Author Topic: DC comics TV shows (Arrow/Flash/Gotham/etc)  (Read 37633 times)

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
Re: DC comics TV shows (Arrow/Flash/Gotham/etc)
« Reply #245 on: November 10, 2016, 02:36:07 AM »
Ok so in The Flash, why the hell does Eobard Thorne still exist? I never even realised this but season 1's resolution was that Eddie died so that Eobard never existed, which is why he then disappeared. So why does he still exist? Why did Barry's mother still get killed by him? How does anything make even the slightest bit of sense?

So....

When Flash went back in time at the end of season 2 to save his mother, he pulled that Eobard back to the new future with him. This is why he's still alive in the flashpoint episode. Then he lets him go to finish killing his mother because he wanted to try to reset the timeline to what it was. Essentially there became two Thawns, the one they killed at the end of season 1, and then the alternate timeline one that got pulled to the future and then released back to the past, which is why there is still one alive.

TLDR: Cuz time travel.
No, I mean why by the start of season 2 was there still an Eobard Thawne in the past to go back and stop at all? Eddie died without reproducing, and therefore Eobard should never have existed in the first place. Therefore Barry's mother should never have been killed in the first place.

This show sucks at time travel.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #246 on: November 10, 2016, 07:29:51 AM »
Eddie died without reproducing, and therefore Eobard should never have existed in the first place. Therefore Barry's mother should never have been killed in the first place.
This.  The show makes no sense.

But I still like it lol
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #247 on: November 10, 2016, 07:30:58 AM »
Eddie died without reproducing, and therefore Eobard should never have existed in the first place. Therefore Barry's mother should never have been killed in the first place.
This.  The show makes no sense.

But I still like it lol

:lol

I agree, I really like the show.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #248 on: November 23, 2016, 11:09:21 PM »
I'll just leave this here in case anyone feels like having an erection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CS01oqEYQwo
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #249 on: November 24, 2016, 04:43:51 AM »
Yup. I can't wait to see all 4 episodes.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
« Reply #250 on: November 29, 2016, 01:05:53 PM »
Pretty good ep of Gotham last night. Without giving away too many spoilers, it was nice to somewhat close the Tompkins storyline. I thought it was well done. Glad it looks like the whole Nigma-Penguin thing is done. I did not like that angle whatsoever. Also saw the post-episode teaser for the next episode in January. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. That dude has the look down for sure.  ;)
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #251 on: November 29, 2016, 01:08:32 PM »
I'll just leave this here in case anyone feels like having an erection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CS01oqEYQwo
I'll just say that I don't normally watch Supergirl, but I watched last night's episode precisely because it was supposed to be part one of this crossover.

The actual crossover part was about 2 minutes long, and didn't occur until 55 minutes into the episode.  Yeah, I know, there were multiple portal appearances throughout the show, but that doesn't really count.

I was reminded again of why I don't watch that show.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online Adami

« Reply #252 on: November 29, 2016, 05:33:10 PM »
It's a great show, I think. Yes, it's barely connected to the arrowverse, but that's okay.

Watching the episode now, luckily I already pieced together that the cross over doesn't really happen till the very end so I won't be disappointed.

Although the "I'm cyborg superman" thing was horribly dumb. What a weird direction to go with that.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 06:01:22 PM by Adami »
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #253 on: November 30, 2016, 01:54:26 AM »
Watched a lesbian girl react to the episode. She was bawling her eyes out after every 'Sanvers' scene and 'explaining' how much this show meant to her, then screaming in rage at the screen whenever something like, STORY started to intervene. Like when Mon-El was fighting for his life, she was yelling: 'No one cares about you!!' I don't mean to start a flame war, but what the actual fuck?? Is this show become all about the Lesbian cause now?  :yeahright
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline Cyclopssss

• Connoseur of love
« Reply #254 on: November 30, 2016, 01:55:17 AM »
BTW, Gotham totally kicked Supergirls ass this round.
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Online Adami

