Author Topic: Devin Townsend v. Offer Your Posts  (Read 226519 times)

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
Re: Devin Townsend v. Coffee Loving Sock Puppet 2
« Reply #140 on: November 26, 2014, 12:27:30 AM »
Oh SHIT, I DO remember that... Damn it, that's right, I deleted that one and got a better quality leak and totally forgot about that. That's exactly what he says. INTERESTING!

Maybe Devy figured it's obvious at this point that he's real. I mean...they turn all the humans into buttheads and fight for Earth so, it's kinda self-explanatory at this point. But I did like that part.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • The Sloth Rules
« Reply #141 on: November 26, 2014, 12:38:19 AM »
I kept the leaked version because of all the differences.
So I have:
2 versions of Sky Blue(Leaked and Official)
and 3 Versions of Dark Matters(Leaked, Official, and Raw)

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #142 on: November 26, 2014, 12:50:23 AM »
I do as well but apparently I have a leaked version that was in between the original and the final. There's some differences in the mastering, and the obvious Fallout difference, but my Dark Matters, while sonically different, is mostly the same. Perhaps only my DM is the 'leaked official'. Anyway, I previously had that one and remember that very clearly, and now I kinda wish I had it again. I'm not so keen on audio differences and I love both SB and DM in their final master versions but it'd be cool to have that extra bit of audio.

I also remember thinking how weird it was that he actually says 'zed squared'. Is that like...'a thing'? Saying 'Z' as 'zed'? The 'squared' part isn't too weird, although I would have just said 'two', but 'zed'? Hrm.

Have you noticed anything else different? I obviously can't recall very well unless I'm reminded of it. One of those things.

RIP DTP.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • The Sloth Rules
« Reply #143 on: November 26, 2014, 01:02:50 AM »
Another big one is on Silent Militia.
The leaked version goes synth->guitar chugging->"SILENT MILITIA!"
The official version has an a capella version of the chorus at the start followed by guitar chugging then "SILENT MIILITIA!"

Can't really think of any others at the moment. I've kinda overplayed both discs to death so I need a break

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #144 on: November 26, 2014, 01:11:24 AM »
I reached that point recently as well. Still love 'em to death but I'm on the verge of becoming Devy'd-out. Man, I need to search for that leak for when I get the urge to listen again. *runs off*

RIP DTP.

Offline JRundquist

• That Drummer Guy
« Reply #145 on: November 26, 2014, 01:12:26 AM »
Just got back from seeing Dev and Co. in Minneapolis. Amazing show, the new songs sound so tight live and the classics are as awesome as ever.

The best part of the night for me was after the whole show was done and getting to hang out with RVP for a while and catch up on old times. He really is one of the greatest guys in music:

That Drummer Guy's Reviews, Interviews, Playlists, Radio Shows, & Social Media:
https://www.thatdrummerguy.com

Offline PROGdrummer

« Reply #146 on: November 26, 2014, 08:10:50 AM »
I also remember thinking how weird it was that he actually says 'zed squared'. Is that like...'a thing'? Saying 'Z' as 'zed'? The 'squared' part isn't too weird, although I would have just said 'two', but 'zed'? Hrm.

Have you noticed anything else different? I obviously can't recall very well unless I'm reminded of it. One of those things.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zed

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #147 on: November 26, 2014, 10:40:51 AM »
Nice!  :tup

I don't know why this just randomly occurred to me but I also remember in Men In Black, they did the same thing with 'Zed'...'Z'. Grool.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 10:49:14 AM by TioJorge »

RIP DTP.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • The Sloth Rules
« Reply #148 on: November 26, 2014, 03:14:52 PM »
I'm sure this is way too early to be asking this, but do you guys think we'll ever get a Z3?

The end of Dark Matters certainly sets it up, but do you think Devin has another album like this in him?

Offline PROGdrummer

« Reply #149 on: November 26, 2014, 07:59:19 PM »
If anyone's interested, Devin Townsend and Animals As Leaders streaming live concert available for viewing FREE now at https://www.toontrack.com/live-streaming-concert/

Offline WebRaider

• Like What You Like, People...
« Reply #150 on: November 26, 2014, 09:55:43 PM »
If anyone's interested, Devin Townsend and Animals As Leaders streaming live concert available for viewing FREE now at https://www.toontrack.com/live-streaming-concert/

NIIIIIIIICEEE!!!!  :metal

Offline Scard

• Custom Title
  • RORORO
« Reply #151 on: November 26, 2014, 10:24:44 PM »
This is gold! I've always loved his banter. And the band is in tip top shape as well! Sunday in Toronto can't come fast enough.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • The Sloth Rules
« Reply #152 on: November 26, 2014, 10:27:34 PM »
wtf they just played the intro to YYZ - Rush

