Author Topic: Writers Unite!  (Read 8358 times)

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
Re: Writers Unite!
« Reply #140 on: August 03, 2015, 11:45:27 PM »
So these days I've been writing a lot. Well, at least more than I used to some weeks ago - which was exactly nothing  :lol . I think it's the typewriter which has kind of inspired me - since I can't go back and delete what I'd just written, I keep writing. And there are no distractions like in my computer, that's the best part. I can actually focus.

I've also found the writing group inspiring - loving the feedback and activity it has, even if it has been a bit calmer these last days. Feel free to start your own threads there  ;D
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 11:52:31 PM by Sacul »

Offline Jarlaxle

« Reply #141 on: August 05, 2015, 04:27:25 PM »
Just getting caught up on the writing group now! Just got back to Canada from my vacation in New Zealand so it has been hectic getting my life back together and catching up with friends and family.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #142 on: August 27, 2015, 12:58:24 PM »
Finished chapter 15, and with that have what I expect to be one quarter of the first draft, which is 100'000 words. Or 100'123 to be exact. One quarter done of the first of six books... This is quite a project I have taken on. With this pace it'll take me close to 30 years to complete the series. But hopefully I'll manage to speed up the process a bit, since I barely wrote a thing all winter.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 01:07:34 PM by BlackInk »

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #143 on: August 27, 2015, 05:34:54 PM »
Hopefully you won't die before finishing it :lol

Although I'm still into worldbuilding phase, and kind of want to undertake some stories now, I don't feel ready for it. Like, each time I write something, no matter if it is a small detail or a complete page, I find so many possibilities for future plots and stories that I don't really want to stop doing this. College has been crazy for me as a freshman, but hopefully I'll have all of summer free - then is when I'll tackle writing with a more serious approach. By now I'm comfortable writing around a half/complete page on my typewriter everyday, feels so good to have the habit. Also, writing this way truly shows me how much process I've made - 20 pages and counting!

PS: Posted a new topic in the Writing group - hoping to revilatise it or something ;D
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 05:45:25 PM by Sacul »

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #144 on: August 31, 2015, 12:01:55 PM »
I actually took the advice Sheldon gave me in the Goodreads writing group and cut my prologue down by more than 2'000 words. It hurts a little, since there were things in there I liked and details about the world I wanted in there, but it works better now in terms of story and leaves what actually happened a mystery. It'll now be fun to make vague references to the event throughout the rest of the series.

New shorter version here: https://www.writerscafe.org/writing/DanielLarnhem/1578840/

PS: Posted a new topic in the Writing group - hoping to revilatise it or something ;D

Posted too, but it seems like it's dead now. Too bad, I liked it.