Author Topic: DC comics TV shows (Arrow/Flash/Gotham/etc)  (Read 37625 times)

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: DC comics TV shows (Arrow/Flash/Gotham/etc)
« Reply #105 on: August 11, 2015, 10:33:13 AM »
Eddie was in some form related to Wells. Without Eddie no Wells. Quite simple really.

I got that part, Captain Obvious  :biggrin:.  Why kill yourself, when you can just kill the baddie?  I get what he was thinking, just not why he was thinking that was the best/only choice.  And if Eddie was smart enough to know that 'no Eddie = no Wells' could mean that 'no Wells = nothing that has happened for the last 15 years in this timeline ever did happen'.

Like Hef said... we'll see.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #106 on: August 11, 2015, 11:22:49 AM »
'no Wells = nothing that has happened for the last 15 years in this timeline ever did happen'.
This, although I doubt that's how they play it.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #107 on: August 11, 2015, 04:07:22 PM »
After finally finishing Arrow S3 and seeing Flash totally blew Arrow out of the water.

It really says a lot when the Arrow characters are better when they appeared in Flash than they were in Arrow! Ra's was the only good part in this season of Arrow.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #108 on: August 12, 2015, 12:52:05 AM »
Yeah, season 3 of Arrow sucked the big one....hoping for better in 4, but somehow I doubt if they can reach the earlier standard.
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #109 on: August 12, 2015, 02:55:03 AM »
I don't think it sucked at all. It was a bit of a step down from seasons 1 and 2 which were fantastic, but I still thought it was really solid. The main drop in quality was in the flashback story, which wasn't nearly as engaging as it was in the first 2 seasons.

I still think it was on a par with the first season of the Flash though.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Cyclopssss

• Connoseur of love
« Reply #110 on: August 12, 2015, 03:16:02 AM »
Well alright, it wasn't crap. But I for one wanted to know more about what happened on the island. First it went from 'five yeas I've spent on a deserted island' to 'oh wait, I've spent some of it on a boat' to 'Oh, and btw, I spent about a half year running around in Hong Kong'....come on, man. I wanted to know about him honing his survival skills, his perfecting his bow-skills, all that. Missed opportunity for me. 
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #111 on: August 12, 2015, 08:59:22 AM »
As someone who really liked Constantine when it aired on NBC and was upset that it got canceled, I am thrilled to hear the news that Matt Ryan will reprise the role on an upcoming episode of Arrow.

Also, yesterday's reveal of Jay Garrick (in a mockup with Barry of the classic "Flash of Two Worlds" comic) was fantastic.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #112 on: August 14, 2015, 11:44:58 AM »
Also, yesterday's reveal of Jay Garrick (in a mockup with Barry of the classic "Flash of Two Worlds" comic) was fantastic.

I had to look that up. Pretty cool.  :tup
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Cyclopssss

• Connoseur of love
« Reply #113 on: August 24, 2015, 03:05:45 AM »
I quite enjoyed Constatine. Loved Matt Ryan's performance. Too bad it got discontinued. 

Offline Cyclopssss

• Connoseur of love
« Reply #114 on: October 08, 2015, 12:38:11 AM »
Awesome season opener from the Flash!

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #115 on: October 08, 2015, 01:21:09 AM »
I'm currently binging the first season on Netflix and am loving it so damn much. It has that slightly cheesy feel at times but it's buried beneath a lot of great moments, intense action and a great story. The main characters are pretty damn good actors as well, much better than I expected; especially the two 'leads' Barry and Harrison. Really interesting dynamic and this is the first DC show I've been into. I really did not like Gotham at all and am pretty lukewarm on Arrow, but this is some great stuff. The first ep collaboration made me want to get into Arrow but I'm still so very meh about it. But I'm totally into this! Flash was one of my favorite characters as a kid and I just kind of forgot about how fucking awesome he is as both a character and a superhero. This is one of the first origin stories I'm not totally sick of, and on the contrary, don't know much about. I actually like the slightly cheesy yet heartwarming moments on the show and it really reminds me of the better parts of Smallville. I know just throwing that name out there will invite cringing from a lot but I was one of the few that really enjoyed most of it (granted, I haven't rewatched it since my puberty and highschool days...then stopped watching around S6 or something like that). I digress, but it's got it's hooks in me and I'm liking it. Rawr.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Cyclopssss

• Connoseur of love
« Reply #116 on: October 08, 2015, 01:32:42 AM »
Funny. I was actually the opposite. I really liked Arrow from the start, really dug the setup and storyline and all the supporting cast. With Flash though....took me some time to get into it. I wasn't really a fan of the comic either, but I really grew to love this. They really got the atmosphere and supporting cast right. The same with SHIELD, really great casting.
Got to say though, keeping up with all of these shows...whew! Quite a task!

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #117 on: October 08, 2015, 02:09:51 AM »
I still easily prefer Arrow to Flash, though the 3rd season was definitely less strong and the Flash improved over the course of the season. Both are great fun though.

I be am boner inducing.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #118 on: October 08, 2015, 02:58:58 AM »
Hm! Well I'm going to have to check out both Arrow and Shield again after I binge Flash. I can't stop watching it though, I am in love with it. It's been a while since I tried to get into either of the aforementioned so maybe my tastes just changed or I needed to see it differently. (Although I'm just going to leave Gotham...that shit is horrible...from the main cast to, and especially (ten fold) the supporting cast...fuck that 'new joker'...the guy is ACTUALLY a joke.  :lol)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 03:32:36 AM by TioJorge »

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #119 on: October 08, 2015, 07:40:20 AM »
The Flash season opener was fantastic!  Can't wait until the awesomeness on the way next week!

