Author Topic: 'Twin Peaks will get a third season in 2016'  (Read 4610 times)

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
Re: 'Twin Peaks will get a third season in 2016'
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2017, 08:14:54 AM »
So if I haven't watched Twin Peaks before, is it wise to go in all fresh or should I watch the original first?
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Online Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2017, 08:31:47 AM »
How do I watch the new stuff without getting a subscription to something I won't use otherwise? I have a Netflix account, but it's not on there.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Online Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2017, 09:25:02 AM »
So if I haven't watched Twin Peaks before, is it wise to go in all fresh or should I watch the original first?
Definitely watch the original first, since the new season is a direct continuation of the plot of the original but 25 years later.

How do I watch the new stuff without getting a subscription to something I won't use otherwise? I have a Netflix account, but it's not on there.
Check the twin peaks subreddit, there's a list with how to watch it depending in your country. Maybe you can get a free trial in some services. Or if you already have Netflix, you can use a VPN that sets your computer as if it was in Latin America and watch it there, we have the four parts with original audio and also English subs.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2017, 10:06:54 AM »
Definitely watch the original first, since the new season is a direct continuation of the plot of the original but 25 years later.
Alright, will try to do that.  :tup
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Online ozzy554

« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2017, 11:38:47 AM »
Alright, will try to do that.  :tup

Also Lynch said watching The Fire Walk With Me movie is essential for the new season as well.
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline Pragmaticcircus

• Classical Composer, Avant prog guitarist , musical artist, music fan, producer and much more....
  • The man wants his coffee ☕
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2017, 05:51:38 PM »

It's not a series you can get away without watching everything, JUST DO IT, it only takes about a week to catch up  :tup
"The thing that kills me is all these bands that use huge words in their lyrics, 'I'm swimming in a vortex of apathy.' I'm like, 'What?' I don't walk up to a friend and go 'That's a stylin' looking vortex of apathy you've got there pal. I was swimming up a river of deceit myself."
- Devin Townsend
"poop" - Ziltoid
Prog for life, all hail metal, I'm very Avant Garde,  God give me back my razor, and all that shit!

Offline Pragmaticcircus

• Classical Composer, Avant prog guitarist , musical artist, music fan, producer and much more....
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2017, 05:53:01 PM »
Also Lynch said watching The Fire Walk With Me movie is essential for the new season as well.

Yep, FWWM is crucial to the new series
"The thing that kills me is all these bands that use huge words in their lyrics, 'I'm swimming in a vortex of apathy.' I'm like, 'What?' I don't walk up to a friend and go 'That's a stylin' looking vortex of apathy you've got there pal. I was swimming up a river of deceit myself."
- Devin Townsend
"poop" - Ziltoid
Prog for life, all hail metal, I'm very Avant Garde,  God give me back my razor, and all that shit!

Offline Pragmaticcircus

« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2017, 05:55:05 PM »
Also, seeing Lynch's movies:

Eraserhead
Lost Highway
Mulholland Drive
Inland Empire

Would give you more context to the dark (and very "polarizing") style of the new series

This new series is probably the greatest thing that ever happened to me, as far as TV goes. It's perfect for me  :biggrin: :biggrin:  :hefdaddy
- Devin Townsend
"poop" - Ziltoid

Online ozzy554

« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2017, 01:10:58 PM »
Well part 6 was sad, disturbing, violent, and hilarious. Sometimes all in the same scene.
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2017, 02:15:27 AM »
Wow, so far it has been great, funny and totally confusing at the same time. Yup, that's Twin Peaks. 
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Online ozzy554

« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2017, 12:06:15 PM »
Part 7 was my favorite episode so far. I guess we've entered the second act of this 18 hour long movie lol
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2017, 05:10:54 AM »
Haven't watched the most recent part.

I have to say I binged watched the original Twin Peaks with my gf a month ago. After every episode towards the end I just kept saying "what the fuck did I just watch?"

Online ozzy554

« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2017, 10:31:38 AM »
Haven't watched the most recent part.

I have to say I binged watched the original Twin Peaks with my gf a month ago. After every episode towards the end I just kept saying "what the fuck did I just watch?"

That sums up almost every David Lynch project.
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline Shooters1221

« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2017, 12:07:17 PM »
I love TP but most of part 8 was annoying to me as the scenes like the bomb and after just dragged too long with horrible ummmmmm.....sounds.?.?  I'm not a big NiN fan either. I'm really digging the new eps. but this one was just not for me.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2017, 12:48:49 PM »
Loving S3 so far

Online Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2017, 12:55:27 PM »
Part 7 was pretty straightforward and linear, and this the total opposite :lol very good chapter, even if it dragged for a bit too long.

Online Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2017, 07:10:23 PM »
That was... amazing.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #52 on: August 28, 2017, 04:30:48 AM »
Holy shit this episode. Twin Peaks - The Return is easily the best tv show in 2017.

Online Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2017, 12:17:07 AM »
What the actual fuck.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #54 on: September 04, 2017, 10:43:08 AM »
Holy mindfuck batman