Author Topic: Haken v. new single Nightingale (April 26)  (Read 440606 times)

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
Re: Haken v. Affinity, like Baconinity
« Reply #2730 on: August 20, 2018, 12:46:10 PM »
Don't know if this has been brought up yet, but they seem to me to be playing 29 gigs with only 4 nights off on this tour. How do people think Jennings is going to sound at the end of that 9 show stretch in the middle? I'm trying to decide where to see them and that's something I figure I should take into consideration. From what I've seen on YT the dude's already kind of iffy live. I'm thinking it'd be best to try and line things up in his favor.

I didn't notice any observable falloff in seeing him three consecutive nights on their last tour. Obviously nine will be a lot more taxing, but they won't be playing a full headlining set so each night should be a little bit less strenuous.
Photobucket sucks.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2731 on: August 20, 2018, 01:15:07 PM »
Do we know for sure they're playing a short set? Do we know what that means, exactly? I'd love to see the guys, but I'm not sure I want to fly around the country if they're only doing a 75 minute set.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2732 on: August 20, 2018, 01:43:54 PM »
Co headlining with 3 bands playing so the guess here is 1 1/2 hour sets. for them and Leprous. with Bent Knee having the shorter set.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2733 on: August 23, 2018, 12:33:21 PM »
from Diego Tejeda FB:

- A sneaky preview of HAKEN's upcoming album, Vector.
- An in depth written and video interview.
-My first ever signature sound library released to the public!

All of this and more on this article for ARTURIA. 🎶🎵🎼🔈

https://www.arturia.com/diego-tejeida

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #2734 on: August 23, 2018, 12:57:38 PM »
honestly the album length is kinda reassuring, I'll take 45 killer minutes over 70 minutes of mixed quality any day

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2735 on: August 23, 2018, 01:01:04 PM »
Really tasty keyboard sounds in that clip.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #2736 on: August 23, 2018, 01:03:05 PM »
Nice, sounds like all the snippets are from the same track. Plus some non-Vector things.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #2737 on: August 23, 2018, 01:57:13 PM »
That synth line at the start reminds me a lot of Visions (the song), but it all sounds completely amazing :hefdaddy Seriously can’t wait for this new album.
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2738 on: August 23, 2018, 03:52:09 PM »
That video was awesome. Dude is amazing. Band is amazing. Vector will be amazing.

Offline LordCost

« Reply #2739 on: August 23, 2018, 03:55:27 PM »
That synth line at the start reminds me a lot of Visions (the song), but it all sounds completely amazing :hefdaddy Seriously can’t wait for this new album.
Yes I immediately thoght to a more modern version of the sound of Visions. I'm confident I will like Vector more than Affinity!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2740 on: August 24, 2018, 02:13:24 AM »
Whoa this music he's playing sounds awesome  :metal

Really awesome video too.  I get it's really like an ad for the product, but it's really well done and isn't in your face to sell the product.  Really sells his ideas that can be expressed through the product.  I really enjoyed it.

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2741 on: August 24, 2018, 05:27:47 AM »
Haken announce European & Latin American tour dates in support of "Vector".

https://hakenmusic.com/blog/post/haken-vector-eu-latin-america-tour-2019
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2742 on: August 24, 2018, 05:48:34 AM »
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2743 on: August 24, 2018, 06:21:41 AM »
 :lol

Diego, have you seen them before?
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2744 on: August 24, 2018, 06:49:29 AM »
:lol

Diego, have you seen them before?

I saw them when they came with TSF and blew my mind, but they have never toured South America playing Haken stuff which is why I'm so excited about this

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2745 on: August 24, 2018, 06:55:02 AM »
That is awesome!  Starting to make it globally.

Offline devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
« Reply #2746 on: August 24, 2018, 06:59:26 AM »

:lol :lol :lol Indeed!

I'm really considering to make a trip from João Pessoa to São Paulo just to see them... :omg:
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2747 on: August 24, 2018, 07:33:43 AM »

They are playing LIMA!!!!

I’ll see you there.

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #2748 on: August 24, 2018, 08:25:09 AM »

They are playing LIMA!!!!

I’ll see you there.

YES! We’ll be there, man :metal
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2749 on: August 24, 2018, 09:48:11 AM »
I wonder how many album cycles it'll take them to become popular enough to play in Russia.

Really excited for our fellow Latin American DTFers though, pretty sure this show is going to be a blast!
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2750 on: August 24, 2018, 09:59:43 AM »
I'm surprised they are not doing a single show in Russia during the European leg yet they are coming down here. That is weird.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #2751 on: August 24, 2018, 11:03:26 AM »
I have to go to Ireland for work early next year, might have to see if I can spin that into also taking a European Hakation (no Nick, I will not pay you royalties for that term).
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #2752 on: August 24, 2018, 11:46:13 AM »
(no Nick, I will not pay you royalties for that term).

