Author Topic: An issue with my Breaking The Fourth Wall disc?  (Read 1280 times)

Offline James Mypetgiress

• Call me Dani. I have grown to hate this username.
An issue with my Breaking The Fourth Wall disc?
« on: October 14, 2014, 11:59:33 AM »
So, I recently received the edition of BTFW with 3CDs, BluRay and poster, and, when watching the bluray, at times, the sound will just disappear, and I will be left with a few seconds of silence... has anyone else had this problem?

Offline MirzekDT

Re: An issue with my Breaking The Fourth Wall disc?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 12:06:38 PM »
No I don't have this problem, but I have a different kind of problem with my bluray disc. During intro of On The Backs Of Angels there is one very audible clip in the audio. It's just one clip and everything else on the disc sounds awesome. I wonder if anyone has it as well.

Offline me7

• Disciple of the Cockroach
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 01:14:18 AM »
No I don't have this problem, but I have a different kind of problem with my bluray disc. During intro of On The Backs Of Angels there is one very audible clip in the audio. It's just one clip and everything else on the disc sounds awesome. I wonder if anyone has it as well.

This one I have too.

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2014, 06:37:24 AM »
In reference to the OP, it's probably your BR player. Try the disc in another machine. If it works flawlessly there, see if you can flash an upgrade to your BR player from the manufacturers website. If you have a web enabled BR player, you may want to check for an update through the player's menu.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline James Mypetgiress

• Call me Dani. I have grown to hate this username.
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2014, 09:37:31 AM »
In reference to the OP, it's probably your BR player. Try the disc in another machine. If it works flawlessly there, see if you can flash an upgrade to your BR player from the manufacturers website. If you have a web enabled BR player, you may want to check for an update through the player's menu.
My house is in the tech Stone Age, we only have 1x bluray player, and I check for updates every time I use it  :sad:

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2014, 09:43:37 AM »
Perhaps a friend has a newer machine to try it out in? Blu-ray standards do change from time to time and it's likely the disc is made to the most recent standards.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline FracturedMirror

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2014, 12:52:42 PM »
The dvd glitches out during The Shattered Fortress around the guitar solo when I play it in my playstation, but I tried it in another player and it didn't.  When it messes up it loses the audio and the picture freezes and stutters.  Off the top of my head I can only think of one other concert dvd that I've had a similar problem with in this player and that's the Santiago official bootleg.

Which leads me to only one conclusion: DT hates my playstation.

Offline fischermasamune

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2014, 03:13:16 PM »
The dvd glitches out during The Shattered Fortress around the guitar solo when I play it in my playstation, but I tried it in another player and it didn't.  When it messes up it loses the audio and the picture freezes and stutters.  Off the top of my head I can only think of one other concert dvd that I've had a similar problem with in this player and that's the Santiago official bootleg.

Which leads me to only one conclusion: DT hates my playstation.

Maybe it's its optical reader. They do worn over time. (I imagine it's a PS2 because PS3/4 read Blu-rays...)