Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 896564 times)

Offline Lowdz

Brent, I see that you are playing that WASP remix Crimson Idol album.  Whats the review?

Half way through and I'd say it's worth a listen for those that love The Crimson Idol.     It has a few missing songs and interludes that were intended for the original but just bear in mind that it's a re-record.    Most of the classic songs are just missing that edge that the originals had and born again Christian Blackie has sanitised the language in Chainsaw Charlie which got a bit of an  ::)  from me.

Whoever did the Aldrich solo on Arena of Pleasure made a decent effort but nobody could play that properly other than Doug himself.

Enjoying the listen and the extra songs are fine , but overall it's not quite in the league of the original.

Better than Tater's re-records on FU    ;D

To be better than the FU rerecords is nothing to aim for.

Interesting. I'm always worried by rerecords as they never recapture the magic of the original. How can they?
Not happy with censoring the language but I'll be able to play it in the car when the kids are there 😀

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I thought that new WASP was out already.  But amazon is saying to be released on Feb 2nd.

I can't say I've ever really been too impressed with many rerecorded songs/albums.

Those FU songs sounded terrible and so did that Dokken rerecorded album a few years back.  I don't know why I bothered buying that Dokken, it was pure garbage and I just ended up launching it into a BFI bin.

The one that did stand out to me as very good was Twisted Sister, Still Hungry.  Above average for sure.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Brent, I see that you are playing that WASP remix Crimson Idol album.  Whats the review?

Half way through and I'd say it's worth a listen for those that love The Crimson Idol.     It has a few missing songs and interludes that were intended for the original but just bear in mind that it's a re-record.    Most of the classic songs are just missing that edge that the originals had and born again Christian Blackie has sanitised the language in Chainsaw Charlie which got a bit of an  ::)  from me.

Whoever did the Aldrich solo on Arena of Pleasure made a decent effort but nobody could play that properly other than Doug himself.

Enjoying the listen and the extra songs are fine , but overall it's not quite in the league of the original.

Better than Tater's re-records on FU    ;D

I had no idea it was anywhere near getting released.

The bolded part might just ruin the whole thing for me, that's fucking ridiculous!
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni

The bolded part might just ruin the whole thing for me, that's fucking ridiculous!

That bolded part is correct  ;D

I will say that for a re-record 25 years later it is well done.  Fucking well done Blackie.  :metal
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 03:49:18 PM by bl5150 »
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

That bolded part is correct  ;D

I will say that for a re-record 25 years later it is well done.  Fucking well done Blackie.  :metal

Good to hear.  Knowing that he took the swearing out though leaves me feeling a bit dirty.

When is the official release date then?

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
There does seem to be some confusion now that I have looked around.  Hmm - reminds me of the last Armored Saint album.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
There does seem to be some confusion now that I have looked around.  Hmm - reminds me of the last Armored Saint album.

This will be a purchase for me nevertheless.

Offline Lowdz

I'll be getting it mainly for the DVD, though it's likely to be cringeworthy.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

I'm confident Blackie will put a decent effort in with it.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Getting that random 403 error message when trying to post in Tim's roulette thread.  Must have been cause of the acoustic round.

Offline Lowdz

I'm confident Blackie will put a decent effort in with it.

Amazon is listing the DVD/blu ray for Feb 2nd. Just in time for my birthday (50... ugh) but too long to wait.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
From Frontiers' FB this morning

We are pleased to share the news that Nordic Union (Ronnie Atkins Official of Pretty Maids + Erik Martensson of Eclipse (Sweden), Ammunition, W.E.T music) will release their second album before the end of 2018!

Good thing they gave us a 14 month 'heads up'.  I really liked the first one - moreso than Kade as I recall since I'm not *as* familiar with the entirety of their back-catalogs.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
I think I was the one who said Nordic Union was a snooze.   ;D   

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
From Frontiers' FB this morning

We are pleased to share the news that Nordic Union (Ronnie Atkins Official of Pretty Maids + Erik Martensson of Eclipse (Sweden), Ammunition, W.E.T music) will release their second album before the end of 2018!

Good thing they gave us a 14 month 'heads up'.  I really liked the first one - moreso than Kade as I recall since I'm not *as* familiar with the entirety of their back-catalogs.

I did find it pretty underwhelming, but it did grow on me quite a bit.  Why the fuck announce this for the end of 2018!?  Frontiers gearing up the pre orders early or something.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

Yeah, well... your tastes suck.   :lol
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Lowdz

I think I enjoyed it at the time. Not played it since and can't remember anything about it. Can't say I'm particularly excited at the thought of another.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
What got me was even though it did turn out to be an okay album, it's Martensson starting to run out of ideas and some of the rehashes from his other work here are laughable.

Offline Lowdz

What got me was even though it did turn out to be an okay album, it's Martensson starting to run out of ideas and some of the rehashes from his other work here are laughable.

That's Frontiers ' style!

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

That's Frontiers ' style!

That's the tagline at the bottom of their website, isn't it?  "We've run out of ideas and rehash from older work"

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Why are we talking about this here?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Frontiers do hard rock and metal too Tim  ;D

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Solid stuff??
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
This is the kind of stuff that blurs the line between Frontiers 'we should expect more', and Classic Metal (Ronnie always-looking-like-I-gotta-pinch-a-loaf Atkins).  Wasn't sure which thread to put this one in.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Makes me solid!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
 :lol

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
The Official Solid Rock / Solid Metal Music Discussion and Winger Memorabilia Thread
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline Lowdz

Sorry to derail the Tim’s fantasy thread, decent new song from Shakra

https://youtu.be/JZo0elIBJpY

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I'm just gonna leave this here cause I've got no where else to put it.  Might make a melodic death metal thread.  New Omnium Gatherum;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5glljbcJPw

Offline Lowdz

Do not sully this thread with your growls nonsense 😖😖😖😖

😜

In all seriousness, it started off like any power metal band out there and then the growls started and sounded very out of place and camp. Turned it off after two lines of the vocals. Sorry Kade.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
only 5 seconds of vocals for me

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Wolfking needs to start The Not For Pussies Growl Thread.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Wolfking needs to start The Not For Pussies Growl Thread.

Why, you don't have enough threads that you can mock?   :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns