Author Topic: THE WALKING DEAD - SEASON 5  (Read 86527 times)

Offline lucky7

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: THE WALKING DEAD - SEASON 5
« Reply #105 on: October 20, 2014, 06:08:37 PM »
I agree.....maybe they think we will forget it is part zombie show instead of just being The Talking Dead.  :smiley:

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #106 on: October 20, 2014, 06:20:28 PM »
I just want to see that huge zombie horde again we saw last season. With all the gun fire, they are bound to migrate, especially with that explosion at Terminus. They can't be too far away.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Keeper of the Seven Sloths
« Reply #107 on: October 20, 2014, 10:46:43 PM »
interesting theory I saw on another forum.

What if some of the Termites were members of Father Gabriel's congregation, and since they were locked out of his church, they founded Terminus?

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #108 on: October 21, 2014, 12:17:22 AM »
This might be going overboard a bit but I think these two episodes are better than all of season 4 combined
I agree but I sure hope they don't stay an entire season at that church.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #109 on: October 21, 2014, 07:19:05 AM »
This might be going overboard a bit but I think these two episodes are better than all of season 4 combined
I agree but I sure hope they don't stay an entire season at that church.

Judging by the tempo they've set and they way that episode was pretty darn close to what the comic had as a storyline.....I'd be willing to bet that they won't be around the church very long....two episodes tops I'd say. Unless they decide to throw an episode of Daryl and Carol searching for Beth in there.

I just want to see that huge zombie horde again we saw last season. With all the gun fire, they are bound to migrate, especially with that explosion at Terminus. They can't be too far away.

I think it's a safe bet that there will be another encounter with one of those massive Walker hordes.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #110 on: October 21, 2014, 09:52:27 AM »
Anyone else think we're going to see that absolutely MASSIVE zombie horde from that one scene in the first half of season 4 this season? I hope so, I thought that would come into play during last season's finale, but I guess they're saving it for this year?

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #111 on: October 21, 2014, 11:51:22 AM »

Anyone else think we're going to see that absolutely MASSIVE zombie horde from that one scene in the first half of season 4 this season? I hope so, I thought that would come into play during last season's finale, but I guess they're saving it for this year?

Mini COMIC SPOILER.....won't ruin the show for you by any means but it is comic talk..........There is a point in the comics that is quite possible to happen this season given it's relation to what's going on now.....where Abraham, Rick and Carl make a run in a vehicle.....and on thier way back as they crest a hill they run smack dab into the hoard of all hoards..... I can't recall exactly how it all went down, this was a good 1-1/2 ago that I read it....but those three do encounter a hoard that makes the one we've seen look small.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #112 on: October 21, 2014, 12:41:29 PM »
Somehow completely missed that Zook had mentioned it before.

What you described would be really cool to see, hope they include it.

Offline Fluffy Lothario

« Reply #113 on: October 22, 2014, 02:53:09 PM »
interesting theory I saw on another forum.

What if some of the Termites were members of Father Gabriel's congregation, and since they were locked out of his church, they founded Terminus?
The question that most interests me is what went down at the church and how the priest has really been surviving.

It's very unlikely he's survived on his own, with no assistance, for so long, so my first conclusion after the car that took Beth reappeared (with a cross on the back window, right?) was that there is a group nearby that remain religious and feed him in return for his absolving their sins or something. But that doesn't explain the things that Carl found.

My co-worker also had the thought that he had a flock, and shut them out during a siege. I don't see it being Terminus folk though. The place is within a day's walk, and they seemed powerful enough that, if they bore any grudge, they could have returned and fucked up his shit.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #114 on: October 26, 2014, 09:55:16 AM »
New episode tonight. Any predictions?

Also I'm gonna drive down and visit the filming location of Terminus today.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #115 on: October 26, 2014, 12:23:10 PM »
New episode tonight. Any predictions?

By the end of the episode the 'hunters' will have realized that they aren't as 'bad' or as 'intimidating' as they think they are and that they've met their match in Rick & Co.

Also I'm gonna drive down and visit the filming location of Terminus today.

How cool! How'd you pull that off? Is it something that anyone can do or is this a hook up?

