Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 896893 times)

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I'm one listen in and its definitely on par with Rulebreaker.  It's kick ass and like the Chadster said, its excellent from top to bottom but nothing new from PF.  "Hail to the Fear" stood out to me upon first listen but I need to listen a few more times.

I was awaiting the third in the epic 'trilogy'... One Night In December --> We Walk Without Fear --> ??  Eye of the storm was close, but not close enough.

agreed

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
The last Primal Fear album I bought was 16.6 and haven't kept up with them since.  So this new one seems pretty kickass to me.   :metal

Delivering the Black is where it's at.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Fuck yeah, just went for a hike to an out of town JB that is one of the most reliable and got a copy of the limited edition Primal Fear!!  :metal

Wont get to listen until tomorrow though.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I was surprised that Sunrise Records in town had a copy.  I took a shot and when I looked in the metal section and there wasn't anything.  I asked if they were getting in some copies and they checked in the back room and had one.

Let us know what you think of it Wolfster, I'm liking it more and more with each listen.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I was surprised that Sunrise Records in town had a copy.  I took a shot and when I looked in the metal section and there wasn't anything.  I asked if they were getting in some copies and they checked in the back room and had one.

Let us know what you think of it Wolfster, I'm liking it more and more with each listen.

Just on my first listen now.  New Rise is a fucking ripper, as the Ritual.  King of Madness has gown on me.  Classic Magnus, but great melodies and lasting effect.

Onto Blood, Sweat and Tears.  Generic as fuck riff but I like the pace.  Already this sounds more in the vein of DTB than RB which is a good thing.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Has anyone heard the new Primal Fear in its entirety?

I've ordered it, but it won't get here for a few more days. The reviews sound very good

Wait, so did you buy a copy after you already had it on order?

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
haha yeah couldn't wait

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Haha holy shit.  You are metal as fuck j!  :metal

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Only had one solid listen but the album is pretty good.  As I said, reminds me more of DTB than RB and that's fine in my book.  I LOVE Hounds of Justice.  I really like the modern chorus here.  Hail to the Fear still needs to sink in, but the ballads Supernova and Eye of the Storm is quite excellent.  I think Eye of the Storm is a very worthy counterpart to the epics from the last two albums.  Very different, but just as epic with some great emotion.

Cannonball is nice and groovy too, that was an instant fav.  Not sure what I think of the Beast yet.  The bonus tracks are good too.  Fight Against Evil is kind of average, but Into the FIre is a great different sounding song written by Alex and My War is Over is a generic but excellent Magnus ballad. 

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
It's not going to surpass the new Priest album for me, but I would definitely put it ahead of the new Saxon for the years best for me.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
It's not going to surpass the new Priest album for me, but I would definitely put it ahead of the new Saxon for the years best for me.

That's cuz the Preist album is awesome and the Saxon is kinda weak.  I'll check out the new PF when I get home. They just don't get any replay value from me.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

That's cuz the Preist album is awesome and the Saxon is kinda weak.  I'll check out the new PF when I get home. They just don't get any replay value from me.

Nah, the Saxon was good.

Offline Lowdz

Nah, the Saxon was good.

Not been back to either the Saxon or Priest. The growls backing vocals on 5he Saxon put me off it. Took me back to when they put the keyboards in in 5he 80s, chasing the almighty dollar. Not that growls will get them that now but it’s tokenistic.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Nah, the Saxon was good.

Not been back to either the Saxon or Priest. The growls backing vocals on 5he Saxon put me off it. Took me back to when they put the keyboards in in 5he 80s, chasing the almighty dollar. Not that growls will get them that now but it’s tokenistic.

It's only one song mate.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator

Nah, the Saxon was good.

It's only one song mate.

That's all it takes.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Lowdz

It was enough 😀. Seemed like more but that’s my crap memory for you. It seriously annoyed me though 😀

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
That’s the best song on the album though, and the only one that doesn’t scream how tired the band is.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
That’s the best song on the album though, and the only one that doesn’t scream how tired the band is.

No ... it just screams.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I knew that was coming from someone.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
I knew that was coming from someone.

