Author Topic: Curiosity by TDS and the Cosmicwx Orchestra  (Read 912 times)

Offline cosmicwxdude

Curiosity by TDS and the Cosmicwx Orchestra
« on: November 07, 2014, 06:31:36 AM »
Dudes and Dudettes,  I have created what I believe to be a fairly strong song here.  No distinct rules in my music writing;  I assemble a good chord progression and build the song from there.  I especially like the last 1/2 of this song. 

When laying down the individual parts, bass, keys, guitars etc... I focus on those individual parts based on the chord progression and come up with a bass line that helps drive the rhythm. Once i have the core of the song complete I begin work on lead parts and vocal constructs. 

I love writing music.  I am a self taught musician but have been playing for many years but only recently adapted to bass and some lead guitar these past few years and I record with a simple Tascam 8 track digital. I would like to and plan on getting some better studio recording equip and getting better at my craft.  I thoroughly enjoy writing songs/producing music and making something out of nothing. I do some jamming with friends and we play live occasionally but I  wouldn't mind being in a 'real band' again.

Music writing is always an interesting journey with the results sometimes good, sometimes not so good....this song I consider pretty good.  Have a listen. All constructive criticism accepted with open arms.
 :metal
Thanks!

Curiosity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j79M9Mx8nIU

Offline cosmicwxdude

Re: Curiosity by TDS and the Cosmicwx Orchestra
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2014, 06:54:49 AM »
Yeah, the video is just a vehicle to get it on youtube.  Nothing real special just a montage of my photos and a typo  :lol