Author Topic: Bands & Musicians that inspire you  (Read 495 times)

Offline MiracleSleeper

Bands & Musicians that inspire you
« on: October 29, 2014, 04:02:41 PM »
Story time! I'll start off with a quote from another thread:

METALLICA:

I was thirteen at the time, I was never a big fan of music. All I ever heard was the poop on the radio, and classic rock that my dad always listened to. I just assumed music wasn't for me. Then I stumbled upon "Of Wolf and Man" off Metallica's S&M album on youtube. As soon as the strings kicked in and the guitars started jamming, I was absolutely floored. I had never heard music of such intensity and grandiosity in my life. Instantly I began imaging this massive war in my head, with the music acting almost as a soundtrack. The song just painted this epic scenario in my mind. Once James Hetfield started singing.... life=changed.

After that song, I began an epic odyssey of discovering new amazing music and bands that continues till this day; 10 years later. Because of that song, music has become an essential part of my life that I can't imagine living without.

Until I discovered Dream Theater, Metallica was my friggen life. But I also owe a lot to this band as well:

TRIVIUM:

I grew up as a writer/artist, and Metallica helped inspire a lot of my stories and artwork. Not only that, but they inspired me to start singing. It wasn't long before singing became my passion. But as much as they inspired me, I felt a bit of a distance between me and them, until I found Trivium. It was during the anticipation for "The Crusade" that I had heard some of their singles off that album, and some of their earlier work. I fell in love with their music. But what I loved most was how I felt this real connection between myself and them as musicians. They were you're typical kids in their early 20's living their dream, inspired by a lot of the bands that I loved. It really gave me a sense of hope that I could follow my dream like they did. Matt Heafy was a trul idol to me, and I really looked up to him as a true source of inspiration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uFr28QWz2I

So yeah... how about you guys?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 04:20:13 PM by MiracleSleeper »