Author Topic: Forgotten DT songs?  (Read 1577 times)

Offline npiazza91

Forgotten DT songs?
« on: December 17, 2014, 02:59:49 PM »
We always talk about best songs or worst songs in DT's discography, but what about the songs no one talks about on this forum?  The songs that people neither praise nor critique.  DT's had over 100 songs now and some just get lost in the shuffle, it happens with any band.  Keep in mind, this isn't underrated songs, just songs that you never hear about one way or another.  Demos don't count.  Anyway, here's my list.

Another Day: This is a great song and I don't see many people talk about this one.  If I&W comes up at all, it's usually PMU, Metropolis or LTL, with TTT, and Surrounded also receiving a bit of praise.

Wait For Sleep- I never hear about this song.  It's not bad in my opinion, but I get why I never hear of it...there's not much to dissect in it.

6:00- The most forgotten song off Awake in my opinion.

The Silent Man- I always hear of LSOAD over this one.

New Millenium- Decent song but I never hear about it.

Take Away My Pain- Never hear about this one either.

Anna Lee- Or this one.  It's a shame because this song is amazing.

Strange Deja Vu- Criminally underrated song that I hear nothing about.  One of the best on SFAM.

One Last Time- Same with SDV, I love this song, it compliments FF quite nicely.

Misunderstood- I always hear about 6D, but never Misunderstood for some reason.

The Great Debate- Great song that I never hear anyone talk about.

Disappear- I think I've heard someone mention this song once.

The Answer Lies Within- Seems to get overshadowed by Octavarium (the song).

Never Enough- Same as TALW.

Wither- Out of the 6 songs on this album, I hear about Wither the least

Outcry- I always hear about BAI and BITS, but never Outcry.  It's a shame because this song is great.

Far From Heaven- There's a lot of ballads on this album and I guess FFH gets lost in the shuffle of them.

The Looking Glass- Such a great song but I never hear people talk about it here.

Remember, this is just an opinion.  Feel free to post your own.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Forgotten DT songs?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 03:54:58 PM »
With the exception of Strange Deja Vu, I think everyone of these has their own thread.

I personally like quite a lot of those and Misunderstood and Disappear are both top 20 songs for me.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 04:01:07 PM »
I think chaossytem hacked npiazza's account.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline chaossystem

• We're on to your agenda, the dead-end road to nowhere.
  • Chapters unfinished, fading
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2014, 04:05:05 PM »

BITE ME!
I can't stop the world from turning around, or the pull of the moon on the tide, but I don't believe that we're in this alone, I believe we're along for the ride...

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2014, 04:05:56 PM »
 :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2014, 04:07:09 PM »
The fact that you never hear about them doesn't mean they're not spoken about.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2014, 04:07:50 PM »
"Resurrection of Ernie", "The School Song" and "Cry For Freedom" come to mind.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline TheGreatPretender

• The Second Dancing Turtle
  • You are reading these words.
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2014, 04:10:44 PM »
I don't think any of those are forgotten. Heck, even the non-album obscure stuff gets enough mention around here.

Some of those, Strage Deja-Vu for example, gets a ton of universal love around here. It's just that, if everyone just loves it, there's little potential of discussion. What are we gonna say? "That's a great song." "This." "This." "This." Quote pyramid central.  :lol
"How's that for a slice of fried gold?"

Offline Rodni Demental

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2014, 04:25:01 PM »
While I agree a bunch of those songs aren't talked about much, they all have somewhat of a reputation if not infamous to an extent.

6:00, New Millennium, Anna Lee, Misunderstood, The Great Debate, The Answer Lies Within are all favourites of mine actually. I think you'll mind most people here probably have a chunk of those songs that they actually quite like, even if not as widely appreciated by the whole fanbase.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 04:38:08 PM by Rodni Demental »

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2014, 04:26:03 PM »
6:00 is top 5 on Awake for me at least (behind Voices, The Mirror, Scarred... and that's it yeah)
Disappear is a top 5 all-DT song for me, too. Misunderstood and Far From Heaven are both fantastic as well.

Offline TheGreatPretender

• The Second Dancing Turtle
  • You are reading these words.
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2014, 04:30:05 PM »
6:00 is top 5 on Awake for me at least (behind Voices, The Mirror, Scarred... and that's it yeah)
Disappear is a top 5 all-DT song for me, too. Misunderstood and Far From Heaven are both fantastic as well.

I find 6:00 to be one of the most talked about Awake songs, right up there with SDV, Voices and The Mirror.
"How's that for a slice of fried gold?"

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2014, 04:40:31 PM »

This.  And all of these songs are talked about all the time.  No need for another thread.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."