:14:34 AM »
Once again, here's your annual reminder about freeloader days on dimeadozen:

We'll have freeloader days from Dec 24, 00:00 UTC, until Jan 1, 00:00 UTC. Have fun!

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2019, 04:04:59 AM »
That's awesome *heads over to dimeadozen*

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2019, 01:18:52 PM »
Commenting to remember to check this out when I'm able.

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2020, 07:50:03 AM »
Just received the following message a few minutes ago:

Howdy folks,

In view of the coronavirus crisis, we want to cheer up the DIME
community a bit and will activate Freeloader Days until March 31 (00:00
CEST). Freeloader Days will start in about 30 minutes.

Have fun, stay healthy & take care!

Happy downloading everyone!

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2020, 09:08:55 AM »
Nice, time to swing by Dime

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2020, 10:07:18 AM »
Wow that’s awesome!!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2020, 10:36:57 AM »
Seems like a Dime member is dropping a number of boots on Dime if anyone is interested.

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2020, 01:53:26 PM »
Seems like a Dime member is dropping a number of boots on Dime if anyone is interested.
Seems like more than one is getting in on the action now.

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2020, 08:22:35 PM »
It's that time of year again, and because of the pandemic, Freeloader days have been extended!

*Howdy folks,

in this weird year we will have our seasonal freeloader days from December 21, 00:00 GMT, until January 3, 24:00 GMT.

Have fun and happy downloading.*

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2020, 08:25:13 PM »
Damn, I just downloaded the Mike Millard Queen '77 show last night..

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2020, 06:11:15 AM »
Damn I need to get check out what's good on Dime

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2022, 03:06:43 PM »
Got a pleasant surprise just now - turns out one of the mods of dimeadozen was just made a doctor, so to celebrate, they're doing Freeloader days for the time being (dunno how long). So take advantage of this opportunity, especially if your share ratio is on the low side!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2022, 03:09:17 PM »
Got a pleasant surprise just now - turns out one of the mods of dimeadozen was just made a doctor, so to celebrate, they're doing Freeloader days for the time being (dunno how long). So take advantage of this opportunity, especially if your share ratio is on the low side!

Ooh, that's interesting.

Only two DT shows from Europe so far....but I already grabbed them.

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2022, 08:15:12 PM »
It's that time of year again! Freeloader days started about 3 hours ago and will go until January 8 (or 7, depending on where you live). Here's the info:

Howdy folks, as usual our X-mas freeloader days will start on December 24, 00:00 GMT and last until January 8, 00:00 GMT. Happy downloading!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2022, 04:50:08 AM »
Yay! I've been making a mental list over the last few weeks. I wish I had time to listen to everything.

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2022, 06:43:13 AM »
I haven't visited dime in years, my account was deleted I guess. :/ I need to get back into collecting boots.

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2023, 07:04:07 PM »
Hey everyone - just a head's up that it's time for Freeloader Days on Dime a Dozen again.

Here are the start and end times for this year:
start on Dec 24 at 00:00 GMT and will end on Jan 8 at 00:00 GMT.

Happy downloading!  :biggrin:

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2024, 10:19:40 AM »
Good news! Freeloader days have been extended! Here's the e-mail I just got:
Howdy folks,

In order to celebrate DIME's 20th anniversary on January 10th, 2024, we will have extended Freeloader Days until January 31st, 2024, 12 PM GMT.

Have fun downloading without worrying about your share ratio – but don't forget to donate.

DIME is an old-fashioned, completely ad-free site that relies entirely on community support. Without your support, DIME will not exist!

You can always find the link to our donation options in the top level menu on each of our pages under "Donate" (you need to be logged in). If you haven't donated yet and want to support the site, consider doing so by donating a few bucks or Satoshis!

Many thanks in advance.

Take care!
erwe (& moderator team)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2024, 07:22:14 PM »
I haven't downloaded a single thing during this round of Freeloader days. Bummer.

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2024, 06:54:12 PM »
I haven't downloaded a single thing during this round of Freeloader days. Bummer.
Well you still have until the end of the month since they extended it! Time to get on it Timmay!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2024, 07:13:29 PM »
Well you still have until the end of the month since they extended it! Time to get on it Timmay!

I downloaded a show today. ;D

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2024, 05:49:08 PM »
I downloaded a show today. ;D
Yay! I'm continually downloading shows even though they may not be my thing. That way, I continue to build up my share ratio, which I bank for when somebody posts shows that I really want at other times in the year since my ability to share with others quickly diminishes after the intial posting.   ;)