Author Topic: Devin Townsend v. Offer Your Posts  (Read 228684 times)

Offline The Trooper

Re: Devin Townsend v. Coffee Loving Sock Puppet 2
« Reply #805 on: May 17, 2016, 11:22:42 AM »
yes!!!!!!!!!!! Orlando and NYC :metal

Friday night in NYC! I'll be there, also the Playstation theater is an awesome venue.  Just recently saw Avantasia there.

Me 2.Playstation is a great venue.

Offline Onno

• Well, it's just entertainment, folks!
« Reply #806 on: May 17, 2016, 01:27:56 PM »
I hope this one will be a lot better than Z2.
I hope so as well. Even though I like Sky Blue a lot and Z2 has a few really good moments, overall it's easily one of my least favourite Devin records.

Offline adace

« Reply #807 on: May 17, 2016, 07:22:21 PM »
Awesome album cover! Can't wait for this :metal

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #808 on: May 17, 2016, 07:28:26 PM »
damn, seattle venue is way too far for me to walk to and i'm too lazy to take a bus  :lol

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #809 on: May 17, 2016, 08:39:24 PM »
Looks like I'm gonna have to try and head to AZ for this.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #810 on: May 18, 2016, 05:11:27 AM »
I did get really excited for a split second yesterday when I saw this until I realised it was only an America/Canada tour  :sadpanda:

I'll go back to crossing my fingers and waiting for the UK tour to be announced. Hope the support bands will be as good in the UK though.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #811 on: May 18, 2016, 05:45:49 AM »
As co-headliners, does that mean they will rotate who plays last or are they both just going having 1.5 hour setlists or something but with DT playing second?  Just curious how the co-headline works in this situation.

Offline seasonsinthesky

• roo)))m noise
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #812 on: May 18, 2016, 06:40:36 AM »
As co-headliners, does that mean they will rotate who plays last or are they both just going having 1.5 hour setlists or something but with DT playing second?  Just curious how the co-headline works in this situation.

On the co-headliner tour with Animals as Leaders, they chose whoever had the biggest draw in the market they were playing that night.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #813 on: May 18, 2016, 06:58:56 AM »

On the co-headliner tour with Animals as Leaders, they chose whoever had the biggest draw in the market they were playing that night.

Did they let you know before hand who that was?

I saw a tour once of Lynard Skynard and Sammy Hagar as coheadliners and I think they rotated every other night who headlined and I recall a lot of pissed off people at my concert because Sammy was the headliner that night which didn't seem like it was announced until the day of the show, and that was back before social media so I'd imagine letting things be known is easier now.

Offline seasonsinthesky

• roo)))m noise
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #814 on: May 18, 2016, 08:54:28 AM »

Did they let you know before hand who that was?

I saw a tour once of Lynard Skynard and Sammy Hagar as coheadliners and I think they rotated every other night who headlined and I recall a lot of pissed off people at my concert because Sammy was the headliner that night which didn't seem like it was announced until the day of the show, and that was back before social media so I'd imagine letting things be known is easier now.

I didn't see anything posted officially. I only found out because someone asked during the VIP session before the gig.

Also, other co-headlining tours have done the rotating – Marilyn Manson/Smashing Pumpkins comes to mind. It was the first one night, then they'd play first the next night, and just go back and forth every night. So it's not set in stone that they'll do it like they did on the last tour.

The big thing: Both bands play the same set regardless of who goes on first.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #815 on: May 18, 2016, 10:12:46 AM »
Hmmm, just noticed this.

DT has been posting the show events on facebook.  Noticed the NYC show was just added so I clicked the link and found it said this:

PlayStation Theatre
West 44th Street
New York, NY
Co-headline show with Between The Buried & Me, DTP closes. Fallujah as official support.

https://www.bandsintown.com/event/12104237?artist=Devin+Townsend&came_from=127&fb_ref=Default

So I guess that answers my question.

Offline jakepriest

« Reply #816 on: May 18, 2016, 10:41:04 AM »
I'm not digging the cover art at all. I really like simple covers (I loved the Sky Blue one) and this one just seems overfilled with stuff.
Doesn't really make a difference anyhow. The music is what matters.  :lol

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #817 on: May 19, 2016, 11:21:43 AM »
Awesooooommmme~! Date and cover. Love it. It's zany and wacky yet badass. It's just a Devy cover through and through. With the last couple covers being fairly simplistic and srsbznss, I like this one. Decon has one of my favorite covers and I think right off the bat I still like that one more but if the music fits this as well as Decon fit its cover, that might change.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Keeper of the Seven Sloths
« Reply #818 on: May 22, 2016, 08:27:39 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUOly907u18

New video of Devin fooling around with his pedalboard

There were 3 others he posted earlier but he took them down for some reason.  ???

One showed him recording a solo, and the other 2 showed ProTools sessions for the Truth re-record and one other new song.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 09:54:37 PM by Metropolaris »

Offline Mosh

• For I have dined on honeydew!
« Reply #819 on: May 22, 2016, 11:12:15 PM »
Maybe the record company didn't want that stuff up.
New Animal Soup scifi space opera for fans of Porcupine Tree, Mastodon, Iron Maiden: Chariots of the Gods

https://animalsoup.bandcamp.com/album/chariots-of-the-gods

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #820 on: May 23, 2016, 05:10:59 AM »
I can't imagine why. The update videos for Z2 were much more revealing than the new ones and those are still up.

