Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 896559 times)

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Yeah, I saw the headline. I've been busy myself and never went back to check it out.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Lowdz

T Mac has just announced a gig in Manchester in November. I will be there. Shame it doesn’t look like Vinnie Moore will be with him.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I don't know if I missed something earlier but I just got an email for a new project from Sean Peck, Tim Owens, and Harry Conklin and they have taken it upon themselves to steal the 'Three Tremors' title for their own release.

https://thethreetremors.com/site/index.html

Probably will be your normal generic metal, but could be worth a shot.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
This actually looks really cool

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I'm assuming that Halford, Dickinson and Tate didnt trademark that name. It's too bad they couldn't get on the same page and actually make that work.

I kind of thought Ripper would have done this kind of a project with Blaze and Tate. Maybe they tried and couldn't make it work.

Regardless I'll definitely check this out

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Sean Peck has some pipes.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
Wow. Those three guys are awesome.  I'm definitely interested in this project!

Ripper made a crack of not working with Tate again after their tour, so I'm not surprised to see him do this with other singers.  He picked two killer singers to work with!

Offline Lowdz

I know others disagree but awesome vocalist that Ripper is, he has never sang on anything I’ve liked. Best might be the Iced Earth stuff.

Hope there’s a decent songwriter involved.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Hopefully the album cover isn't the coolest thing about this project.  The album cover is awesome however.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Quote from: Frontiers FB
Nordic Union. "Second Coming". Out November 9, 2018 on CD/LP/Digital. More details, including tracklisting, and the first song from the album will be released in the coming weeks!

For those who don't know, Nordic Union is the collaboration between Erik Martensson of Eclipse (Sweden) (and W.E.T.) and Ronnie Atkins Official of Pretty Maids. This will be their second album. You can hear their first album on all streaming services.

I liked the first one.  Nothing ground breaking, but highly enjoyable.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I liked the first one too, but the way Martensson has been going, I don't have any hopes for this at all.  Ronnie will be the saving grace.

Offline Lowdz

Chalk another one up for liking the first ne.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
New Manimal! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sbQVFysd-w

Shit, I didn't realize they had an album coming out this year.  :2metal:

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

That is saweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
great tune!

Offline Lowdz

I like that.
I like the new Impelliteri too

https://youtu.be/do3Z4TxrYpA

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I like that.
I like the new Impelliteri too

https://youtu.be/do3Z4TxrYpA

I read awhile ago that Rob mentioned the new album was in the can but this is the first I've heard the new song and album title.

This is major kick ass and the album cover is very cool!!  A definite purchase from me

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I bought the last Impelliteri and listened to exactly once. I have a feeling this would be the same.

On the side scroll apparently Uriah Heep has a new song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHgDPxLlFW4

I like it a lot. I've bought their last handful of albums and find them all very enjoyable. Bernie Shaw still sounds fantastic.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Cruisin' youtube tonight and I found this 1985 footage of Flotsam & Jetsam...with Jason.
WOW!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5N_VgD8hfYo

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
For those of you with some spare cash too throw around.  Back in the day when my financial circumstances were very different I would've got amongst it , but I'll have to leave it up to you guys to buy up big for the team.  ;)

https://www.juliensauctions.com/auctions/2018/ronnie-dio/index.html
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Lowdz

I bought the last Impelliteri and listened to exactly once. I have a feeling this would be the same.

On the side scroll apparently Uriah Heep has a new song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHgDPxLlFW4

I like it a lot. I've bought their last handful of albums and find them all very enjoyable. Bernie Shaw still sounds fantastic.

I’ve heard about 2 Heep songs ever but I l8ked that track. Will have to check out the last couple

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

I thought that was just okay.  Quality sound but didn't blow me away at all.

Offline ozzy554

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/manilla-roads-mark-the-shark-shelton-dead-at-60/

Although I haven't been able to get into them too much I do like a couple songs. I know a lot of people considered Manilla Road a hidden gem in the genre. RIP
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Lost in the DTF hoopla of the new Redemption and Michael Romeo's new albums, which seem pretty good on first sampling, is the new Dee Snider album, which is all kinds of  :metal :metal

Seriously, this album kicks ass.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I'm liking the sounds of the new Dee album with each new song that came out.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Lost in the DTF hoopla of the new Redemption and Michael Romeo's new albums, which seem pretty good on first sampling, is the new Dee Snider album, which is all kinds of  :metal :metal

Alright then... I guess I know what I'm spinning tomorrow morning.

Welcome back to real music, Tim.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I definitely TACcomend it.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/manilla-roads-mark-the-shark-shelton-dead-at-60/

Although I haven't been able to get into them too much I do like a couple songs. I know a lot of people considered Manilla Road a hidden gem in the genre. RIP

That's terrible. He seemed like a true lifer.

But, I literally have never heard of them.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
"We are all fucking metal!"  :metal

Love the new Dee!

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Alright then... I guess I know what I'm spinning tomorrow morning.

Welcome back to real music, Tim.

*Secretly hoping the Dee Snider is filled with growls................*  ;D

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
The Dee Snider disc is amazing.  I wasn't sure what to expect, but every song is just full of awesome riffs and HEAVY.  He sounds amazing on the record too.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Yeah, it's really heavy. Testament-lite.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Yeah, it's really heavy. Testament-lite.

Wow.  I know nothing from Dee or Twisted Sister but might have to check this out.