Poll

Which choice best describes what it would take for you to see DT multiple times on the same tour?

Only if the setlists differ greatly from show to show (at least 50% different)
20 (18.9%)
If the band alternates between an A and B setlist (with 4 or 5 songs being different)
25 (23.6%)
I'm perfectly happy seeing them multiple times even if the setlist is static
39 (36.8%)
I'll only go see them once per tour, no matter what the setlist situation is.
19 (17.9%)
Other
3 (2.8%)

Total Members Voted: 104

Author Topic: Would you see DT multiple times on a single tour based on the setlist?  (Read 2735 times)

Offline sylvinception

• His name is Tyler Durden.
Re: Would you see DT multiple times on a single tour based on the setlist?
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2014, 07:56:08 AM »
I saw them twice this year. Twice it was great. :metal

But if I had the opportunity, I would like to ask them ONE question : "with a repertory as awesome as yours, how can you not be frustrated to play the same songs EVERY night ?" (== >> AND knowing that OTBOA and BAI were already played on the last tour...)

I honestly don't understand... But I'm not a professional musician.  ;)

By the way I voted for the B option.
And I hope they will make a "little effort" for the next tour...
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 08:04:51 AM by sylvinception »
OH MY GOD, I'M WATCHED!!!

Offline ShadowWalker

« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2014, 08:21:01 AM »
My answer is - it depends. In general, I am good for one show per tour per band, even if they are a band that changes the setlist from night to night. If it is a band I am into, I will make exceptions when it comes to bands that change nightly.

For band that have static setlists, it really depends on whether there is something unique that I feel I likely won't get a chance to hear again. For example, Rush's Time Machine Tour. That tour likely represented the only time I will ever hear "The Camera Eye" live, so I saw both shows that came to the DC/Baltimore area. I took in two shows on Rush's tour supporting Test For Echo because of the performance of the entire 2112 song.. I took in two shows during the first American leg of DT's Metropolis 2000 tour because I guessed that SFAM would never again be played in its entirety following that tour. Same with Roger Waters' recent tour for The Wall, Coheed & Cambria's recent Neverender shows when they did all of IKS. I would have seen DT twice on this tour to hear Space Dye Vest a second time but helping a friend in need kept me to only one show.

Offline Skeever

« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2014, 04:28:36 PM »
I voted 1., but I meant "other". I typically need to see the setlist before I'll decide whether I'm seeing them AT ALL. DT aren't the cheapest ticket around, ya know.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2014, 05:24:10 PM »
Having seen them multiple times every tour since I've been a fan, the only reason I went to multiple shows this past tour is because going to Boston gave me an opportunity to see them with and without the guests. They keep it static next tour and I'll cut down from my usual 2 or 3 shows to just Philly.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1