Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 896688 times)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
So I came across this song..

Rock And Roll City by the um...Death Keepers (:neverusethis:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOxpvuumyVM

I thought, WTF? But this song actually put a smile on my face. Has an 80's Schenker/Scorpions feel.

I fully expect you guys to tell me it blows! :rollin
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
It blows.........

Cellador away  ;D

I don't mind that , especially for a band called Death Keeper  :lol
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

I thought, WTF? But this song actually put a smile on my face. Has an 80's Schenker/Scorpions feel.

This really blows Tim. 

I haven't clicked on it though, I will later on.  ;D

Just posting here as a public service so that you guys get something other than "Your favorites.............." showing in your unread posts.

Fucking hell  :lol

Yeah, I don't get what's going on here lately with all these to be honest.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
It bothers me that they aren't in the Polls/Survivors section instead of General Music.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I don't even look at them anymore

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
It bothers me that they aren't in the Polls/Survivors section instead of General Music.

Legit.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I don't mind that they're in the Music Discussion forum. I think they are designed to inspire conversation. Unfortunately it ends up more often than not with people simply listing the songs they picked.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
It screams "look at my posts... please!?!?!" 
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth

This.
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Huh.. I've never thought of it that way. That really never occurred to me.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator

Huh.. I've never thought of it that way. That really never occurred to me.

You ever go to a dinner party and force a topic of conversation on people?  15 times?  Or do you just normally let conversation happen?  The dude - whether consciously or not - is ultimately exerting control of discussion ... his at his whims.  Seems he either has control issues, or worthiness issues (come and discuss these multitude of topics of my choosing).

But whatevs... we all have the choice to click the threads or not - I choose "not". I'm just mildly annoyed that he's got so many, he's pushing aside other discussion threads.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
I'm just mildly annoyed that he's got so many
That's what got to me aswell. At first I figured it was just going to be a couple and thought "whatever, maybe it'll get people talking about something". But now it seems to be an ongoing thing and they really shouldn't be in posted in General.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Thats why I lock myself into The Official Hard Rock/Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabillia Thread and rarely leave.

Offline Lowdz

Thats why I lock myself into The Official Hard Rock/Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabillia Thread and rarely leave.

Wait, there’s other threads?

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Kiss comes across as major pricks in this one.

Who cares what the guy is wearing.  You can tell they are trying to come across as half joking, but are totally serious.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Hey Gene, the jerkstore called.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
  You can tell they are trying to come across as half joking, but are totally serious.

Totally.

I’d have thought better of Paul.

Me too.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Good job ganging up on a journo fellas, jeez.  The journo handled himself really well though.

Paul needs to be careful, lay off the donuts a little mate.

Yeah, sorry Tim.......next!?

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Cool interview with Tony Carey. Talks about the Rainbow days.

https://goodtimesrock.ru/?page_id=1707

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

This is what I just sent to Train Of Naught in his roulette:
Lor-Eidolon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVKVNp5fNcw

Not sure if you'd like it, but I LOVE this album.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Lor-Eidolon

Thinking I should hold off, for roulette purposes.

Online bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Another big name gone - Fast Eddie R.I.P.

I have never been a Motorhead fan at all but didn't mind a bit of Fastway.  Either way it's sad to be losing so many of these guys each year now.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Lowdz

Saw that. Liked early Motörhead but didn’t listen to anything after Iron Fist. I wasn’t a huge fan but loved No Sleep TIL Hammersmith. No point saying RIP where Motörhead are concerned 😀

Here’s the new band with Frontiers. I like the guy’s voice but the song is bland.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IdPPCv5UETI

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Lor-Eidolon

Thinking I should hold off, for roulette purposes.

Eh, go ahead and check it out. I don't think it's really your thing, and I wouldn't send it I'm your roulette anyway.

Another big name gone - Fast Eddie R.I.P.

I have never been a Motorhead fan at all but didn't mind a bit of Fastway.  Either way it's sad to be losing so many of these guys each year now.

The entire classic Motorhead lineup is gone. My first major Christmas haul when I was a kid included No Sleep.

Offline gazinwales

Are there any Children Of Bodom fans here?
Reason I ask here is, I searched and couldn't find a dedicated COB thread.
i could have sworn there was one?

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Are there any Children Of Bodom fans here?
Reason I ask here is, I searched and couldn't find a dedicated COB thread.
i could have sworn there was one?

Yeah bro, I thought there was one too.  Big fan. Although not so much of their latest stuff.

Offline gazinwales

I was pretty much the same as you, but their last release 'I Worship Chaos' was a pretty good return to form.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 08:16:28 PM by gazinwales »

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I was pretty much the same as you, but their last release 'I Worship Chaos' was a pretty good return to form.

I wouldn't say a return to form, but I didn't mind it either, it was definitely a step up from the few before it.

Offline gazinwales

While I don't think it even touches the first 4 Bodom albums, it's pretty decent.
What's your fave COB?

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
While I don't think it even touches the first 4 Bodom albums, it's pretty decent.
What's your fave COB?

Gotta be FTR mate.  It changes between that, Hatecrew and Hatebreeder but I think Reaper is my go to album from them.  It use to be Hatecrew but these days I'd say Reaper.  The debut was one that I never really got into as much as the next three either for some reason.  I am a big fan of AYDY also, I think that's a fabulous album.

Just be prepared mate, we might cop it for talking about a growly band in this thread.  These pansies can't handle them.  :lol  ;D

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
I searched and couldn't find a dedicated COB thread.
This one? Though it's pretty old and not linked in the band index thread.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
There is only 6 postings allowed a year in this thread that discusses growlie shit.

Sorry boys, you're 2018 quota is done for the year. 2019 you can continue that COB conversation.

Man new Judas Priest and Saxon coming up right away!  :metal :metal :metal :metal

Offline gazinwales

What's your fave COB?

Gotta be FTR mate.  It changes between that, Hatecrew and Hatebreeder but I think Reaper is my go to album from them.  It use to be Hatecrew but these days I'd say Reaper.  The debut was one that I never really got into as much as the next three either for some reason.  I am a big fan of AYDY also, I think that's a fabulous album.

Just be prepared mate, we might cop it for talking about a growly band in this thread.  These pansies can't handle them.  :lol  ;D

Yeah FTR is also my fave Bodom and go to, but did you know that there are two different versions of the album?
The Spinefarm and Nuclear Blast versions have slightly different mixes.

I actually don't think Alexi's vocal style is growls, it's more erm, well rough'n'gruff ramblings or something that cannot quite be described.

JP and Saxon, OAP with bus passes  ;D
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 02:15:02 AM by gazinwales »