Author Topic: Awakening the Gathering  (Read 964 times)

Offline chaossystem

• We're on to your agenda, the dead-end road to nowhere.
  • Chapters unfinished, fading
Awakening the Gathering
« on: October 17, 2014, 12:48:28 PM »
This is a follow-up to "A joining of Vision and Reflection."
This time we have the first THREE albums to work with.
Unless otherwise noted, all of the songs will be played in their "original form."
You may notice the absence of a few songs such as "Lifting Shadows" and "The Mirror," but that's because I don't much care for those songs.
I mostly stayed with the ones that I really DO like.
However, you can feel free to re-shuffle, re-arrange, delete and substitute as you see fit.
I want this to be as "interactive" as possible.

Awakening the Gathering-

Set 1:
1) Lie.
Start with something to get the audience pumped. IF we can get James to SING it right!
2) Learning to Live.
A strange place for this song, I know. But when I played it back, it sounded pretty good in this order.
3) Erotomania.
Because it's Erotomania!
4) Light Fuse and Get Away.
Yes. I know. A lot of people probably think it's "sacrilege" to break up "A Mind Beside Itself" like this, but again, it sounded good.
Also again: it's good to break up the monotony.
5) Voices.
Full-length version, as in the "LiveTime" style.
6) Surrounded.
7) A Fortune in Lies.
8) Under a Glass Moon.
9) The Silent Man.
"Electric" version, with the guitar and piano solos, done in the "L.S.F. New York" style
10) Take the Time.
Done in the "LiveTime" style, with the "Freebird Jam" at the end.

Set 2:
1) Innocence Faded.
2) Metropolis.
3) Only a Matter of Time.
Not much to say about these three songs. They are what they are.
Maybe the next three songs could be done acoustically;
4) Space-Dye Vest.
I thought it should be included, even if it never was before the "Along for the Ride " tour.
5) Wait for Sleep.
6) Another Day.
Even if they didn't do this song "unplugged" it would be interesting to see if they could work out an arrangement of it without the sax.
 Which also means the "synth sax." Just to see how it would sound without the "sax sound."
7) Status Seeker.
A lot of people love this song, and it fits in time-wise.
8) Scarred
9) 6:00
Rounding off with my two favorite "Awake" songs

Encore:
10) The Killing hand.
Done in "Marquee" style
11) Pull Me Under.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 02:25:14 PM by chaossystem »
I can't stop the world from turning around, or the pull of the moon on the tide, but I don't believe that we're in this alone, I believe we're along for the ride...

Offline James Mypetgiress

• Call me Dani. I have grown to hate this username.
Re: Awakening the Gathering
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 02:39:18 PM »
Good to see that this has a lot of attention, but yes, I would pay all the moneys to see this setlist

Offline Rodni Demental

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 06:09:08 PM »
That'd be a pretty legit setlist IMO. Considering I love A Mind Beside itself (although yes it is sacrilege to break it up like that if all the songs are in the set :P), I'm also more of a fan of Light Fuse than most. It's got some cool riffage and I like the somewhat unpredictable structure.

Lie as an opener without The Mirror? And Space Dye Vest in general? Meh.. but it looks like an appropriate place for SDV. I'd open with Pull Me Under, although that might be a bit predictable as that's exactly what they used during the Awake tour as their opener. Makes sense for the time though.

Offline chaossystem

• We're on to your agenda, the dead-end road to nowhere.
  • Chapters unfinished, fading
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2014, 03:12:33 PM »
Even BEFORE I got any responses, I worked out another version of the "Gathering" show.
This time I used ALL of the songs from "Awake."
it still might not be to everyone's liking, but it should please more people, because of the the three songs that I put back in.

Set 1:
1) The Mirror.
Done in the "Live Scenes" style
2) Under a Glass Moon
3) Lie
4) The Ones Who Help to Set the Sun
5) Erotomania
6) Take the Time
7) Voices
8) The Killing Hand
9) The Silent Man
10) Another Day
11) Caught in a Web

Set 2:
1) Afterlife
After the first song in this set, they could "bring things down" a bit, maybe even play the next three songs acoustically.
2) Space-Dye Vest
3) Wait for Sleep
4) Lifting Shadows off a Dream
5) Status Seeker
6) Innocence Faded
7) Learning to Live
8) Scarred
I forgot to mention before that Scarred would be played in the "Chaos in Motion" style, with the extended parts, but hopefully without the problems that JLB was having with his voice on that tour!
9) Light Fuse and Get away
I always thought this song had a slightly "punkish" sound to it, at least at the beginning. I don't mean that in a negative way. Just that it's different.
10) 6:00
Encore:
11) Pull Me Under
I know a lot of people don't like this song for an encore, but I don't think it hurts to put it there once in a while.
I can't stop the world from turning around, or the pull of the moon on the tide, but I don't believe that we're in this alone, I believe we're along for the ride...