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #116 on: October 26, 2014, 01:36:10 PM »
https://walkingdeadlocations.com/locations-index-2/

I found the location there. It's right on the outskirts of Atlanta.
The compound itself is private property, but you can walk around the outer fences and take all the pics you want.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 01:43:13 PM by Metropolaris »

Online orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #117 on: October 26, 2014, 07:45:14 PM »
Hell yeah.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #118 on: October 26, 2014, 08:04:58 PM »
Well damn

Online orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #119 on: October 26, 2014, 08:06:10 PM »
Despite how quickly they dealt with Terminus (the actual place) it's nice to see them moving along the plot and not drawing out this whole season into a group vs the Hunters kind of thing.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #120 on: October 26, 2014, 08:12:15 PM »
Yeah that's what worried me at first. I think they spent an appropriate amount of time. I have no clue what the hell they're gonna do next though.

Offline Tom Bombadil

• We Do Not Sow
« Reply #121 on: October 26, 2014, 08:13:26 PM »
Can't say enough how impressed with this season I am. I was about ready to give up on the show after season 4, but it's been great so far. Gareth was an awesome villain who I thought was a lot more believable than the governor. I'm actually almost sad they killed him.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #122 on: October 26, 2014, 09:01:16 PM »
This show ever since Scott Gimple has taken over has been pretty great. He was thrust into a long suffering Governor storyline (that I am sooooo curious as to how he would have told that story...guarantee it'd have been done better) and he salvaged it and got the show back on track. The 'hunter' confrontation in the comics was maybe 4 or 5 pages long....near exact what tonight's episode was and it was such a relief to see them breeze through it.....and in such a great way!!! Very cool episode.

I love Rick's character now and where he's 'at'....he's pretty on point and the badass that he is. I'm curious as to the whole 'Beth' saga coming up.....at this point I can't be worried about it because Gimples track record IMO is faultless.

I thought that Michonne was going to find Morgan....not Daryl. So I guess that would have given Daryl and Carol...what, a full day to be gone? They didn't give us much to go on in the trailer....probably only what will be shown next week in the opening scenes..

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #123 on: October 26, 2014, 09:10:33 PM »
Why...did Daryl say "come on out" like that? Did they do something to Carol? Actually nervous about her. Man, this season is amazing so far.

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #124 on: October 26, 2014, 10:10:16 PM »
I definitely like the pacing of this season so far. I thought they spent entirely too long at the farm, with the whole damn Governor arc, and at the prison. And I didn't really like the search for Terminus. If this wasn't a viewing ritual for me and my son, I think I would have given up on this show. This season has been spectacular though, and rekindled my interest tenfold.
You don't HAVE a soul.You ARE a soul.You HAVE a body.
"I came here to drink milk and kick ass; and I just finished my milk."

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #125 on: October 26, 2014, 10:22:19 PM »
Why...did Daryl say "come on out" like that? Did they do something to Carol? Actually nervous about her. Man, this season is amazing so far.

I think it's just a question of who is going to be revealed? It could be as easy that Carol and Beth were hanging back while Daryl made sure the coast was clear....maybe they picked up a couple folks from wherever they came from? Who knows....I'm curious.

I definitely like the pacing of this season so far. I thought they spent entirely too long at the farm, with the whole damn Governor arc, and at the prison. And I didn't really like the search for Terminus. If this wasn't a viewing ritual for me and my son, I think I would have given up on this show. This season has been spectacular though, and rekindled my interest tenfold.

Yep. Both the Farm and Governor arc in the graphic novel didn't consume the amount of time the show put into them....and that it was I like about the way Gimple has approached his storytelling. Again...I'd have loved to see how he'd have handled those storylines. Anyway, There is a ton of material to work from...even if he kept this pace there'd be a good two full seasons worth....maybe three.....and that's just to catch up to where the novels at now. The stories/plot lines/characters to come definitely lend Gimple and Co. plenty of chances to do great things.

Offline lucky7

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #126 on: October 27, 2014, 02:09:52 AM »
Great episode...Rick was true to his word with the red machete.  :smiley: 

I was glad what happened at the church, I was shocked how quick a resolution, a part of me would have liked to see if any of the turned after the tainted meat, but glad they are gone. 

It will be good if behind Daryl is Carol and Beth and she recounts what happened to her in flashbacks....

This is a great season...  :smiley:

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #127 on: October 27, 2014, 04:11:19 AM »
As everyone else has already said, this season is really good so far. A massive step up from season 4.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #128 on: October 27, 2014, 01:17:39 PM »

I don't think he said it to Carol. Maybe it was Morgan? We saw him follow the signs in an earlier episode.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #129 on: October 27, 2014, 03:23:12 PM »
It's actually *spoilers* a new character named Noah. Played by Tyler James Williams(Chris from 'Everybody Hates Chris') as for how he meets up with Daryl, I have no clue.