« Reply #255 on: November 30, 2016, 02:02:24 AM »
Watched a lesbian girl react to the episode. She was bawling her eyes out after every 'Sanvers' scene and 'explaining' how much this show meant to her, then screaming in rage at the screen whenever something like, STORY started to intervene. Like when Mon-El was fighting for his life, she was yelling: 'No one cares about you!!' I don't mean to start a flame war, but what the actual fuck?? Is this show become all about the Lesbian cause now?  :yeahright

No? Your friend just seems like a weird person to watch this stuff with.

Unless Mon-El and Kara kissing means the show is all about the heterosexual cause now.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #256 on: November 30, 2016, 08:50:48 AM »
The episode of The Flash was much better, although imagine my raging when the 2 minute "crossover scene" from Supergirl was replayed during this episode, meaning watching that hour really WAS a waste of my time.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #257 on: November 30, 2016, 09:01:59 AM »
I'm digging Supergirl. I'd still put it on a par with The Flash, below Arrow but better than Legends.

I be am boner inducing.

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #258 on: November 30, 2016, 09:34:29 AM »
I'm digging Supergirl. I'd still put it on a par with The Flash, below Arrow but better than Legends.
It may be good, I just don't like the very idea of the character and never have.

Oh, and what is with a character calling himself Cyborg Superman and looking nothing like Superman, or having Superman's powers?  I know the character from the comics, and that isn't him.

Not sure why they felt the need to change the stories of J'onn J'onz and Hank Henshaw that way.  Seems weird and unnecessary.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #259 on: November 30, 2016, 09:39:48 AM »
Never read the comics, so fair enough but I'm just watching the show as is. We're also a couple of weeks behind in the UK, but yeah some of the villains and plots are a little silly sometimes, but that's the case with the whole Arrowverse (Flash a similar amount to Supergirl, and Legends is basically non-stop nonsense :lol ).

I be am boner inducing.

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #260 on: November 30, 2016, 09:42:53 AM »
I only made it three episodes into the first season with Legends.  What a preposterous title.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #261 on: November 30, 2016, 10:26:21 AM »
Pretty much. :lol I only really watch it for completeness, and it is pretty fun sometimes, but that's about it.

I be am boner inducing.

Online Adami

« Reply #262 on: December 02, 2016, 08:15:12 PM »
So I watched the Supergirl, Flash and Arrow episodes of the crossover. While Supergirl's was pointless (only in so much as it relates to the crossover) the rest of the episodes have been great. The Flash in particular was great, and the episode of Arrow was by far the best since season 3, even if it the "return" of Deathstroke was a major letdown.

Currently watching the Legend's episode of it and it's good so far. Felicity and Sisko are great in it. Felicity yelling "Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra!" was a really fantastic reference that I assume most people will miss.

I will say that Flash and Arrow's episode should have been double in length. I'll probably feel the same about this one.

And the "She kind of looks like my cousin" line was really great.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 08:48:33 PM by Adami »
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #263 on: December 03, 2016, 05:37:04 AM »
Oh I got it.  The Legends episode had a nice conclusion.   It was fun to watch.

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #264 on: December 03, 2016, 04:36:30 PM »
question about the Supergirl episode: if her father created the Medusa virus on Krypton to affect any non-kryptonian alien, then why were humans not being affected by the virus?  Did they explain that and I just missed it?
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Online Adami

« Reply #265 on: December 03, 2016, 04:38:24 PM »
question about the Supergirl episode: if her father created the Medusa virus on Krypton to affect any non-kryptonian alien, then why were humans not being affected by the virus?  Did they explain that and I just missed it?

Ohhh I see your point. I guess it also doesn't hurt humans? Dunno.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #266 on: December 05, 2016, 09:05:16 AM »
Yes, another of the multiple problems with that show.