Offline seasonsinthesky

• roo)))m noise
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #821 on: May 28, 2016, 08:19:21 AM »
OK folks, the basics of the Devin Townsend Wiki are now up and public. Take a gander at https://hevydevy.wikia.com and see my exhaustive articling for every goddamn album and song the dude's ever made along with some other basics we've thrown up (Dev's Wikipedia bio, etc.). It's really the brainchild of mon ami sesameseedbun (on the Dev forum), I just came on to help get the content on the go.

Now it's time for y'all to contribute as you please. There are definitely mistakes and inconsistencies to be fixed. In general, we need to make it customized away from the Wikipedia content and into the Dev world. If you would like to add stuff and use Wikipedia as the starting block, do it, but please go through and edit out the formatting code Wikia doesn't understand (references need to be simplified, etc.). We're using the NIN wiki (https://www.nin.wiki) for the inspiration so if you're wondering how to format Tour pages or something, do it the way they do (or use another page on the Dev wiki to use as base).

And ffs if anyone knows how to add Reference Templates and other stuff into Wikia that'd be great. Tons of room to add and grow here.

Offline Onno

« Reply #822 on: May 28, 2016, 08:43:00 AM »
That is awesome man.

Offline XB0BX

« Reply #823 on: June 27, 2016, 10:08:40 PM »
Anyone got a guess for how long Devy's set will be for the non-BTBAM shows? I'm hoping if it's just him and Fallujah that we get a bit of a longer set.

Offline seasonsinthesky

• roo)))m noise
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #824 on: June 28, 2016, 06:22:16 AM »
Anyone got a guess for how long Devy's set will be for the non-BTBAM shows? I'm hoping if it's just him and Fallujah that we get a bit of a longer set.

Dev tours with a pretty rehearsed setlist so it works with the lighting, video and backing track programming. I dunno how easily he'd be able to add more material on the road (but you never know...).

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #825 on: June 28, 2016, 06:40:18 AM »
Well considering his one gig at Progpower USA is with Anneka, I'd really hope he'd be doing a special setlist for that night.  Also I am going to that so I am selfish and want an awesome special show. 

However, I think I may go see him when he comes to NYC as well.  If it's truly the same setlist than I may not go.

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #826 on: July 06, 2016, 12:28:04 PM »
I'm too lazy to update this with all the information but I can't believe no one has mentioned the European tour that's just been announced!!

DTP are touring with Between the Buried and Me and Leprous around Europe!!!! Holy effing shit. They've also announced UK dates but not announced the support yet. I'd be happy with Leprous and BTBAM, more than happy actually.

This was announced about 8 hours ago!! Can't believe it's not been mentioned in either this, the BTBAM or the Leprous threads!?!

Offline Onno

« Reply #827 on: July 06, 2016, 12:41:35 PM »
I saw that. It's amazing, probably the best touring line-up I've seen thusfar (for me, at least). Devin is my favourite artist, Leprous are in my top 3 and I've really been getting into BTBAM lately. Definitely going to one of the shows.

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #828 on: July 06, 2016, 12:49:15 PM »
I saw that. It's amazing, probably the best touring line-up I've seen thusfar (for me, at least). Devin is my favourite artist, Leprous are in my top 3 and I've really been getting into BTBAM lately. Definitely going to one of the shows.

I like BTBAM but I'm not too fussed if they were to replace them with another band for the UK dates. I just hope they keep Leprous!!

Offline jakepriest

« Reply #829 on: July 06, 2016, 01:10:36 PM »
I'm definitely going. Leprous is okay and even though I cant stand BTBAM at all, I'll just have to suffer through it somehow.

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #830 on: July 06, 2016, 01:16:48 PM »
I really really should go to this show, for this line-up it's a damn cheap one (assuming it's like 30 euros tops because thats about as high as prices go at the venue they're playing in Amsterdam).

Also glad it's after the USA tour because I'm already seeing BTBAM just over a week from now, this way theres a good amount of space between em.

Anyone know if BTBAM will do the Coma in full set on this Europe tour aswell like they're doing in the US? That would be awesome.
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #831 on: July 08, 2016, 04:02:34 AM »
OMG they are coming to my country :metal
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #832 on: July 08, 2016, 01:56:44 PM »
So I am actually seeing Devin and BTBAM in February.

WE WE WE SO EXCITED
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #833 on: July 15, 2016, 12:32:49 PM »
Transcendence is available for Pre-Order
https://www.jsrdirect.com/bands/devintownsendproject

And we finally have the tracklisting:

Disc 1:
1. Truth
2. Stormbending
3. Failure
4. Secret Sciences
5. Higher
6. Stars
7. Transcendence
8. Offer Your Light
9. From The Heart
10. Transdermal Celebration

Disc 2:
CD 2
1. Gump   
2. Celestial Signals
3. Support The Cause
4. Into The Sun
5. Time Overload
6. Lexus   
7. Farther On
8. Victim   
9. MonkeyMind
10. Canucklehead
11. Loud   

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #834 on: July 15, 2016, 12:37:45 PM »
Excited for this, my first new release from Devin since I've become a fan.  I also really enjoy Stars from the toontrack video on youtube.

Offline jakepriest

« Reply #835 on: July 15, 2016, 12:38:12 PM »
Is the second CD supposed to be a part of the album or is it a compilation of demos/bonus songs?

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #836 on: July 15, 2016, 12:39:41 PM »
It's a collection of demos, like the second Disc of Epicloud. He also mentioned a while back that there would be a couple iTunes-exclusive songs.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #837 on: July 15, 2016, 12:57:37 PM »
digipak version is the two-disc and cd is the one-disc? not clear

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #838 on: July 15, 2016, 01:14:43 PM »
Got my email today from Omerch and the hype is on. I can't wait to hear this. I didn't know about the second disc at all so now I'm really revved. Woot wooooot! Pre-ordering ASAP.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni