Author Topic: Zune Users Come Hither!  (Read 16516 times)

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Maurice Moss: Cooler than you
Zune Users Come Hither!
« on: August 08, 2009, 04:15:51 PM »
The Zune is superior to the iPod. End of discussion

Post your social usernames and whatnot.

NOTMyung2112

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
Re: Zune Users Come Hither!
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2009, 04:24:21 PM »
It was until it bricked. My Zune has given me more grief than any other piece of equipment I've ever owned.
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2009, 04:36:56 PM »
Would you like to explain why?
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2009, 04:37:16 PM »
Most things are better than iPods. Unfortunately, Apple seem to be one of the only companies making reliable large-capacity portable media players without charging an absurd amount of money.

Which is why I'm waiting before I buy anything until someone else releases one!

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2009, 04:37:40 PM »
I've used both and I <3 my Zune, though syncing it is a bitch.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2009, 04:39:59 PM »
I would really like a little more explanation than that.

I want to buy a portable media player with a large memory (I got 35 GB of music).
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2009, 04:49:02 PM »
I would really like a little more explanation than that.
I just like the interface more than the iPod interface. I also like the fact that it has an FM tuner, games, and wifi.

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2009, 04:57:29 PM »
I own the 80 GB Zune, and first of all, it was cheaper than the comparable iPod by about 50 bucks. Second, I don't know how your Zune is giving you grief Guitarded, but I've never had any problems at all with mine. It plays well, and syncing it isn't terrible. Using the Zune software is really easy. It has a wider screen, which is fantastic for video. I really need to upgrade to the 120 GB (I acquired TONS of bootlegs since I got this one).

I've used iPods before. iTunes, when I had first downloaded it, made duplicates of each of my music files, doubling the space taken up on my hard drive. As an Apple product, it kept giving me the option to get other Apple products, and every time I click no, it kept offering. So I sold the iPod and got a Creative Zen (which is awesome, but not as good as the Zune). Then the Zune was released, and I jumped on that.

My only complaint for the Zune is the lack of peripherals. Everything is "made for iPod". Damn you, Apple.

Offline AcidLameLTE

• Nae deal pal
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2009, 04:58:29 PM »
I had no problems with my 80GB Zune.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2009, 05:11:03 PM »
Same. Been loving it for over a year and a half. Never had much experience with an iPod but iTunes was enough to turn me off.

Offline antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2009, 05:24:00 PM »
I use an iPod but once the Zune HD comes out I'm going to be very tempted to switch (if I ever stop using my mac, that is)

Offline sonatafanica

• cocksucking maniac
  • DTF.org Member
  • ☠☠☠☠☠☠jesus take the wheel☠☠☠☠☠☠
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2009, 05:35:23 PM »
I have one of the original Zune 30's, and I have to say I am absolutely in love with all that Zune has to offer.

It can support many different audio types and ranges of quality, which is what makes it perfect for me.

Zune Social = Arctican

Offline Pyroph

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2009, 05:41:59 PM »
Zune: Pyroph

Offline faemir

• Official DTF 5.0 mix HATER
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2009, 06:46:03 PM »

Wait a sec, you imported a Zune?

Offline Demi Zenith

• DT.net Member
  • Somewhere far beyond your reality
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2009, 06:48:16 PM »
I plan on getting a new mp3 player and thought I'd get a Zune since I don't want an iPod. Any suggestions for model?

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2009, 06:49:50 PM »
I plan on getting a new mp3 player and thought I'd get a Zune since I don't want an iPod. Any suggestions for model?

About how much space do you need?

Offline j

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2009, 08:15:20 PM »
I've had one of each.  Hated my iPod, love my Zune.  I have no allegiances to Apple OR Microsoft, and am not a fan of either, but I figured one or both of them could put out a solid portable mp3 player.  What follows is my own experience; I realize there are tens of millions of people who absolutely *love* their iPods.

iTunes is garbage, and I hate the damn circle thing you have to slide your thumb around.  That may be the dumbest "innovation" in the history of mankind.  My iPod's battery went to shit after less than a year, and I didn't bother replacing it.  The sound would always randomly turn way up and down, scaring the shit out of me at times.   :lol

My Zune has yet to cause me any real problems.  I much prefer the interface of the Zune software, but I have found it to be just as buggy as iTunes.

The lack of decent Zune-compatible peripherals is a good point, however.

-J

Offline Demi Zenith

• DT.net Member
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2009, 08:26:10 PM »

About how much space do you need?

I'm currently getting by on 30GB but I'm gonna want a decent upgrade from that. How many different types of Zune are there anyway? I should do some research, but I've been holding off until I actually start getting some real money.

Offline antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2009, 08:27:14 PM »
I have a question: Everyone says iTunes is terrible, awful shitty, whatever. What exactly is wrong with it? I've used it on my Mac for 5 years and I have no problem with it. Is it a Windows thing?

Offline sonatafanica

• cocksucking maniac
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2009, 08:28:33 PM »
I've used iTunes before and think it's fine. I very much prefer the Zune software and features, though.