Then you'll be hearing from my lawyer.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline TheLordOfTheStrings

• I make music. I also do other stuff sometimes.
  • EB
« Reply #2753 on: August 28, 2018, 01:47:00 AM »
I remember, for years I'd read about Haken here on DTF - everyone would be ranting and raving about them and I was over here like, "Pffft. How good could they possibly be?" and I never gave them a shot until one day, right before Affinity came out I listened to The Mountain and holy mother of god. I was like, "Oh shit, THAT'S how good..." No band has risen through the ranks and made it into my top 3 favorite bands as quickly as Haken. Haken is love, Haken is life.
Check out the latest concept album “III: The Sparrow & The Architect”, released under my project The Circle of Wonders:

https://linktr.ee/STARCOMMANDStudios

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2754 on: August 28, 2018, 07:04:23 AM »
I remember, for years I'd read about Haken here on DTF - everyone would be ranting and raving about them and I was over here like, "Pffft. How good could they possibly be?" and I never gave them a shot until one day, right before Affinity came out I listened to The Mountain and holy mother of god. I was like, "Oh shit, THAT'S how good..." No band has risen through the ranks and made it into my top 3 favorite bands as quickly as Haken. Haken is love, Haken is life.

Took longer than we may like, but happy you've finally taken Haken into your heart and into your life.
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #2755 on: August 28, 2018, 07:06:05 AM »
I'm so happy for these guys. They deserve every inch of success.

I'm buying my Mexico City ticket as soon as it comes out.
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline me7

• Disciple of the Cockroach
« Reply #2756 on: August 28, 2018, 07:50:29 AM »
I'm surprised they didn't release a single yet. It's been two weeks since the preorder went up.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2757 on: August 28, 2018, 07:53:20 AM »
I'm surprised they didn't release a single yet. It's been two weeks since the preorder went up.

Soon, I'm sure, but from a business standpoint here is the theory I'm guessing they're subscribed to. Best to get tickets on sale for all the dates they can announce first. That way people will buy tickets based on liking what they've done to this point. Once they release the single there are people who may not like it and who would have then decided not to buy tickets, but once they have them will likely still go to the show. And of course people might love the new single and buy tickets when they hadn't previously, so really a win-win situation to get tickets out first.

Offline nattmorker

« Reply #2758 on: August 28, 2018, 08:24:35 AM »
I'm so happy for these guys. They deserve every inch of success.

I'm buying my Mexico City ticket as soon as it comes out.

I'm also waiting to the Mexico tickets to go on sale to grab mine. They're playing with Intervals as opener, I don't think I've listened them.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2759 on: August 28, 2018, 08:31:41 AM »
I'm going to try my best to resist listening to any single(s) until the album comes out, so I can listen to it all as one piece for the first listen. This is a pretty short album, so I don't want to make the "unheard" portion even shorter when I get the album.

Offline TheLordOfTheStrings

• I make music. I also do other stuff sometimes.
  • EB
« Reply #2760 on: August 29, 2018, 01:37:11 AM »
Also, they filmed a video recently so they could be waiting for that to be cut together to release the song and video simultaneously. That kinda stuff can take a ton of time actually. Something as basic as proper color correction can be a lengthy process depending on the type of camera used. Footage filmed on a Blackmagic for example is much easier to color correct because of how flat the footage is - you normally only have to bring in the colors you want, vs other cameras where you not only have to bring in the colors you want but also remove colors you don't want. Depending on the footage/software/skill level of the guy/guys/gal/gals doing it, it could take a bit of time to get it perfect.
Check out the latest concept album “III: The Sparrow & The Architect”, released under my project The Circle of Wonders:

https://linktr.ee/STARCOMMANDStudios

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #2761 on: August 29, 2018, 04:54:46 AM »
I'm going to try my best to resist listening to any single(s) until the album comes out, so I can listen to it all as one piece for the first listen. This is a pretty short album, so I don't want to make the "unheard" portion even shorter when I get the album.

I'm trying to do that for around 3 years now, and I mostly manage to do it. It's pretty awesome to hear the full thing rather than listening to 2 new songs, than one you already completely know by heart and then 3 more new songs. Because then you only want to listen to the new ones and not the one you already know. Completely screws with the album's dramaturgy imo.
any rock can be made to roll

Offline me7

• Disciple of the Cockroach
« Reply #2762 on: August 29, 2018, 05:59:41 AM »

I'm trying to do that for around 3 years now, and I mostly manage to do it. It's pretty awesome to hear the full thing rather than listening to 2 new songs, than one you already completely know by heart and then 3 more new songs. Because then you only want to listen to the new ones and not the one you already know. Completely screws with the album's dramaturgy imo.

I know that feeling. It feels awkward for the first few spins, but the singles quickly find a new meaning for me in the context of the album.

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #2763 on: August 29, 2018, 06:53:55 AM »

I know that feeling. It feels awkward for the first few spins, but the singles quickly find a new meaning for me in the context of the album.

Ok, I also can't disagree with that. Last DT single I listened to was The Enemy Inside. I always liked it, but it worked a lot better in the context of the False Aw Suite and The Looking Glass.
any rock can be made to roll

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2764 on: August 29, 2018, 08:30:50 AM »

Soon, I'm sure, but from a business standpoint here is the theory I'm guessing they're subscribed to. Best to get tickets on sale for all the dates they can announce first. That way people will buy tickets based on liking what they've done to this point. Once they release the single there are people who may not like it and who would have then decided not to buy tickets, but once they have them will likely still go to the show. And of course people might love the new single and buy tickets when they hadn't previously, so really a win-win situation to get tickets out first.

That has been the M.O. of a lot of bands in recent years.  I get why it is done, as it is smart from a business standpoint, but it feels a little sneaky.