Offline mikemangioy

• do feel free to spool through.
« Reply #153 on: November 26, 2014, 10:57:55 PM »

Completely at random  :lol
Because Mike is better than Mike

Offline PROGdrummer

« Reply #154 on: November 26, 2014, 11:06:32 PM »

CANUCK METAL  :metal

Offline mikemangioy

« Reply #155 on: November 26, 2014, 11:16:39 PM »

CANUCK METAL  :metal

Can you imagine YYZ done on an 8-string? That would be so

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #156 on: November 27, 2014, 06:49:04 AM »
I mean, he wouldn't have set it up if he didn't have a plan to do SOMETHING, Metro. Maybe not a Z3, but I'm pretty positive that he's gonna do a follow up to Casualties with Ziltoid at least related to it. There's a reason that he obviously (and then announced) had Ziltoid and Blattaria end up on the Casualties 'Moon' at the end and then have the narrator blatantly set up a sequel of some sort, whether it be Z3 or Casualties 2 in some fashion. Maybe years down the line we'll get a 'Ziltoid Vs. Blattaria', but I'm pretty sure the Ziltoid line is done. If the next 'Ziltoid' album is going to exist, I'd put my money on it being a 'Z vs. B' album. But my first choice would be a follow-up to Casualties considering that he's even mentioned in interviews (no, not gonna link, fuckin' google it) that after Z2, he'd like to focus on more laid-back, Casualties-esque music. I'm pretty positive that he's even mentioned that he'd like to do a follow up to it after he's taken a break.

I'm cool with anything he does, but I'm also down for him taking a year-plus break considering that the man has all but run out of steam.

RIP DTP.

Offline mikemangioy

« Reply #157 on: November 27, 2014, 06:58:41 AM »
Devin actually said in an interview that he's not taking a break anymore. And regarding the ending of the album, I think it's just a joke. A clichè thing.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • The Sloth Rules
« Reply #158 on: November 27, 2014, 07:05:02 AM »
Yeah I think he said in an interview that the ending was meant to just parody cheesey sci-fi stories. The Casualties/Ziltoid vs. Blattaria theory sounds interesting though...

Honestly, I'm more curious about this "Obviouser" project he's been hinting at for years than another Ziltoid record.

Online Buddyhunter1

• Professional Mellotron Spotter
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
« Reply #159 on: November 27, 2014, 10:11:51 AM »
Honestly, I'm more curious about this "Obviouser" project he's been hinting at for years than another Ziltoid record.

This is the first I've heard of that. What has he said about it?
BUDDYHUNTER | Debut Demo Out Now! FREE DOWNLOAD: https://buddyhunter.bandcamp.com/
RYM: https://rateyourmusic.com/~buddyhunter1

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #160 on: November 27, 2014, 12:19:52 PM »
I was at that livestreamed concert in Chicago last night. Really excellent show all around. I'm really glad to have heard Grace; I wasn't expecting it!

Offline JRundquist

• That Drummer Guy
« Reply #161 on: November 27, 2014, 01:52:17 PM »
Devin actually said in an interview that he's not taking a break anymore. And regarding the ending of the album, I think it's just a joke. A clichè thing.

Metropolis Pt 1 was just a joke that inevitably got forced to be made into a full album. Z3 will happen at some point. Maybe not for a while, but it'll happen.
That Drummer Guy's Reviews, Interviews, Playlists, Radio Shows, & Social Media:
https://www.thatdrummerguy.com

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #162 on: November 27, 2014, 02:00:27 PM »
I was at that livestreamed concert in Chicago last night. Really excellent show all around. I'm really glad to have heard Grace; I wasn't expecting it!

I was there too and still didn't hear him say that.

The show was pretty cool. Bad Devil and March of the Poozers were the huge highlights. I don't like Grace as much without the Anneke.

Also the Animals as Leaders fans were douchebags, djent sucks, and people stank of bad weed.

Other than that, it was awesome. :lol

Offline mikemangioy

« Reply #163 on: November 27, 2014, 02:51:34 PM »

Metropolis Pt 1 was just a joke that inevitably got forced to be made into a full album. Z3 will happen at some point. Maybe not for a while, but it'll happen.

Good point. I'm not denying that it won't happen, but that the ending is just a joke, and nothing is planned yet. I think so at least. Knowing Devin he's probably writing material that'll come out five years by now  :lol

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #164 on: November 27, 2014, 03:02:48 PM »
 :lol Wouldn't be surprised in the least. I took it completely serious though, but still more as a "this is a joke, but I'm putting this here to both continue the story, but also if I so please, to continue the story down the line". Kind of like how whenever there's a standalone movie and then the Hollywood big-wigs see an opportunity and force the ending to be ambiguous so that they can continue it...except Devy's way was done right and with the right intent and execution.