I finished out the crossover shows.  It was quite enjoyable, and apparently the ratings were through the roof, so it (or some version of it) is sure to happen again (shocker).

Offline Cyclopssss

• Connoseur of love
« Reply #267 on: February 01, 2017, 04:30:23 AM »
Wow what an awesome episode of Gotham! That Jerome/Bruce fight was great to watch. They both acted their asses off! :tup

Online Adami

« Reply #268 on: February 01, 2017, 10:34:20 AM »
And now it looks like Batman is being re-written by one of the BvS writers.

Cool.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #269 on: March 06, 2017, 01:20:45 AM »
I think I'm going to finish up this third series of the Flash and unless it shows improvement part ways with it.   The show was never grade A material, but the first series was a lot of fun, but now I'm just finding it a chore - why does every character have to have powers?  And then there is the relationships..... And do we really need a speed villain every series and a different version of Harrison Wells (I loathe the current HR version).

Up the plus side Leagues of Tomorrow has stepped up it's game from it's first iffy season, I'm actually really enjoying it at the minute.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #270 on: March 06, 2017, 02:19:34 AM »
Up the plus side Leagues of Tomorrow has stepped up it's game from it's first iffy season, I'm actually really enjoying it at the minute.
Wut? I mean, it's fun and all, but it's so totally ridiculous. That's the one I'm mostly likely to give up on.

I be am boner inducing.

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #271 on: March 06, 2017, 03:21:13 AM »
Wut? I mean, it's fun and all, but it's so totally ridiculous. That's the one I'm mostly likely to give up on.

Oh yeah, but at least it's fun.  The Flash is just so full of annoying cliche character romances at the minute (Barry, Iris.  Catlyn, Julian.  Wally, Jessie.  Joe, Cop Girlfriend).   50% of every episode is full of crappy relationship issues conversations, oh yeah and there is the threat of
an up and coming musical episode  :facepalm:

« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 03:30:25 AM by soupytwist »

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #272 on: March 06, 2017, 10:14:27 AM »
I think I'm going to finish up this third series of the Flash and unless it shows improvement part ways with it.   The show was never grade A material, but the first series was a lot of fun, but now I'm just finding it a chore - why does every character have to have powers?  And then there is the relationships..... And do we really need a speed villain every series and a different version of Harrison Wells (I loathe the current HR version).
I'm with you.  Right now it feels like an obligation to catch it every week, which is not the way watching a TV show should feel.

I've already given up on Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow, and never got into Supergirl.

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #273 on: March 06, 2017, 11:06:16 AM »
Legends has been quite a lot of fun the past couple of episodes.

Flash is starting to bog down a bit.  Lots of fast forwarding through all the boring stuff lately.
Winger would be better!

Online Adami

« Reply #274 on: March 06, 2017, 04:03:38 PM »
While I'm still enjoying Flash, I agree that the huge emphasis on relationships is getting harder to sit through.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #275 on: March 09, 2017, 09:22:42 PM »
really enjoyed legends again this week.  Can we please find a way to keep Gideon around as a live character?  Who knew the ships AI was so hot!?
Winger would be better!

Offline Cyclopssss

• Connoseur of love
« Reply #276 on: March 10, 2017, 02:12:54 AM »
Yep that was a fun episode. And Gideon and Rip together were great to watch.

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #277 on: March 10, 2017, 02:16:15 AM »
Losing the boring Hawks was the best thing the show could do.   

Anyone feel with the amount of dialog quipping and nerding out in this show right now, it feels very old school Joss Whedon.

Offline Cyclopssss

• Connoseur of love
« Reply #278 on: May 31, 2017, 03:59:29 AM »
Man, just catching up to all these shows finales! Supergirl was fun, but Arrow takes the cake this season! Wow! Totally restored my faith in the show with this last season.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #279 on: May 31, 2017, 05:37:52 AM »
That was one hell of a cliffhanger to leave us on.