Author Topic: DC comics TV shows (Arrow/Flash/Gotham/etc)  (Read 17674 times)

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • First Follower
    • Lady Obscure Music Magazine
Re: DC comics TV shows (Arrow/Flash/Gotham/etc)
« Reply #315 on: September 02, 2018, 05:00:19 PM »
Catching up with Flash, and I'm up to the Invasion! crossover. Had to watch all three of course, and am on the Legends one, and I think they snuck in the best easter egg ever when Felicity gets linguistic issues from her first time travel venture and in her blabbering utters "Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra" :lol

Just sharing with nerds who appreciate this type of shit.
Quote from: nightmare_cinema
So should lonestar and I have babies or something now, is that how this works?
Dang, you're easily the coolest fogey I know of

Online Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
    • my coverband
« Reply #316 on: September 04, 2018, 04:02:46 AM »
Those crossovers were really enjoyable to watch.
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline pg1067

« Reply #317 on: September 04, 2018, 12:45:57 PM »
So...I don't watch these shows, but my wife and daughter do, so I catch the occasional episode.  I can't help but feel like these shows exist for almost no purpose other than to showcase incredibly attractive 25-35 year old people (I focus on the women).  Not that I'm complaining, mind you, and I realize Sidney Bristow's dad and Det. Green from Law & Order don't fit that description, but it seems to strain credibility -- and makes it difficult for this casual observer to take them seriously -- when the smoking hot blond with the sexy librarian look is supposed to be a super genius with a Ph.D in quantum physics (or whatever).  Am I missing something?
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline bosk1

• Bow down to Boskaryus
  • Administrator
  • Kabbalah
« Reply #318 on: September 04, 2018, 12:51:44 PM »
While I get what you are saying, is it any surprise given how people (especially, but not limited to, the super heroes themselves) are drawn in the comics these shows are based on?  I mean, I'm not defending the quality of these shows (I haven't even seen them and don't intend to).  But as a casual observer of your casual observerness, I think that might be a misplaced gripe.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline pg1067

« Reply #319 on: September 04, 2018, 12:59:14 PM »
While I get what you are saying, is it any surprise given how people (especially, but not limited to, the super heroes themselves) are drawn in the comics these shows are based on?  I mean, I'm not defending the quality of these shows (I haven't even seen them and don't intend to).  But as a casual observer of your casual observerness, I think that might be a misplaced gripe.

Not really a gripe; just an observation (and your point about how comic books are drawn makes sense).  However, there's no way that my wife in an alternate universe would have the creds she has at her age.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline bosk1

• Bow down to Boskaryus
  • Administrator
  • Kabbalah
« Reply #320 on: September 04, 2018, 01:02:34 PM »
Gotcha.  :tup
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
  • AnybodyListening.net
    • AnybodyListening.net - The Ultimate Guide to Queensr˙che's Original Lineup!
« Reply #321 on: September 10, 2018, 11:55:32 AM »
Hmm...other than Poison Ivy (the last casting of her), and Dr. Thompkins (who is portrayed by the absolutely stunning Morena Baccarin (who is 39), not sure I agree. But then again, I've ONLY watched Gotham. No real interest in the others.

Offline ariich

• sexin' you later
  • Global Moderator
  • Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun!
« Reply #322 on: September 10, 2018, 12:24:20 PM »
Hmm...other than Poison Ivy (the last casting of her), and Dr. Thompkins (who is portrayed by the absolutely stunning Morena Baccarin (who is 39), not sure I agree. But then again, I've ONLY watched Gotham. No real interest in the others.
Gotham is very different, and entirely unconnected. The Arrowverse is definitely very attractive 20-somethings.

Online kingshmegland

• defender of the brew!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #323 on: September 10, 2018, 01:36:23 PM »
Gotham is very different, and entirely unconnected. The Arrowverse is definitely very attractive 20-somethings.

That's a CW thing.  They target young audiences.
“I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart

So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #324 on: September 10, 2018, 05:09:47 PM »
mmmm, Morena Baccarin :hat
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
  • AnybodyListening.net
    • AnybodyListening.net - The Ultimate Guide to Queensr˙che's Original Lineup!
« Reply #325 on: September 11, 2018, 01:08:04 PM »