Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 896832 times)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
So one listen to the new Place Vendome.

At the halfway point, I'm thinking that the second half can suck and it'll still be their best since the first one.

And on cue, the second half sucks! :lol
Actually, I'm sure it'll get better with subsequent listens. Kiske sounds amazing. I don't need a great album of music to enjoy Kiske.

Other than Strong, the first half is pretty um..strong.
Riding The Ghost :metal Kai Hansen  :metal

And Kiske on Breathing  :hefdaddy  Holy hell!

All in all, I'm happy with it. Gotta relisten to the last two PV albums at some point.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Lowdz

I thought that LeBrock was pretty damn good.

Didn't do much for me. It was just kind of there. I wasn't too into that style back in the day.

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
So one listen to the new Place Vendome.

At the halfway point, I'm thinking that the second half can suck and it'll still be their best since the first one.

And on cue, the second half sucks! :lol
Actually, I'm sure it'll get better with subsequent listens. Kiske sounds amazing. I don't need a great album of music to enjoy Kiske.

Other than Strong, the first half is pretty um..strong.
Riding The Ghost :metal Kai Hansen  :metal

And Kiske on Breathing  :hefdaddy  Holy hell!

All in all, I'm happy with it. Gotta relisten to the last two PV albums at some point.

I've  never checked out PV. It sounds like I probably should...
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Start with the first one. The first half is stellar!

Offline Lowdz

Start with the first one. The first half is stellar!

That's about all you'll need, though I haven't heard the new one. The tracks they released made me really not want to.

I've ever really liked Kiske's voice that much.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

I've ever liked it too! ;D

Offline Lowdz

I've ever liked it too! ;D

Apple obviously love it too and have rigged their keyboard to have no disagreement . Trump will be doing that next...

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Good to hear it's pretty good, since the oreo mouth filled samples had us all worried.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Kade, Riding The Ghost (w/ Kai Hansen)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThV-COJga60

And you do know there's a Magnus Karlsson track, right?

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
PV didn't do much for me.  It was enjoyable, but I wasn't wow'd.  Though to be fair, that seems to be the trend with a lot of new music for me lately.  Same can be said for the other releases from yesterday - Unruly Child, Bloodbound, and Lionville.  All were a nice listen, but that's about all I can say.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
PV didn't do much for me.  It was enjoyable, but I wasn't wow'd.   

Totally fair. Only a handful of really good songs, but maybe only a couple that outright suck. I can live with it. Don't have a choice really.
I can handle some mediocre music, which is what this is, to listen to Kiske. If Kiske was not involved, TAC would not be involved. ;D

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Same can be said for the other releases from yesterday - Unruly Child, Bloodbound, and Lionville.   
Just sampled.
My God, what absolute suckage!

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Yeah... They were on the softer end of Melodic Rock, which I enjoy from time to time. These 2 were rather mediocre at best.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
You'd think a band called Unruly Child would be a little more....um..unruly!

Offline Lowdz

Played the Unruly Child earlier. Nice, inoffensive stuff but won't be playing it again. The Tokyo Motor Fist is decent at first listen . Sounds like everything Ted Poles has done outside of Danger Danger.

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline Lowdz

It would seem so.  :biggrin:
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 02:32:11 AM by Lowdz »

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I've been playing the new Armored Saint live album.  It's short and to the point, but excellent.

Out of all the 80's metal singers, John Bush's vocals may have stood the test of time the best.  He really hasn't lost a step and he's truly as good as ever.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
I'm watching on ASXTV Real to Real- Inside Metal: Pioneers of LA Hard Rock and Metal.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Kade, Riding The Ghost (w/ Kai Hansen)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThV-COJga60

And you do know there's a Magnus Karlsson track, right?

Not bad, nothing amazing though.  Yeah, saw there is a Magnus track too, should be sweet.

Same can be said for the other releases from yesterday - Unruly Child, Bloodbound, and Lionville.   
Just sampled.
My God, what absolute suckage!

What did I tell you Tim.........fine then, don't listen to me.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
 :rollin

Classic Kade! :lol

After Chad's post, I figured I'd check 'em out. Such a bad idea.

I hate being the only kid in the room that doesn't know what's everyone's talking about. :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I've been playing the new Armored Saint live album.  It's short and to the point, but excellent.

Out of all the 80's metal singers, John Bush's vocals may have stood the test of time the best.  He really hasn't lost a step and he's truly as good as ever.

That's because John Bush is not human.
We finally get a great live version of Aftermath. I was so bummed it wasn't included on SWQ. Such a great tune. My second favorite AS tune after Book Of Blood.

Offline Lowdz

New House of Lords is a snooze fest. But I am in a bad mood so not really in the ballad mood 😡

https://youtu.be/8J6yTZDoSX0

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
New House of Lords is a snooze fest. But I am in a bad mood so not really in the ballad mood 😡

https://youtu.be/8J6yTZDoSX0

I think I'm going to go for a nap

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
House Of Lords? A snooze fest?

You don't say!
I can't believe it!
I would never have guessed!
So shocking!
No way!
You're kidding!
You cannot be serious!
I'm completely caught off guard!
What a surprise!

;D

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...

Absolutely agree. I saw Armored Saint in November, and then again a couple years ago opening for Saxon.  He has really taken care of his voice. In some ways, he's actually at his peak now, as opposed to 20 years ago.

That's because John Bush is not human.
We finally get a great live version of Aftermath. I was so bummed it wasn't included on SWQ. Such a great tune. My second favorite AS tune after Book Of Blood.

Great song. And no, Bush is not human.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
From what I can tell this band are crap but I enjoyed this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OKw175ouKk&feature=youtu.be
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Just to leave these here in the presence of people that will appreciate.  First, dropping April 21st:

And these are dropping April 28th.

Fuck that day is looking as good as Jan 28, 2017... Pyramaze, Mindmaze, Ayreon, Vandroya (plus a couple more 'prog' - Big Big Train and Lonely Robot).

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Just to leave these here in the presence of people that will appreciate.  First, dropping April 21st:

Looking forward to all of those Chad (except Ayreon  :angel: ).................especially the Labyrinth.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Offline Lowdz

I enjoyed the first Vandroya.
Can't say I'm too excited for the others. I'm hoping the Ayreon is good.

Offline Lowdz

Just listened to the Labyrinth ANewDream track and have changed my mind. Loved it.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I'm really looking forward to the Pyramaze.  The last album was brilliant.