Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 896719 times)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Anyway, where's TAC?  I was looking forward to his comments on what I posted since he is one of the few who is likely to know who Tommy McClendon is.

OK..The Reel To Reel albums have some great tunes. Their cover of UFO's Rock Bottom is outstanding, as is Thin Lizzy's Bad Reputation. And the cover to Alice's Is It My Body is cool.

The UFO influence on Tesla is obvious, and it was clear right away when I first got into Tesla in 1986.

Atomik Tommy M!!!!  :metal
His album with UFO is awesome.

Ah yes, Misdemeanor. Love it love it love it.

Bosk, here are some clips from the Misdemeanor Tour Live video.

Wreckless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sahDULDeFB4

Meanstreets
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwhyZHVHNiE

Heaven's Gate
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWMEO6--LrU

These are the three best tunes on the Misdemeanor album.
BTW Bosk, the singer is Phil Mogg. He was the subject of Podaar's takeover of Kev's Singer Of The Day Thread. This is late 1985 and suffice it to say, this preceeded his clean and sober days. :lol
He is playing quite loose with the lyrics too :lol :lol

Tommy is awesome in these clips though.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
Those aren't proper Mogg videos, he didn't throw a single punch!  :omg:
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Im with you bosk, can't fucking stand zep or plant and page is overrated as fuck!
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Those aren't proper Mogg videos, he didn't throw a single punch!  :omg:

:lol

He is absolutely fried in that show. I saw them the following June.

I was rereading part of my Rudy Sarzo book today as I was having an offline discussion with Brent, and there's a part about UFO opening for Ozzy and the UFO guys got into a brawl backstage....with each other! :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
Once a boxer, always a boxer.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Im with you bosk, can't fucking stand zep or plant and page is overrated as fuck!

That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
I've always loved Zep, but to be fair, I was never a fan of Plant until... and this is a big until... I witnessed a 19 year-old, tall drink of water, named Elanna spontaneously "happen" during a midnight showing of The Song Remains the Same. Her knees were clamped together tight enough to pinch a blister and she accidentally elbowed me every time Plant moaned out another, "Push, push." It was glorious! I've been an admirer ever since.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Seems Podaar just copyright infringed from Stadler. Just changed the names. :lol

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
No way, Stadler had the same experience? I don't believe you, TAC.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

I went to see Guns and Roses at a club in Philly in 2012, and I was standing right at a railing about midway back; to my left was the access to the handicapped seats, and to my right were round tables in front of the bar.   Sitting at the table was this cute girl - she absolutely knew how to wear those jeans ... and as the show progressed (it was a three hour plus show) she was dancing, and because of space, we came in contact, and I made little (read: NO) effort to move.  It is hard to describe now without seeming...  weird, but we spent about two hours jamming to G'n'R, and while we never said a word to each other, she basically rubbed her ass against me surreptitiously for most of that time. 

:neverusethis:

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
 :lol

I would have given just about anything to have Alanna rub her ass against me, unfortunately she was going with my buddy who was sitting on the other side. And no, his name wasn't Jesse.  :lol

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Speaking of what the UFO boys got up to back in the day .............I have only heard snippets in the odd doco but there is a theory that some of the UFO boys had more than a little to do with the death of Bon Scott.   What is the official TAC view on that one?
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Speaking of what the UFO boys got up to back in the day .............I have only heard snippets in the odd doco but there is a theory that some of the UFO boys had more than a little to do with the death of Bon Scott.   What is the official TAC view on that one?

I honestly had never heard of any connection until your post. I found this very interesting article:
https://teamrock.com/feature/2016-07-09/what-really-happened-on-the-night-bon-scott-died

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
This is the pic that is referenced. I've seen this before. Back in the day I had this great Ross Halfin photo book.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Just found this on YouTube. Epk for the Magnus Karlsson Ronnie Romero project The Ferrymen
https://youtu.be/vDBAIBacVZk

This is going to be great.

Sounds fucking heavy, bring it on.  Magnus' guitar tones lately have been huge!

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Didn't expect to see the Apollo in the countdown let alone so high.  Didn't do much for me, might have to revisit it.

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...

I went to see Guns and Roses at a club in Philly in 2012, and I was standing right at a railing about midway back; to my left was the access to the handicapped seats, and to my right were round tables in front of the bar.   Sitting at the table was this cute girl - she absolutely knew how to wear those jeans ... and as the show progressed (it was a three hour plus show) she was dancing, and because of space, we came in contact, and I made little (read: NO) effort to move.  It is hard to describe now without seeming...  weird, but we spent about two hours jamming to G'n'R, and while we never said a word to each other, she basically rubbed her ass against me surreptitiously for most of that time. 

:neverusethis:

:rollin
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Hitting another of Brent's 2016 albums to this morning. Spellcaster.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Hitting another of Brent's 2016 albums to this morning. Spellcaster.

This song that Brent gave us was very impressive indeed.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
That Death Angel was pretty sweet, have to check that one out too.  Never gave any of their stuff a listen I don't think.

Brent, you mentioned Kreator there, you enjoyed the album they put out a couple of months abck?  I loved it, thought it was quite brilliant.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
That Death Angel was pretty sweet, have to check that one out too.  Never gave any of their stuff a listen I don't think.

Brent, you mentioned Kreator there, you enjoyed the album they put out a couple of months abck?  I loved it, thought it was quite brilliant.

Yeah - thought it was good with 2-3 standout tracks.  Their early stuff was the sort of Euro thrash I never liked but their new melodic vibe is a big move in the right direction as far as my taste goes.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
That Death Angel was pretty sweet, have to check that one out too.

yes, this needs to happen
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline Lowdz

That Death Angel was pretty sweet, have to check that one out too.

yes, this needs to happen

I liked it. The only other I've heard by them is Act III, which I really liked.
Have heard a track or two of the Kreator, having dismissed them as not my thing previously. Will have to check it out.

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
Wolf, Lowdz,

Death Angel is amazing. My favorite is easily The Dream Calls for Blood. I didn't see what DA you checked out, but if you haven't listened to that one, do it. Trust me.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
Yeah, I just listened to Death Angel-The Evil Divide too.  :metal  Fun album! I thought the closer Let the Pieces Fall was particularly excellent.  :hefdaddy

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
Wolf, Lowdz,

Death Angel is amazing. My favorite is easily The Dream Calls for Blood. I didn't see what DA you checked out, but if you haven't listened to that one, do it. Trust me.

Holy shit, Succubus off that album is fantastic!  :metal :metal :metal

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I've only heard Act III from Death Angel, which I thought was solid

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
The vocals kill them for me, but last year's album was excellent, musically and much more well rounded than their classic  material.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
I listened - putting my faith in Brent/Hath/Lowdz.

I was disappoint.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Wolf, Lowdz,

Will do Brian.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Sib Hashian RIP
https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/sib-hashian-boston-drummer-dies-at-67/ar-BByDE4Z?li=BBnb2gh

WTF? Collapsed while performing on The Legends Of Rock Cruise.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Good lord, that's just terrible and would have been shocking for everyone there.  RIP.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Wolf, Lowdz,

Just had a listen.  Really strong thrash, nice production and some killer riffing, good stuff!

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Finally made it to the end of the podcast and a worthy number 1, it would probably be my fav of the year too.  I actually liked a lot of the songs mid countdown than most of the top 10.  Got some albums to check out though.