Poll

Vote for your LEAST favorite!

Open Up Your Eyes
9 (50%)
Mask Machine
9 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: November 27, 2014, 09:20:59 PM

Author Topic: Flying Colors Survivor 2014 - Second Nature (Round 6 - TIE-BREAKER!!!)  (Read 871 times)

Offline The Letter M

Second Nature
Open Up Your Eyes
Mask Machine
Peaceful Harbor
Cosmic Symphony

Round 6's Results:
Open Up Your Eyes 6 (33.3%)
Mask Machine 6 (33.3%)
Peaceful Harbor 3 (16.7%)
Cosmic Symphony 3 (16.7%)

5. A Place In Your World
6. The Fury Of My Love
7. One Love Forever
8. Lost Without You
9. Bombs Away

This is a ONE-DAY ROUND, folks, and the loser will go to 4th place while the winner will go to 3rd place, putting up against "Forever In A Daze" for a two-day Consolation Round. The remaining two songs, "Peaceful Harbor" and "Cosmic Symphony" will go to Finals, but I'll hold a one-day round to decide the winner of the album's survivor. After that and the Consolation round, the FINALS will begin!

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
Re: Flying Colors Survivor 2014 - Second Nature (Round 6 - TIE-BREAKER!!!)
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2014, 11:43:34 PM »
As much as it pains me, I had to vote for Open Up Your Eyes. It's a great song, really grown on me in the months since release. But Mask Machine is my number 1.

Also, doesn't the survivor of this round normally play the other songs for Consolation?

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2014, 11:52:08 PM »
Open Up Your Eyes should have gone a long time ago.
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2014, 11:55:21 PM »
Mask Machine should have gone a long time ago.

Offline Mladen

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2014, 02:08:37 AM »
And I mean LOOOONG time ago. This survivor is failing on all cylinders...

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2014, 05:35:09 AM »
Open up your eyes
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2014, 05:37:24 AM »
Mask Machine
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline ThatOneGuy2112

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2014, 07:55:23 AM »
And I mean LOOOONG time ago. This survivor is failing on all cylinders...

OUYE is easily in the top 3 of the album. I don't know what you people are smoking.

Voting on Mask Machine on this one.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2014, 09:52:21 AM »
As much as it pains me, I had to vote for Open Up Your Eyes. It's a great song, really grown on me in the months since release. But Mask Machine is my number 1.

Also, doesn't the survivor of this round normally play the other songs for Consolation?

I thought about that and I'm conflicted. On one hand, I have a feeling that, whichever song wins THIS round and goes on to the next would just get voted out in the next round anyway (be it MM or OUYE), leaving PH and CS to move on to the final round and the Finals.

If anyone else feels that I should do a proper next-round, PLEASE post here and let me know. Otherwise, I may go with my plan of just pushing the Winner of THIS round to automatic third place.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2014, 09:33:55 PM »
Well...this was unprecedented. A tie at the end of a tie-breaker round. This wouldn't be so much of a problem if this didn't decide the Top 3 or which song would go to consolation, but...I'm not sure how to deal with this. Holding another round to break the tie would likely result in the same results, especially since these two songs have tied together TWICE now in the last two rounds.

I could just make BOTH songs go to Consolation up against "Forever In A Daze" and see which of those 3 songs makes it to the Finals, then just continue with the last round of SN between CS and PH.

Thoughts? I'll hold off until the next round tomorrow morning/afternoon, hopefully after some responses are posted here for ideas/suggestions, and after I sleep on this decision over night.

-Marc.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2014, 09:36:00 PM »
Just put them both in Consolation then I guess. That's my vote.

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2014, 12:04:12 AM »
Just put the better song (Mask Machine) in the consolation round

I guess sending both to consolation would be the reasonable move.
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline Mladen

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2014, 04:13:17 AM »
What they said.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2014, 06:38:02 AM »
It's your survivor.  Pick one.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2014, 08:53:16 AM »
Well...this was unprecedented. A tie at the end of a tie-breaker round. This wouldn't be so much of a problem if this didn't decide the Top 3 or which song would go to consolation, but...I'm not sure how to deal with this. Holding another round to break the tie would likely result in the same results, especially since these two songs have tied together TWICE now in the last two rounds.

I could just make BOTH songs go to Consolation up against "Forever In A Daze" and see which of those 3 songs makes it to the Finals, then just continue with the last round of SN between CS and PH.

Thoughts? I'll hold off until the next round tomorrow morning/afternoon, hopefully after some responses are posted here for ideas/suggestions, and after I sleep on this decision over night.

-Marc.
I actually prefer doing it the other way, and I know others do it the other way too (i.e. if a round goes to tie-break, then both songs get eliminated and the tie-break simply determines where each places in the ranking), so I was surprised that you put through OUYE at all two rounds ago. It's come joint last twice in a row so I think it should definitely go.

As the tie-break was still a draw, I agree that it probably makes sense to put both songs through to the consolation.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline RoeDent

« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2014, 09:28:54 AM »

-Marc.

What about adding the number of votes these songs have got in all the rounds so far? Whichever is highest goes out.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2014, 10:21:04 AM »

-Marc.

What about adding the number of votes these songs have got in all the rounds so far? Whichever is highest goes out.

Not counting Tie-Breaker rounds, this would put OUYE with a total of 23 votes against MM's 16. The album's opening track had consistently gotten 2 or more votes each round since the start of the survivor, so that's an idea.

I also thought about just allowing BOTH songs to advance to the Consolation Survivor, and then giving "Kayla" a 2nd chance as it was the 4th place song in the first album's survivor. In that case, both "Open Up Your Eyes" and "Mask Machine" would square off against "Forever In A Daze" and "Kayla" in the Consolation Survivor, which would then be 3 rounds instead of 1, to decide ONE winner out of FOUR songs, where the winning song would go up against the top two of each album.

-Marc.

Offline RoeDent

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2014, 02:32:22 PM »
I have to say, that would be a very good Consolation line-up. Better than the Finals, if I'm being honest.