Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 903629 times)

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
DTF wishes Ben a kickass birthday.  He's already got the musical taste (and shirt) for it.

New Borealis!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqlqxJaEzhM

Nothing new here but pretty damn nice.

Agreed.  Will be a day 1 purchase for me.

Guess I need to spin up that Stryper.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I've read a lot of the comments for that Stryper song and the opinions are truly split. Half hate it, half love it! But the bottom line is people are talking about a new Stryper album and new Stryper song

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Lowdz

Just popping in to say I l8ked the Saxon. Not keen on the growls on that one song, just didn’t add anything but I could ignore them as it wasn’t too in your face.

One of the songs was a dead ringer for a track off Power and Glory.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Just popping in to say I l8ked the Saxon. Not keen on the growls on that one song, just didn’t add anything but I could ignore them as it wasn’t too in your face.

I'm really liking the new Saxon too.

And between growls showing up on the new Saxon album along with the new Stryper, maybe Kade is onto something  :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I gave the Saxon album another listen. I stand by my first impression. For me, this is by far their worst album since the Pre Lionheart days.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

I'm really liking the new Saxon too.

And between growls showing up on the new Saxon album along with the new Stryper, maybe Kade is onto something  :lol

Oh yeah. My persistence may be slowly paying off hey j?  :biggrin:
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
 :rollin

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
So I just stumbled across the 'Gotthard" greatest hits release (out Feb 23... 3 singles released already) that is being tagged as "Coreleoni", with Romero on vox.  Since I don't know much (any) Gotthard, I'm looking forward to this.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
So I just stumbled across the 'Gotthard" greatest hits release (out Feb 23... 3 singles released already) that is being tagged as "Coreleoni", with Romero on vox.  Since I don't know much (any) Gotthard, I'm looking forward to this.

I'm familiar with Gotthard's first few albums, and from what they've released of this so far, they're sounding like decent and faithful versions of the songs, and Ronnie Romero's a great fit. I don't know how he'll fare on the really high vocals, but his tone is definitely right.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Happy birthday to Ben, Brent!
What an awesome age!

Offline Lowdz

Early Gotthard was pretty good. Very Whitesnake-y iirc

And happy birthday to Ben 🤘 all the best people have their birthday in February 😀

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Heard one of the CoreLeone tracks on Bravewords the other day and it absolutely blew.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Heard one of the CoreLeone tracks on Bravewords the other day and it absolutely blew.

Which one, this one?  I thought it was pretty good, but then again, I'm a pretty big Romero fanboi.

https://youtu.be/Irc5j1gkihY?t=4

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Ben thanks you all very much for the birthday wishes.

I showed him the thread a couple of days back and showed him the posts from Chad,Jay, Kade etc.....  At that stage Tim hadn't posted and he said " so what about Tim - I want another voucher this year" and I told him to just wait..............and Tim didn't disappoint  :lol  :tup

I just realised that this weekend the 40th anniversary of one of the most influential hard rock albums ever ticked over

"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Lowdz

Never heard of it...

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Ben thanks you all very much for the birthday wishes.

I showed him the thread a couple of days back and showed him the posts from Chad,Jay, Kade etc.....  At that stage Tim hadn't posted and he said " so what about Tim - I want another voucher this year" and I told him to just wait..............and Tim didn't disappoint  :lol  :tup
:tup :tup :tup

Never heard of it...

:lol
Beat me to it!

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
That Van Halen debut is solid

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I should really go back through the early VH albums and give them more attention.  I just never understood the appeal.  I don't mind a lot of their stuff but I don't know, somethings missing for me.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
As per request Jay - my #1 1978 KISS "blood" comic

I snapped one of the ads - Hit Parader was always a metal mag for me as a kid so it was pretty cool to see Eric Clapton on the cover

"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Look at Ace's face. He's the only one without his mouth open. $10 says he's getting heroin.  :lol

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
 :lol   He does look very relaxed .

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Lowdz

Just seen on Facebook that Glenn Tipton has Parkinson’s and won’t be playing much on the tour. Andy Sneap is standing in. Parkinson’s is a bastard

https://www.facebook.com/OfficialJudasPriest/posts/10156029516983965
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 02:29:46 AM by Lowdz »

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Damn - although I gotta say I have suspected as much for a while.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Lowdz

Yeah, can’t say it was a shock looking at video footage the last few years.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

I suspected something was up too but didn't think it was this severe.  His playing on the last DVD was very sloppy and I always wondered why Richie handled most leads on ROS.  A new guy slotting straight in and becoming the lead guy was strange.  I thought it was just Glen slowing down and it was but this is a terrible reason.  I love this dude and he'd be one of my top 5 fav guitarists, so sad.  :'(

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I had mentioned in the Priest thread that this seemingly will make Firepower extra special as its likely the last Priest album.

But total respect for Glenn to be playing through this for the last decade  :metal

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I had mentioned in the Priest thread that this seemingly will make Firepower extra special as its likely the last Priest album.

But total respect for Glenn to be playing through this for the last decade  :metal

You're right Jason, this has to be the last Priest record, you would think, and surely they wouldn't record without Glen.  Man this is hitting me hard.  To have such a talent the way he plays and to slowly lose it with no control is just terrible.  Sounds like his attitude is unreal though and you couldn't ask for anything else.

Offline Lowdz

You're right Jason, this has to be the last Priest record, you would think, and surely they wouldn't record without Glen.  Man this is hitting me hard.  To have such a talent the way he plays and to slowly lose it with no control is just terrible.  Sounds like his attitude is unreal though and you couldn't ask for anything else.

This.
It’s such an awful disease for anyone, but a musician? Cruel. I really felt for Pat Torpey as a drummer who had the ultimate control over his limbs to lose that... just awful.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Offline Lowdz

Her looks are the only thing that’s got going for it.

Video nearly brought on epilepsy and the music was awful.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Check this chick out!

https://bravewords.com/news/jinjer-launch-official-live-video-for-cloud-factory

Can I ask why you felt the need to post this Tim?

:lol

I seriously don’t have no good answer.

On one hand, she is smoking, but that voice :facepalm:

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Yes, very appealing on the eye, but her vocals were weak.  She's an Arch Enemy wannabe, but is  sexy indeed.