Author Topic: German Scientists Prove Life After Death  (Read 1542 times)

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
German Scientists Prove Life After Death
« on: November 17, 2014, 07:10:54 AM »
Anyone else hear about this? I've heard several people mention it in the last few days.

http://worldnewsdailyreport.com/german-scientists-prove-there-is-life-after-death/

This controversial process that was repeated on 944 volunteers over that last four years, necessitates a complex mixture of drugs including epinephrine and dimethyltryptamine, destined to allow the body to survive the state of clinical death and the reanimation process without damage. The body of the subject was then put into a temporary comatic state induced by a mixture of other drugs which had to be filtered by ozone from his blood during the reanimation process 18 minutes later. - See more at: http://worldnewsdailyreport.com/german-scientists-prove-there-is-life-after-death/#sthash.h6HTSOxb.dpuf

My thing is... No matter how much these scientists are simulating death, the person isn't dead. It says the subjects were put into a temporary comatic state. Doesn't your brain still function when you're in a coma? I don't mean function like it does when you're not in a coma, but if brain in a coma was hooked to a machine, there would still be signs of electrical activity, no?

The article says "Most common memories include a feeling of detachment from the body, feelings of levitation, total serenity, security, warmth, the experience of absolute dissolution, and the presence of an overwhelming light" ... In other words, the subjects experienced the same things as millions of other people do every night when they dream.

I want to know more about this experiment.

Online BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
    • BlobVanDam's 3D Portfolio
Re: German Scientists Prove Life After Death
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 07:34:13 AM »
Their conclusion doesn't sound at all scientific to me. These stories are common with near death experiences, and I've seen the logical explanations that are much more mundane. I don't think this is anything new, they've just done it on a repeatable and larger scale, and the evidence is still subjective.
I think the fact these people had the same experience regardless of faith etc is more proof that it's due to the biological processes happening in the body and brain under the same circumstances, rather than anything other worldly going on.

Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 07:56:50 AM »
Agreed.

Offline El Barto

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2014, 08:16:28 AM »
I wonder how many of them saw aliens and shit the bed.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2014, 11:32:59 AM »
I did just reading the article.  ;)

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2014, 01:49:54 PM »
When did WorldNewsDailyReport.com become peer reviewed?

That's what I thought.

Offline Scheavo

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2014, 10:02:29 AM »
Well DMT will certainly make you have a "death-like" experience. It's silly to say that such things prove an afterlife, but it's pretty undeniable it's an other-worldly experience.

Offline Jaffa

• Just Jaffa
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2014, 11:13:36 PM »
Yeah, they seem to be jumping to some pretty shaky conclusions, to me.  I mean, the entire 'study' seems to be based on the testimony of people who were drugged into comas to simulate clinical death.  Hardly a rock solid foundation if you ask me. 
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 11:42:33 PM by Jaffa »
Sincerely,
Jaffa

Offline El Barto

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2014, 08:29:25 AM »
Yeah, they seem to be jumping to some pretty shaky conclusions, to me.  I mean, the entire 'study' seems to be based on the testimony of people who were drugged into comas to simulate clinical death.  Hardly a rock solid foundation if you ask me.
Not only drugged into comas, but given a pretty heavy drug that's known to cause the exact sorts of hallucinations these people experienced.

And I guess nobody got my reference.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Scheavo

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2014, 10:36:53 AM »
I wouldn't say no body...

And the fact that it's known for these experiences is interesting in and off itself. Nothing proven or provable, but it's a very fascinating thing to consider philosophically, especially with evolutionary theory. Why on earth would the chemical cause everybody to experience the same thing, which is unlike anything otherwise experienced, which arguably matches the circumstances in which it's used? It's very odd.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Whiskey Bent and Hell Bound
  • Global Moderator
  • RIP Dad 1943-2010
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2014, 10:38:32 AM »
I'm not sure how life after death could actually be "proved."  These people aren't dead, so they aren't experiencing life after death.  They are experiencing. . . life.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline El Barto

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2014, 10:58:07 AM »
I wouldn't say no body...

And the fact that it's known for these experiences is interesting in and off itself. Nothing proven or provable, but it's a very fascinating thing to consider philosophically, especially with evolutionary theory. Why on earth would the chemical cause everybody to experience the same thing, which is unlike anything otherwise experienced, which arguably matches the circumstances in which it's used? It's very odd.
Yeah, I've definitely found that fascinating as well. It really is telling about how unexplored the psyche is. Don't have any firsthand knowledge of it, though that might well change at some point.
E.F. Benson

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2014, 11:15:05 AM »
Why on earth would the chemical cause everybody to experience the same thing, which is unlike anything otherwise experienced, which arguably matches the circumstances in which it's used? It's very odd.

The same chemicals in everyone's brains trigger anger, happiness, sadness, and fear. Drugs like heroin, ecstasy, and LSD have the same effects on everyone. Excessive alcohol gets everyone drunk and stupid. It is because of evolution that all of our brains react the same way to the same chemicals (not including those with brain deformities).

Offline El Barto

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2014, 11:40:49 AM »
Why on earth would the chemical cause everybody to experience the same thing, which is unlike anything otherwise experienced, which arguably matches the circumstances in which it's used? It's very odd.

The same chemicals in everyone's brains trigger anger, happiness, sadness, and fear. Drugs like heroin, ecstasy, and LSD have the same effects on everyone. Excessive alcohol gets everyone drunk and stupid. It is because of evolution that all of our brains react the same way to the same chemicals (not including those with brain deformities).
We're talking about very specific experiences here. A bottle of tequila might make everybody violent, but when it becomes super-weird is when that same bottle of tequila makes everybody violent because they're trying to break of a knife-fight between Jesus and Carrot Top.
E.F. Benson

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2014, 01:35:59 PM »
Just curious... Has anyone else here watched a documentary (it's on Netflix) called DMT: The Spirit Molecule ??

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2014, 09:08:51 AM »

We're talking about very specific experiences here. A bottle of tequila might make everybody violent, but when it becomes super-weird is when that same bottle of tequila makes everybody violent because they're trying to break of a knife-fight between Jesus and Carrot Top.

... a knife fight I'd pay to see, BTW.

But I think you don't even have to get that specific to find the gaps in Chino's stereotyping.   The same chemicals DON'T trigger the same responses (or at least, if they do, they manifest in different ways).  If you know any person that turns into a mean drunk and any person that turns into a horny drunk (and some both, depending on the day and the drunk) then you know whereof I speak. 

Offline Nick

• Call Kenny Loggins
  • Global Moderator
  • Cause you're in the danger zone
    • My Radio Show!
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2014, 09:53:27 AM »
I even know a person who turns into a falls off balconies drunk.

Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • I'M CAPTAIN KIRK!!!!!!!!!!!
    • The ANABASIS
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2014, 10:36:12 AM »
I even know a person who turns into a falls off balconies drunk.

Well played, sir.  Very well played  :tup