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #120 on: October 09, 2015, 10:57:57 PM »
I thought the Flash was just ok.  Disappointed how fast (pun totally intended) they explained away and solved the singularity.  Don't really know why they had to remove the Henry-in-prison subplot, and get rid of the character totally - again, incredibly fast.  And 6 months later, the local coffee joint still isn't up and running?  Who owns the business?  Lots of little things were kinda annoying.

I don't know jack about the DC universe, but jingle.son got all jacked about the introduction of Garrick.

Overall, kinda bland, but sets up for a very interesting season.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #121 on: October 10, 2015, 03:56:43 AM »
Yes, the introduction of Jay Garrick is going to lead to all kinds of crazy shit.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #122 on: October 10, 2015, 04:51:15 AM »
Yes, the introduction of Jay Garrick is going to lead to all kinds of crazy shit.

Help a brother out... why is that?  Who is this cochise?

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #123 on: October 10, 2015, 07:53:56 AM »
he was the original Flash.  In the comics, this would have been WWII-era.  But the Golden Age ended in the late 1940s and superheroes were more or less forgotten.  In 1956 the Flash was reintroduced, but it was not the same Flash.  He had a different name (Barry Allen), costume, and background.  In his very first appearance, he is seen reading a comic book about the Jay Garrick Flash which is what inspires him to take up the name "Flash" after his accident.

A couple of years later, while doing some super-speed tricks, Barry inadvertently transports himself to a parallel universe where he finds Keystone City which is the hometown of his childhood comic book hero, the Jay Garrick Flash.  The person he used to think of as fiction actually existed in this parallel universe.  And thus Earth-Two and the DC Multiverse is born.  The idea is that there are an infinite number of universes that take up the same physical space, but are separated by vibrational frequencies.
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #124 on: October 10, 2015, 07:56:30 AM »
although he never got his own comic book again, he made regular appearances all over the DC universe as a father/grandfather-figure, mentor, and all around bad ass (in the hero sense).
Winger would be better!

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #125 on: October 10, 2015, 08:30:26 AM »
Well, I was going to try to keep him intrigued without spoiling everything, but I guess you could go that way too.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #126 on: October 10, 2015, 08:31:50 AM »
BTW, finally caught the Arrow premiere.  I am excite.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #127 on: October 10, 2015, 08:34:59 AM »
I like the friction between everyone on the first Arrow episode.   They need to work together but it won't come easy.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #128 on: October 10, 2015, 08:50:52 AM »
Well, I was going to try to keep him intrigued without spoiling everything, but I guess you could go that way too.

ha, didn't realize I should have used 60 year old spoiler tags  :lol
Winger would be better!

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #129 on: October 10, 2015, 10:53:19 AM »
I like the friction between everyone on the first Arrow episode.   They need to work together but it won't come easy.
I agree.  Plus, the setup with Damien Dark and the mystical element is laying the foundation for the future.  Really looking forward to this season.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #130 on: October 16, 2015, 01:50:22 PM »
I agree.  Plus, the setup with Damien Dark and the mystical element is laying the foundation for the future.  Really looking forward to this season.
The mystical element definitely lends itself well to Constantine appearing at some point.

I thought it was a great opener, though that final scene was really cruel. WHO THE HELL DIED?

I be am boner inducing.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #131 on: October 23, 2015, 05:17:28 AM »
What a god awful Flash episode this week.  Jingle.kids and I were so  :facepalm: throughout the whole thing.

Since when can you freeze LIGHT?
Good thing Sisco didn't suck out her carotid artery.
Jay ... "Sure, screw going home, I'll stick around with you guys a little longer just for shits and giggles.  Nobody back home needs or misses me."
Security - "sure, go on up guys.  You're total strangers, and your badges don't work, but we gotta get back to the baseball game"

And for fuck sakes, stop talking so openly about Barry being The Flash.  Does nobody around them in the coffee shop overhear anything?

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #132 on: December 07, 2015, 09:11:39 AM »
I thought the Flash/Arrow crossover was a lot of fun last week.
Winger would be better!

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #133 on: December 07, 2015, 09:47:06 AM »
Indeed.  Pretty mandatory to catch the Arrow episode.  jingle.son and I are highly "spoiled", because we're still only 1/2 thru Season 1 of Arrow!!   :lol

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #134 on: December 07, 2015, 10:28:39 AM »
I thought the Flash/Arrow crossover was a lot of fun last week.
Indeed!  Also, they served as a nice setup for the upcoming Legends of Tomorrow!

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #135 on: December 08, 2015, 08:38:42 PM »
That spot for Legends of Tomorrow was hot.  I'm gonna be all over that like a cougar on a wounded chicken.  Love Snart.  Gonna miss him on Flash, so I hope he has a big role in Legends.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #136 on: January 11, 2016, 06:57:29 AM »
Finally caught up on Gotham season 2. Holy hell this has been a great season so far! Way better than season 1. Loved the Galavant arc. Hopefully the remainder of the season will be as good as the first half.

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #137 on: January 25, 2016, 12:18:19 PM »
I loved the first episode of Arrow!

I thought it was really cool how they used the opening scene (especially considering how the first half of the season ended) and then went back four months. It's kind of an over-used plot device but they had a nice twist to it, I thought. Anyway, I'm engaged in the series again now that Oliver actually seems to be learning from his mistakes.  :)
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #138 on: January 25, 2016, 01:50:47 PM »
I liked Arrow and Flash this week.

I watched Legends of Tomorrow, but I need to see more before rendering a judgement.

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #139 on: January 25, 2016, 02:18:32 PM »
I watched Legends of Tomorrow, but I need to see more before rendering a judgement.

same.  Kind of fun to watch, but a lot of the scenes that included all the characters seemed to boil down into "yeah, what he said", "me too", "I agree" over and over.

I do like that they are laying out some clear motivational differences for each character joining the team.
Winger would be better!