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2009, 08:29:10 PM »
Well, I have the 80 Gig, but that's been discontinued, though you can probably find it on ebay. The standard is now a 120 Gig. If you have a lot of video, this is the way to go. I'm not sure how much it is... Last time I was at Best Buy it was about 250 USD (not sure about where you live Demi). The other models are 16, 8, and 4 gig I believe. Personally, I recommend you try and find an 80 gig if you can. 120 seems excessive to me

Offline sonatafanica

• cocksucking maniac
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2009, 08:32:57 PM »
I would recommend waiting for the HDs to come out, then see what capacity models they have.

Offline Demi Zenith

• DT.net Member
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2009, 08:34:10 PM »
Oh, those aren't out yet? I remember hearing about those a while back and being interested. Yeah, I'll definitely wait to see what those are like for sure.

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2009, 08:35:49 PM »
They'll probably be far more expensive... and personally, I don't see a need for portable HD.

So I'll keep using my current Zune until it dies (or I amass much more music) :)

Offline Volk9

• DTF's Representative of the Negro Community
  • Pokeballs got nothin' on this
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2009, 09:31:47 PM »
Well I had an original Zune30gb, but last month it got this error that made it useless (sittin on my dresser;dead). So instead of paying over $100 to repair it, I upgraded to the 120gb 2nd generation one (bought off ebay for $230) and im loving it!
DOWNLOAD MY FREE NEW ALBUM!

(For fans of breakbeat, trip hop, acid jazz, etc)

https://abstractinthesky.com/

<br />Yeah, once you graduate high school, you need to listen to Death Metal like an adult.<br />

Offline AcidLameLTE

• Nae deal pal
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2009, 01:46:05 AM »

Wait a sec, you imported a Zune?
I just bought it off Ebay (UK). There is also various sites that let you buy Zune stuff in the UK.

If you want to sign up for Zune Social, just make a fake account Hotmail account where it says you live in America and either get an American to sign up for you (since Zune's signup page blocks all IPs outside of Amerca) or find an American proxy server to use.

Offline TL

« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2009, 01:09:02 PM »
I have a Zune 120GB, and I wouldn't think of switching to any other player.
It has a ton of storage, it has great sound quality, the Zune software provides a very nice organizational setup for my music library, and the screen is fantastic for videos, and even the album art. It's been a very reliable player so far as well, having had it for nearly a year.

Offline brakkum

• DT.net Member
  • Bass Boy
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2009, 01:14:21 PM »
My iPod 80 GB has worked great for over 2.5 years. I'm content. I only need it for listening to music, and maybe watching a movie on a road trip, so im perfectly fine with not having any weird bells and whistles.
https://concertculture.blogspot.com/

https://brakmusic.tumblr.com/

And on the 8th day, God created Dream Theater. God then proceeded to rock out with his cock out.

Online Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2009, 05:18:01 PM »
I had an iPod for about 2.5 years, and I barely used it. Once I started using it more frequently, the screen just went out and the sound got bad. It just sucked. Also, iTunes in general is such a stupid music player. I can't pinpoint why, but I hated it, and it was slow as well.

At the request of Lasers, I bought an 8GB Zune. It is sooooooo much better. I got it last year, and I have used it a ton at the gym, college, and walking around my neighborhood. It's easy to navigate in both touch and onscreen navigation, and the Zune software is great.

My only two complaints, as already mentioned:

1. Syncing can be (but is not always) a pain. That may be the only thing that makes iTunes preferable.

2. The lack of Zune-related peripheral devices. I would love a hook up for my car or a stereo that can play it.

Offline TL

« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2009, 05:36:47 PM »
The lack of Zune-related peripheral devices. I would love a hook up for my car or a stereo that can play it.
This. Though it's true that I can still hook it into my car's sound system with an adapter that hooks into the headphone jack, it would be nice to have something I could use to hook it in through the USB. Having it charge while driving and having slightly higher sound quality would be nice.

Offline Shadoshi

• Slave of Dimitrius
  • Co-dependent much?
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2009, 06:10:56 PM »
I have an original 30 GB. I like it a lot. Syncing is a bitch indeed, and the software is bland and useless compared to most, but the device itself is a God, which is really all that matters anyway.

Social: Prog&Moog

(Though to be fair, I'm not sure what the point of the social is, as I've never used it)

Offline brakkum

• DT.net Member
  • Bass Boy
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2009, 06:32:03 PM »
whats the complaints against iTunes? i've never really had problems with it.
https://concertculture.blogspot.com/

https://brakmusic.tumblr.com/

And on the 8th day, God created Dream Theater. God then proceeded to rock out with his cock out.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2009, 07:30:41 PM »
It's a clunky, bloated RAM hog. Plus it forces you to install Quicktime for some reason I have yet to figure out in order to use it.

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2009, 08:13:54 PM »
I have an original 30 GB. I like it a lot. Syncing is a bitch indeed, and the software is bland and useless compared to most, but the device itself is a God, which is really all that matters anyway.

Social: Prog&Moog

(Though to be fair, I'm not sure what the point of the social is, as I've never used it)

You can look at friends music, and others who have similar tastes. It's like getting suggestions without actually talking to people. And you can share tracks temporarily, but I think you have to be in close proximity to another Zune

And I'm looking for you on the Social but can't seem to find your tag

Offline 5

• Serial thread killer
  • DT.net Member
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2009, 10:13:37 PM »
It's a clunky, bloated RAM hog. Plus it forces you to install Quicktime for some reason I have yet to figure out in order to use it.

I think Apple did this deliberately, mac version is very fast and reliable (and I don't even have a mac, I run leopard on a pc).