I still love that it's linked to Casualties. SO. MUCH. It's awesome. Marvel Cinematic Universe? Fuuuuuuck that. Devy Musical Universe. BOOM.

RIP DTP.

Offline mikemangioy

« Reply #165 on: November 27, 2014, 03:06:45 PM »
I still love that it's linked to Casualties. SO. MUCH. It's awesome. Marvel Cinematic Universe? Fuuuuuuck that. Devy Musical Universe. BOOM.

When the narrator said "A moon made of bones and dust", I first was like "wait" and then I jumped off my chair crying to the sky THAT'S CASUALTIES OF COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-

very cool connection. Done really well.

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #166 on: November 27, 2014, 03:10:28 PM »

The show was pretty cool. Bad Devil and March of the Poozers were the huge highlights. I don't like Grace as much without the Anneke.

Also the Animals as Leaders fans were douchebags, djent sucks, and people stank of bad weed.

I saw so many people getting kicked out smoking weed. At least the staff was on top of it. I hate being short. I managed to get stuck behind like 4 of the tallest people in the world for most of the night.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #167 on: November 27, 2014, 03:15:12 PM »
Mike: :lol Agreed, and almost the same...except I was in bed and, with my headphones on, yelled "OOOOOOOH SHIIIIIIIT!" and accidentally woke my niece. Worth it. It was immediate.  :lol I'm pretty sure almost every Devy fan here caught on instantaneously but I wonder how many didn't catch that until Devy mentioned it?

Man, even in my heaviest days of being a complete, proud stoner, I still wouldn't risk getting kicked out of a concert and/or legal issues just to get stoned.

OR, I should say, the few times I did, was actually smart about it and used my pea brain to, y'know, DO IT BEFORE THE GOD DAMN CONCERT. What a bunch of soggy tampons.

I am however sad that most djent fans and/or AAL fans are complete and utter twats because I am a huge fan of the new album. I'm not even a djent fan, in any way, but what AAL did on Motion is fucking gorgeous and I would've loved to see them. Alas, my job does not allow for any pleasure at all. Except for when I get to fire moronic little cunts. Coincidentally, I just fired one for getting high at work. Sometimes I wonder how the human race made it this far.

< *Is secretly a really smart squirrel*
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 03:21:07 PM by TioJorge »

RIP DTP.

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #168 on: November 27, 2014, 03:37:12 PM »

I saw so many people getting kicked out smoking weed. At least the staff was on top of it. I hate being short. I managed to get stuck behind like 4 of the tallest people in the world for most of the night.

I might have seen you depending on where you were. (For Devy) I was with my girlfriend close to dead center about 5ish people back. There was a really tall dude in front of me. Obviously this isn't helping so I don't know what I'm continuing to type...

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #169 on: November 27, 2014, 03:43:43 PM »
Because you're you, and we love you for it. You crazy-haired bastard, you.

RIP DTP.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • The Sloth Rules
« Reply #170 on: November 27, 2014, 04:22:41 PM »

This is the first I've heard of that. What has he said about it?

He's mentioned it in passing in several interviews over the past couple years. I believe he said it's supposed to be creepy bass-oriented music with an Icelandic choir. With that description I'd expect it to sound like the songs Drench and Mend off of the Casualties bonus disc.

He's recently said that he wants to play more bass after he's done with all this touring for Z2, so maybe this is the next project in line.

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #171 on: November 27, 2014, 07:39:02 PM »
I might have seen you depending on where you were. (For Devy) I was with my girlfriend close to dead center about 5ish people back. There was a really tall dude in front of me. Obviously this isn't helping so I don't know what I'm continuing to type...

Did your girlfriend have a handpuppet? Right after some guys got kicked out in front of us, a couple stood near us, and we joked about height things. I was up against the wall in front of the sound booth.

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #172 on: November 27, 2014, 09:56:43 PM »
Nah, she did not. We were a few rows of people in front of you if your back was against the sound board. We were kind of right where the "front" ended and the pit started, which was hellish for Animals as Leaders and much more chill for Devy.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 10:11:20 PM by 73109 »

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #173 on: November 28, 2014, 12:22:13 PM »
That Live stream gote really excited for our show.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline mikemangioy

« Reply #174 on: November 28, 2014, 12:45:37 PM »
I woke up at 5AM to see that livestream. It was absolutely worth it.