I'm never one to disappoint you

At least until results come later tonight :neverusethis:

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

I wouldn't say the album sounds tired at all, but yeah that track is nice and fresh and great to see the band try something new.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
So I listened to this interview on the plane ride home. Some amazing insights to the inner workings of the Dio band. It runs 50 mins but if you have the time, and love 80's Dio, it's a MUST listen.

https://bravewords.com/news/former-dio-keyboardist-claude-schnell-on-craig-goldy-replacing-vivian-campbell-vivian-was-basically-set-up-audio

Offline Lowdz

https://youtu.be/JyZwyFWWzw8

New Red Dragon Cartel song. I like it, quite Badlandsy but the singer is no Ray Gillen. Voice isn’t strong enough for me.

Offline Lowdz

And the new Dynazty

https://open.spotify.com/album/0o4pvfL7N1oNTh4MYeegD2?si=15PTdDEpQ3qr9XuMJR4D0g

Not sure yet. Sounds like metal ABBA, which should be a good thing 😀
The singer is awesome though.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

New Red Dragon Cartel song. I like it, quite Badlandsy but the singer is no Ray Gillen. Voice isn’t strong enough for me.

I'm actually shocked that Darren Smith is still on the mic after that horrible outing he had when they did a few gigs.

Offline Lowdz

I'm actually shocked that Darren Smith is still on the mic after that horrible outing he had when they did a few gigs.

I guess they must be mates. It’s tough to follow Ray Gillen though.

Offline mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
Just got back from seeing Journey and Def Leppard in Nasville and both bands were great and the sound was fantastic.  Sometimes bands tend to sound too loud and distorted in Bridgestone Arena, but not tonight. 

The best song of the night was and extended version of the instrumental 'Switch 625' from the album High and Dry.  The drummer was really touched by the reception he received from the crowd.

I even met a guy wearing a Dream Theater shirt and talked progressive music in the consession line.
Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Offline Lowdz

I’ll give that a listen. Such a grea5 player, sadly missed

Offline Lowdz

From Frontiers for you non-facebookers...

BREAKING NEWS: Frontiers Music Srl is thrilled to announce the signing of Masters Of Ceremony, a new project masterminded by none other than one of the most talented writers, musicians, and producers of the German Heavy Metal scene, Sascha Paeth.

To label Sascha Paeth a multi-talented producer, engineer, musician, and songwriter might not quite cover his full set of skills and achievements. The Wolfsburg-born German multi-musician has produced countless bands including Avantasia, KAMELOT, Rhapsody, Epica, and more. Having worked on, produced, and engineered over 200 albums since 1988, it’s fair to say he has a reputation for being at the forefront of shaping the European melodic power metal sound. Now, Paeth is taking the next step in his artistic journey by releasing his new project, “Sascha Paeth’s Masters Of Ceremony”.

Sascha says, “Finally, I am putting my energy into a metal project of my own. It is the sum of my experiences over the years and a bit of a revival of what I was doing in the past.”

As a 15 year old teenager, you might have found Paeth playing a more bluesy style, or Van Halen-meets-Accept style hard rock, but it wasn’t long before Paeth joined Heaven’s Gate, where the music was harder and heavier. The experience was where he learned to enjoy inspiration from adapting, from new styles, and from new collaborations. It was the start of a long journey through the music business, a journey that is far from over!

“It took a few years of nice, and ambitious, talks about a possible collaboration with Frontiers,” says Sascha. “It’s my very first metal solo album and I am looking forward to sharing the progress on the production and revealing the band members over the next weeks and months."

+ www.saschapaeth.com
+ https://www.facebook.com/Sascha-Paeths-Masters-Of-Ceremony-252517935590849/
+ https://www.instagram.com/saschapaethofficial/

I know Kade isn’t a fan of his soloing but he can produce a very good sounding album.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Color me intrigued.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Marsters of Ceremony? Haha.

Yeah, Im not a fan of his leads or his tone at all, but this should be worth a listen.

Offline Lowdz

Another new one x 3/4 of Dokken and Robert Mason on vocals. Unfortunately they are saying it doesn’t sound like Dokken. I’d be happy if it did. Like all Lynch efforts these days I’ll sample it first.

https://www.hairbandheaven.rocks/single-post/2018/08/29/The-new-band-featuring-three-members-of-the-classic-DOKKEN-and-ROBERT-MASON-christened-THE-END