Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 902216 times)

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
  I still don't understand the point.............. the altered lyrics is pretty stupid................. but I'll pick this up for sure.

Take that one to your friends at Metalholics Anonymous  :lol

I make no apologies for my actions.  ;D

Do you need a list of those you need make amends with?  :lol
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
As long as Kade doesn't skip step 9, everything should be cool.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Have to say I’m enjoying the Loudness, but the riffs are the sort of thing I come up with when jamming and throw them away as being too obvious  :lol

I really like it. It's very strong. I've tried them a number of times, and they have always come off as generic. The only real weak track is the bonus track Let's All Rock.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Have to say I’m enjoying the Loudness, but the riffs are the sort of thing I come up with when jamming and throw them away as being too obvious  :lol

I really like it. It's very strong. I've tried them a number of times, and they have always come off as generic. The only real weak track is the bonus track Let's All Rock.

I found it to be quite pedestrian.  I did like Soldier of Fortune enough to save on Spotify though.  I think Paul recommended it a while back?
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

I found it to be quite pedestrian.  I did like Soldier of Fortune enough to save on Spotify though.  I think Paul recommended it a while back?

The definition of pedestrian.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Coming in April.....

"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
 :metal

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I only have Thundersteel and Riot Down Under and don't really know any later Riot.  I remember Brent playing a song or two in a podcast and they were strong if I remember rightly.  Another band that could be available in my roulette.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Fire Down Under rocks!!

Restless Breed is also another great release from Riot.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
The day I bought Piece Of Mind, I grabbed Riot's Narita with it.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Fire Down Under rocks!!

Yeah, it really is.

Offline Lowdz

The ritual of shit album covers continues for them though.

I haven’t devoted nearly enough time to Riot and I really should put that right

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Oy........quit dissing Johnny the Seal  :biggrin:

We haven't had any memorabilia in the thread for a while so here goes with some KISS stuff. As you guys know the vast majority of my stuff -much of it posted in the early days of the thread - is Van Halen related.   KISS and VH were the two biggest bands for me in the very early childhood days - especially KISS - but when it came to collecting, the amount of KISS stuff was so ridiculous that I knew a completist like me had no chance.

Anyway - in the end I decided to just get the odd "high impact" item related to KISS that I thought was pretty cool and genuinely rare.  I have a few more items but here are 3 of my favourites:

1) 1977 Japanese Tour Book

2) Japanese only Gene Simmons 1978 picture disc (unique art)

and my favourite............

3) Excellent condition 1978 KISS card box with 36 packs unopened

.....love that gum smell  ;D

Anyone else have any cool KISS memorabilia?
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Nope... never actually saw them live.  Was never a big enough fan.

Offline Lowdz

Nope... never actually saw them live.  Was never a big enough fan.

That’s because you never saw them live 😀

KISS were my first serious favourite band (after ABBA!) but I never really collected the stuff.

I have the double groove Creatures of the Night 12 inch, the tank shaped clear vinyl of some single(might be Lick It Up). I do have a few of the early albums in red vinyl which were worth a bit at one time - I bought them second hand for next to nothing. Didnt realise what I had til I got them home.

I really should venture into the attic one day and see what I’ve still got because the old memory isn’t up to it anymore, and there’s plenty of stuff I traded and lost along the way, as I’m sure we all have.

Offline Lowdz

And I’ve got the KISStory coffee table book.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni

Binding falling to bits like just about all of them?

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Lowdz

Binding falling to bits like just about all of them?

Absolutely 😡

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I hate KISS.

But that trading card box is legit.

Offline Lowdz

Anyone heard the Saxon yet? Almost bought it today but want to hear it first.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Just opened the package!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Anyone else have any cool KISS memorabilia?

So I have posted these before, but I'll do it again.

Here are my KISS jigsaw puzzles:

Here are a few pics of the KISS On Tour board game

Not really memorabilia but I bought this shirt because I thought it looked cool:

And of course an old picture from Halloween. I think I was 11 or 12. I'm Gene. Wearing my mother's boots, a hockey stick guitar, and a cardboard/aluminum foil "belt":

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Some awesome Kiss pictures!!

Didn't they release a comic book in the 70's that had their blood in the print?

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Some awesome Kiss pictures!!

Didn't they release a comic book in the 70's that had their blood in the print?

I have that too - will post during the week  ;D    I think I have an RIAA platinum award for Love Gun somewhere too so will try and find that.

Great stuff Tim :metal  We have Kissopoly but I have to be careful with Ben as a few of the cards are rather "adult" :)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 03:49:54 PM by bl5150 »

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Hey Brent, have you ever heard this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ednz5JobmXI

I stumbled upon it today on youtube. I will say that in 1985 I would've loved this. I love it now!
Can't find it on Amazon though.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Hey Brent, have you ever heard this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ednz5JobmXI

I stumbled upon it today on youtube. I will say that in 1985 I would've loved this. I love it now!
Can't find it on Amazon though.

It is a very rare one but I do have that Tim .  Can organise something for you if you wish  ;)

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Paul, I just got through my first listen.

Lionheart was the album that got me back into Saxon, and everything from Lionheart on has been excellent. I would say that this is easily the weakest album since the pre Lionheart days. It feels kind of rushed. It does have an old school feel and is warm in spots. Maybe it'll grow on me. I hope it does. There's some groovy parts, but I found myself wanting to skip through tracks.
If I had to pick a favorite track, it'd be A Wizard's Tale.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I ordered the new Saxon today, will arrive Tuesday!

And that was a good song that Tim posted. Never heard of Universe, but that's what is cool about YouTube; once you find an obscure band, there will be related links to other obscure bands.

Universe, Alien, Witch Cross, Trance, Alien Force, Madison, Virtue and Trance are some of the related ones on that link.

Brent, I know you are on another level than anyone on earth, but have you heard of all these bands?

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
I ordered the new Saxon today, will arrive Tuesday!

And that was a good song that Tim posted. Never heard of Universe, but that's what is cool about YouTube; once you find an obscure band, there will be related links to other obscure bands.

Universe, Alien, Witch Cross, Trance, Alien Force, Madison, Virtue and Trance are some of the related ones on that link.

Brent, I know you are on another level than anyone on earth, but have you heard of all these bands?

yeah..............I think I have heard all those bands but not two bands named Trance  ;D

As far as what I own -  only Universe, Alien, Trance and Madison.   That's probably because I wasn't fussed about the others but would have to check.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I really wanted to emphasize Trance lol

Are any of these bands NWOBHM bands? Because I know there was a shitload of obscure bands from that era

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YMf90Kbcok&feature=youtu.be

New Blaze song.  This is a pretty good song, but it has the issue that the last two had and that is thin and weak production.  The material on both the last two have been really quite good but the production lets it down.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I don't mind the production.
While it does seem to be on the thin side of the spectrum, at least every instrument, especially the bass, is clear. I prefer that than something heavier and muddier.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Seems like they are crammed in there pretty good lol.........not much room to play their instruments

Offline Lowdz

I just don’t get it. Awful voice. Nothing to like.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
I'm sure that Tim's already on to this one , but a new box set release

https://youtu.be/GPEscKq3Z5Y

www.theguitardojo.com.au