Author Topic: Marc's 25 Days of Christmas Music  (Read 2502 times)

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Marc's 25 Days of Christmas Music
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2014, 09:02:27 PM »
That residential Christmas light video with TSO music is awesome.

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2014, 08:31:24 AM »
Better.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online The Letter M

« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2014, 04:04:57 PM »
I missed the last couple of days, so here's one song to make up for both...

Days 11-12: "The 12 Days Of Christmas" by Bela Fleck & The Flecktones

Another favorite of mine from the Flecktones' Christmas album, Jingle All The Way, they take the classic tune and do it in only the way they can! Each day is done in a different, ascending chromatic key with a corresponding meter for each day, along with changing the style of song for each day. It's bloody brilliant and i love it so much, one of the most musically clever and innovative covers of a Christmas tune I've ever heard!

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2014, 06:36:31 AM »
 :tup  Yeah, that's great.  Bela Fleck can do no wrong.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2014, 08:43:03 AM »
Hey, you owe me a couple of days here!

Online The Letter M

« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2014, 11:37:03 AM »
Hey, you owe me a couple of days here!

Sorry about that! I know I'm six days/song behind, but work picked up a bit and this has slipped my mind since the 12th. I'll post a few later today/tonight when I get home from work!

To start, here's one from the Prog World Orchestra (aka Neal Morse and friends) - "Frankincense"

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2014, 12:51:46 PM »

Track List:

"We Wish You A Merry Xmas" ( Jeff Scott Soto / Bruce Kulick / Bob Kulick / Chris Wyse / Ray Luzier )
"Santa Claws is Coming to Town" ( Alice Cooper / John 5 / Billy Sheehan / Vinny Appice )
"Run Rudolph Run" ( Lemmy / Billy F. Gibbons / Dave Grohl )
"God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" ( Ronnie James Dio / Tony Iommi / Rudy Sarzo / Simon Wright )
"Little Drummer Boy" ( Doug Pinnick / George Lynch / Billy Sheehan / Simon Phillips )
"Santa Claus Is Back in Town" ( Tim "Ripper" Owens / Steve Morse / Juan Garcia / Marco Mendoza / Vinny Appice )
"Silent Night" ( Chuck Billy / Scott Ian / Jon Donais / Chris Wyse / John Tempesta )
"Silver Bells" ( Geoff Tate / Carlos Cavazo / James Lomenzo / Ray Luzier )
"Deck the Halls" ( Oni Logan / Craig Goldy / Tony Franklin / John Tempesta )
"Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer" ( Stephen Pearcy / Tracii Guns / Bob Kulick / Billy Sheehan / Greg Bissonette )
"Rocking Around the Xmas Tree" ( Joe Lynn Turner / Bruce Kulick / Bob Kulick / Rudy Sarzo / Simon Wright )
"Happy Xmas (War Is Over)" ( Tommy Shaw / Steve Lukather / Marco Mendoza / Kenny Aronoff )

:omg: The Run Rudolph Run is completely awesome!!   :lol  :lol
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2014, 07:55:47 PM »
Just listening to that disc, great Christmas music for the whole family to enjoy

The Ripper, Dio, Cooper and Soto songs are the standouts for me.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2014, 01:13:42 AM »
Just listening to that disc, great Christmas music for the whole family to enjoy

My dad got offended at the mere description of that version of Silent Night, so perhaps not the whole family. :lol If he wasn't around, that disc is what I'd be cranking at Christmas lunch. :metal
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline T-ski

« Reply #44 on: December 24, 2014, 11:08:03 AM »
this thread failed to deliver, just like Santa.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Online The Letter M

« Reply #45 on: December 24, 2014, 12:12:08 PM »
:lol :facepalm:

Sorry, I was having a harder time coming up with enough songs that I'd like to share, and sooner or later, they'd all mostly come from the same 3-4 albums anyway.

At any rate, this thread wasn't generating a lot of discussion, so I often forgot about it anyway. My bad, folks. Well, I guess I can share at least one more song in here since it's still only Christmas Eve (here, that is).

"Silent Night" by The December People
This Christmas classic is done up in the style of Pink Floyd, and I have to say, this is one of my favorites by The December People. The band-style choice fits perfectly with the song, IMO, and the performances are pretty great, including the sax and choir.

-Marc.

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #46 on: December 25, 2014, 04:35:50 AM »

Sorry, I was having a harder time coming up with enough songs that I'd like to share, and sooner or later, they'd all mostly come from the same 3-4 albums anyway.
You know that there is a lot of great Christmas music out there, right?

Online The Letter M

« Reply #47 on: December 25, 2014, 09:22:54 AM »

You know that there is a lot of great Christmas music out there, right?

Oh I'm sure there is, I just haven't gotten around to it all. I'm glad some of the posters in this thread have shared some with everyone, and I'm thankful for that. I guess I just thought I'd be able to fill up 25 days-worth of music but I couldn't. Maybe someone else can do this next year? :rollin

If anything, it was a fun way to share some Christmas and Christmas-related tunes with everyone.

-Marc.