Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 902341 times)

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Just for you Tim!!

:heart :heart :heart

EDIT: Fuck yes, top of the page!!!

DIT 2:  Hunk of the month, get out of here, try century!!!!
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator

That was my first thought too!  It's gonna be here for our viewing pleasure until the end of the month no doubt!
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

That was my first thought too!  It's gonna be here for our viewing pleasure until the end of the month no doubt!

I'm sure Tim will have a lot to say about lots of different hard rock for the next few days!  :biggrin:

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Tim might actually be as ha.....    never mind  ;D
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
lol, always the Kipster

Offline Lowdz

Oh dear. New project on Frontiers. The words "brainchild of Alessandro Del Vecchio and Serafino " fill me with dread.

Kryptonite

https://melodicrock.com/articles/news-feed/2017/05/23/kryptonite-debut-joins-members-poodles-treat-palace#.WSQZ-z-KLSk.facebook

Well, it will probably be Kryptonite to me...

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Lowdz

Blinded yourself and yet the hand is reaching out for... something...

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I think Desert Song might be my favourite song that Graham Bonnet sang.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 04:53:24 PM by jjrock88 »

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
  Either that or Looking for Love.
The Schenker tune?

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I had just changed the post, I got him mixed up with Gary for that one

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Looking For Love is awesome. Schenker's outro  :hefdaddy

My favorite Bonnet sung song is probably Lost In Hollywood.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni

Looking For Love is awesome. Schenker's outro  :hefdaddy

My favorite Bonnet sung song is probably Lost In Hollywood.

What is your favorite MSG song overall?  That would be a toss up between Looking for Love and Desert Song for me.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
What do you guys think of this?
https://bravewords.com/news/graham-bonnet-band-release-jet-to-jet-video-from-upcoming-live-here-comes-the-night-release

Some awesome tunes. And Mark Zonder.

Didn't like the guitarist at all here.  Zonder is a beast.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
What is your favorite MSG song overall?  That would be a toss up between Looking for Love and Desert Song for me.

My Top 5 MSG tracks:
1. On And On
2. Lost Horizons
3. Looking For Love
4. Attack Of The Mad Axeman
5. Red Skies

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
On and On is fantastic.  I know you've mentioned that the second MSG is your favorite.  I will agree, the debut was excellent but the second one was even better.  It seemed to be hit or miss for me after those two, with Desert Song being a big hit.  But I don't think they ever touched upon those first two albums.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
On and On is fantastic.  I know you've mentioned that the second MSG is your favorite.  I will agree, the debut was excellent but the second one was even better.  It seemed to be hit or miss for me after those two, with Desert Song being a big hit.  But I don't think they ever touched upon those first two albums.

The second MSG is a TAC Top 5 Album of all time. Might be the most important album of my musical formation.

Honestly, I was never a huge fan of Assault Attack. But Martin Birch's production on that is incredible. If only the debut, MSG, and Built To Destroy had THAT production..

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
The second MSG is a TAC Top 5 Album of all time.

I've just put this on right now.

Brought one of those 5 pack album collections that come in the cardboard sleeves a while back but never really got around to checking them all out properly besides Assault Attack.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
This one?

Awesome!! I see it has One Night At Budokan. That is an awesome live album. Both MSG and Budokan feature Cozy Powell.

My favorite part of On And On is actually Paul Raymond's keys throughout the entire song, especially the end.

The debut has a strange feel. Simon Phillips' drumming, while precise, just doesn't fit. Those songs are so much better on Budokan.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Yeah, that's the one.

Just up to On and On now, that's my fav so far, cool song.  This old school hard rock style isn't really my thing to be honest, but the guitar work is keeping me interested.  Cozy was so good.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Yeah, that's the one.

Just up to On and On now, that's my fav so far, cool song.  This old school hard rock style isn't really my thing to be honest, but the guitar work is keeping me interested.  Cozy was so good.

So Kade, that came out in 1981. That was my 8th grade year. I turned 13 in September of 1981. On And On was played on the radio from time to time, and it stopped me in my tracks every time. It was just so damned cool and different to a lot of what was on. I had a friend who was a guitar player and we jammed on that song. We were young then.

Ready To Rock, the first track is easily the weakest. The depth of Let Sleeping Dogs Lie and But I Want More is incredible. Like every song has an amazing Schenker outro.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Yeah, that's the one.

So Kade, that came out in 1981. That was my 8th grade year. I turned 13 in September of 1981. On And On was played on the radio from time to time, and it stopped me in my tracks every time. It was just so damned cool and different to a lot of what was on. I had a friend who was a guitar player and we jammed on that song. We were young then.

Ready To Rock, the first track is easily the weakest. The depth of Let Sleeping Dogs Lie and But I Want More is incredible. Like every song has an amazing Schenker outro.

But I Want More is more my style, that's a cool one, and as you say, lots of depth and different things going on, which I didn't expect.  Killer solo in the breakdown of this one.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
That's a grower. So is Let Sleeping Dogs Lie. It really sneaks up on you.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
What was the reason that Gary left after those first two albums? Was it just an ego thing because they had great chemistry together.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Looking for Love is fucking stellar, wonderful guitar work.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
What was the reason that Gary left after those first two albums? Was it just an ego thing because they had great chemistry together.
Honestly, I'm not sure why he changed singers. Michael was quite off in those years.

Great tune! :metal

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni

excellent tune!  :metal

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni

I'm sure Tim will have a lot to say about lots of different hard rock for the next few days!  :biggrin:

Good effort by Tim - sucked all you guys in and is even linking here from the wuss thread  :biggrin:
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Good effort by Tim - sucked all you guys in and is even linking here from the wuss thread  :biggrin:

Is there a rule that Kip can't make an appearance at the top of every page??

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I'm positive there is.

It's right in the DTF User Agreement that you have to sign when you registered.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I'm positive there is.

It's right in the DTF User Agreement that you have to sign when you registered.

This place is;

But I'm sure the Agreement is coming up for review, and will fight for such clause to be included.  Us Kip fanboys have rights too you know!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Well if you do get it passed, that pic is going to be me in hiding.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
THE NIGHT FLIGHT ORCHESTRA - Something Mysterious

:hat

This is brilliant and amazing in every way.  This is a perfect 80's throwback and is AOR done right, Jesus this is cool.  Frontiers really should take note of this band.  Love it, gotta purchase this one I think.  This is a breath of fresh air IMO.