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #130 on: October 27, 2014, 03:24:47 PM »

That was so freaking badass, I cheered when he delivered the 'I already made you a promise' line and hacked that annoying prick.  So good!

The network made a big deal over here with the preview for next week about Keisha Castle-Hughes playing a patient at the hospital Beth was at (because she's a Kiwi).  I really hope its not a recurring role.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #131 on: October 27, 2014, 05:12:45 PM »
Good episode! Yea Carol is definitly not alone and I wouldn't be surprised to see Beth with her.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #132 on: October 28, 2014, 12:36:32 AM »
I was gonna say it's a shame Maggie left before she found out Beth was alive but then remembered Maggie hasn't shown the slightest concern to anyone on the whereabouts of her sister heh
I wonder if Ford's road trip is going to be the subject of the spin off Kirkman talked about last year.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline Fluffy Lothario

« Reply #133 on: October 28, 2014, 08:54:43 AM »

That was so freaking badass, I cheered when he delivered the 'I already made you a promise' line and hacked that annoying prick.  So good!

The network made a big deal over here with the preview for next week about Keisha Castle-Hughes playing a patient at the hospital Beth was at (because she's a Kiwi).  I really hope its not a recurring role.
No koi-wois in the zombie apocalypse please.

I imagine Carol is gonna come out with Beth, and some new characters as an added bonus. I also have a sneaking suspicion, because of the way they've done it, Carol's gonna be disfigured or something. It would make sense in a weird sort of way for this show that, now they've made her about as close to invincible as you can get, they chop her down somehow.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 09:00:26 AM by Fluffy Lothario »

Offline Fluffy Lothario

« Reply #134 on: October 28, 2014, 08:58:28 AM »
I was gonna say it's a shame Maggie left before she found out Beth was alive but then remembered Maggie hasn't shown the slightest concern to anyone on the whereabouts of her sister heh
That is one of the only details that has irked me in the show at the moment. Has her absence ever even been mentioned by Maggie? I vaguely recall a scene of Daryl telling her that Beth was with him, or did I dream that up?

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #135 on: October 28, 2014, 08:59:01 AM »
I wonder if Ford's road trip is going to be the subject of the spin off Kirkman talked about last year.

I doubt it. Kirkman said the spin off will bee 100% new characters and places we havenb't seen in the show, comic, or video game.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #136 on: October 28, 2014, 03:15:39 PM »
Just caught up on this week's episode.

Fuck yes, Rick.

That is all.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #137 on: October 29, 2014, 03:33:20 PM »
So this image just leaked...

**WARNING: SPOILERS?**
https://oi57.tinypic.com/344eatt.jpg

:loser:
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 03:44:47 PM by Metropolaris »

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #138 on: October 29, 2014, 08:03:18 PM »
So this image just leaked...

**WARNING: SPOILERS?**
https://oi57.tinypic.com/344eatt.jpg

:loser:

:lol      I have no idea how they are going to have that character on the show....that character has to be on the show eventually given how large a character it is....but there is a serious dialogue issue to be addressed.....

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #139 on: October 30, 2014, 05:32:42 AM »
So as much as I like S5 so far, and I really like it that they picked up the pace of the show, I can't help but feel that the characters could still be stronger. With some of them, you can go 2 episodes without one of the "main" characters really saying a lot or doing anything, they're just kinda there in the background, and you might see them kill a zombie, but they don't really do anything apart from that. Frankly I think the main group is too big. You have too many people to focus on, and you can't flesh out character depth as easily with so many characters. I think a good example someone pointed out was the weird fact that Maggie hasn't really shown any concern for her sister Beth, neither in terms of sorrow (thinking she is dead) or action (wanting to go find her). If the group had 5-6 people less, this is one of those moments when they could have really explored that. And even if they set it up in the next episode, it would still come out of nowhere. It wouldn't surprise me if they try to give Maggie a scene like that in the next episode, so that we will remember Beth is still out there, but it would still come out of nowhere, and feel really weird, considering she hasn't shown those kind of emotions before.

Like I said, I like the season so far and they have stepped it up. But the characters themselves remain a weakness. But on the other hand I don't think 90% of the audience for the show really cares. Just look at the fan favorites and how shallow their traits are, basically any character who kicks ass, blows things up and kills zombies will be a fan favorite. Darryl, Michonne, Carol, or most recently, the new Rick.